Author Topic: Third conviction in Anni Dewani murder case.  (Read 1603 times)

Offline John

Third conviction in Anni Dewani murder case.
« on: November 22, 2012, 02:31:30 PM »
Third conviction in Anni Dewani murder case.

Prosecutors said Xolile Mngeni was hired by Mrs Dewani's British husband Shrien Dewani to carry out the killing, which was made to look like a car hijacking in Cape Town's impoverished Gugulethu township during the couple's honeymoon.

Anni and her husband Shrien Dewani. Credit: ITV News

Following her death three men have been convicted. Anni's husband Shrien Dewani is fighting extradition to South Africa and continues to deny he orchestrated the killing. The convictions to date are:

December 2010: Taxi driver Zola Tongo is jailed for 18 years after making a plea agreement with prosecutors.

August 2012: Mziwamadoda Qwabe is jailed for 25 years after admitting murder.

November 2012: Xolile Mngeni is found guilty of killing Mrs Dewani.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposť of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline John

Re: Third conviction in Anni Dewani murder case.
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2012, 02:32:55 PM »
The Dewani affair is an interesting case.  Please tell me if I get this wrong but didn't the first two African guys state that Shrien paid them to abduct him and his bride and shoot her while the third guy who was convicted recently has denied this?  We don't want to fall foul of any sub judice rules by pre-empting the outcome.

I personally believe he should have returned to South Africa immediately if he had nothing to hide and his failure to do so says much about him. The illness is rather convenient as in many of these cases.

It could be that two of the Africans were in the know about the abduction while the third guy just happened to be with them.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposť of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.