Author Topic: Please list all the translation errors in the PJ files  (Read 42377 times)

Offline mercury

Re: Please list all the translation errors in the PJ files
« Reply #270 on: July 23, 2015, 01:15:55 PM »
Did we ever get to know the outcome of the proposed enquiry into this allegation?   

"The Force demands the highest standard of professionalism from all staff and will thoroughly investigate any allegations of inappropriate behaviour.

"The Force's Professional Standards Department will now investigate the alleged incident and therefore it would be inappropriate to comment further at this time."

Unquote

He was cleared by Leicester  Police of any misconduct but the case got referred to the IPCC, result unknown. He is retired now.

http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/Leicestershire-Police-inquiry-clears-detective/story-16450583-detail/story.html

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #271 on: July 23, 2015, 01:29:52 PM »
LOL ... I have checked out the allegation on the fora which have dedicated threads to this alleged incident ... what I find astounding is that the alleged conduct of an officer whose only connection to Madeleine McCann's parents is that he took rog statements from some witnesses was used to quite openly excoriate them.  WOW!!

This discussion began by you criticising the PJ for sending the wrong e-fit to Leicester police to show to Mrs Tranmer.

It turned out they didn't make any mistake. I then questioned the witnesses vagueness  and the police officer for not knowing or not making clear what he was showing to the witness.

You responded (as is your wont when the UK police are discussed) by using your 'admiring' tone in relation to this detective. You said;

'the questioner's gently probing style has always impressed and getting Ms Tranmer to work out for herself she was in error with the date was pretty good.'

I provided a link suggesting that he was quite possibly not that professional. How on earth can you interpret that as being anything at all to do with the McCanns? it was all about the detective, nothing else.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Brietta

« Reply #272 on: July 23, 2015, 02:08:43 PM »
This discussion began by you criticising the PJ for sending the wrong e-fit to Leicester police to show to Mrs Tranmer.

It turned out they didn't make any mistake. I then questioned the witnesses vagueness  and the police officer for not knowing or not making clear what he was showing to the witness.

You responded (as is your wont when the UK police are discussed) by using your 'admiring' tone in relation to this detective. You said;

'the questioner's gently probing style has always impressed and getting Ms Tranmer to work out for herself she was in error with the date was pretty good.'

I provided a link suggesting that he was quite possibly not that professional. How on earth can you interpret that as being anything at all to do with the McCanns? it was all about the detective, nothing else.

Because I could not access the cite you provided ... I searched ... and found the police officer's alleged misdemeanour to be the subject of discussion on sceptic forums, where I was able to read the Telegraph article in its entirety in conjunction with many other predictable comments.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline mercury

« Reply #273 on: July 23, 2015, 02:18:36 PM »
Nothng wrong with GU's lnk at all, I easily read it all, and I don't have a Telegraph subscription.  You may have got what is called a pop up box asking you to subscribe. There is a little X on the top right of it, whch you just need to "click" and it goes away, leaving you free  to read

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #274 on: July 23, 2015, 02:28:52 PM »
Because I could not access the cite you provided ... I searched ... and found the police officer's alleged misdemeanour to be the subject of discussion on sceptic forums, where I was able to read the Telegraph article in its entirety in conjunction with many other predictable comments.

Your post criticising the PJ for a 'mistake' was 1. off topic and 2. wrong. What is said in other places is irrelevant also. Do you have any translation errors to share with us, I wonder? I guess not.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline mercury

« Reply #275 on: July 24, 2015, 12:27:19 AM »
So, any "mistranslations" that scuppered the case?
No, didn't think so

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #276 on: July 24, 2015, 11:31:33 AM »
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?