Author Topic: Anti facebook groups etc  (Read 14433 times)

Online Eleanor

Re: Anti facebook groups etc
« Reply #30 on: July 06, 2022, 10:37:12 PM »
I haven't seen that in pro McCann groups

Nor me neither.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #31 on: July 06, 2022, 11:15:37 PM »
There are at least two sides to every story. The story being told is that of someone being blocked just for politely asking questions. What's the other side (s)? You don't know, but you're happy to believe what you're being told. I don'r think that's a very balanced approach.
It certainly happened to me.  I was bum clenchingly polite on a sceptic site but I was shut down within a couple of days for daring to suggest that the most plausible explanation for Madeleine’s disappearance was that she was  abducted.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Online Eleanor

« Reply #32 on: July 06, 2022, 11:18:09 PM »
It certainly happened to me.  I was bum clenchingly polite on a sceptic site but I was shut down within a couple of days for daring to suggest that the most plausible explanation for Madeleine’s disappearance was that she was  abducted.

I never so much as got to make a comment and I was a goner.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #33 on: July 06, 2022, 11:21:19 PM »
Perhaps I will sign up to CMOMM again as an experiment just to see how long I last this time…
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #34 on: July 07, 2022, 06:13:49 AM »
I haven't seen that in pro McCann groups

There's one forum in particulat who's members have attacked me despite me never having been a member of it or wanting to be. Do you need links?
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #35 on: July 07, 2022, 07:46:43 AM »
There's one forum in particulat who's members have attacked me despite me never having been a member of it or wanting to be. Do you need links?
The salient point is that you have never joined that forum so we don’t know if you would be banned after expressing your “doubts” or not do we?

Offline Rossb

« Reply #36 on: July 07, 2022, 08:18:33 AM »
Thanks for the replies, i am still figuring out who to use this for quotation lf others replies, i forgot to add that ive been blocked from around 7 sites. I thought it was pertinent ro bring up because its still happening all over. This isnt balanced and can hardly be challenging others who believe the parents had somethinf to do with the disapperance. Those making the accusations should be well questioned despite what thwory may arise against.

Yes i did join a while back and the thread was gerry a mason (another pointless accuastion)
But ive been working abroad and im back to newcastle now so hopefully should have more time on my hands.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #37 on: July 07, 2022, 08:19:53 AM »
The salient point is that you have never joined that forum so we don’t know if you would be banned after expressing your “doubts” or not do we?

I've got more sense than to join a forum where all the members clearly reject my views. All opinions are allowed here, but many groups and forums welcome only those who share their views. I've never been banned from CMOMM but I've never challenged their beliefs because I realised there was no point. I came here instead.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #38 on: July 07, 2022, 08:28:11 AM »
I've got more sense than to join a forum where all the members clearly reject my views. All opinions are allowed here, but many groups and forums welcome only those who share their views. I've never been banned from CMOMM but I've never challenged their beliefs because I realised there was no point. I came here instead.
so are you now accepting the point that anti forums like CMOMM ban anyone who voices their belief that Madeleine was abducted?

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #39 on: July 07, 2022, 09:23:24 AM »
so are you now accepting the point that anti forums like CMOMM ban anyone who voices their belief that Madeleine was abducted?

No. They will, however, like some here, not be interested in revisiting the subject. I know some here tend to see the subject as closed and say 'We've already discussed that years ago'. The CMOMM site is well-organised and to be fair their views are all available if people are prepared to read them.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #40 on: July 07, 2022, 09:30:07 AM »

So you finally admit the truth..... What took you so long.
Sonia Poulton has said she might invite some people with opposing views on to her show to discuss the case.. I've offered my services. You seem to support those who want to spout junk unchallenged... I think that's a pretty poor idea.
I'm happy to defend my opinions in an open debate... That makes me better than them

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #41 on: July 07, 2022, 09:40:00 AM »
So you finally admit the truth..... What took you so long.
Sonia Poulton has said she might invite some people with opposing views on to her show to discuss the case.. I've offered my services. You seem to support those who want to spout junk unchallenged... I think that's a pretty poor idea.
I'm happy to defend my opinions in an open debate... That makes me better than them

If I supported people who want to spout junk unchallenged I wouldn't be here challenging people. I have no wish to be a lone voice in any forum.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #42 on: July 07, 2022, 09:47:34 AM »
If I supported people who want to spout junk unchallenged I wouldn't be here challenging people. I have no wish to be a lone voice in any forum.
You support any forum which wants to stop anyone questioning their views.. Which may well be junk.
You have posted on WS where your views make you a lone voice. Your views were quickly challenged and you haven't replied.  That's good open debate... That's what's important in a free society.  Closed groups promoting one view unchallenged is bad for society.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #43 on: July 07, 2022, 11:27:24 AM »
You support any forum which wants to stop anyone questioning their views.. Which may well be junk.
You have posted on WS where your views make you a lone voice. Your views were quickly challenged and you haven't replied.  That's good open debate... That's what's important in a free society.  Closed groups promoting one view unchallenged is bad for society.

It's one thing to support something and quite another to accept the way things are. The last unanswered comment on WS was that the presumption of innocence applies only in court. Anyone who has knowledge of the ECHR case law knows that that is nonsense.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #44 on: July 07, 2022, 11:38:41 AM »
It's one thing to support something and quite another to accept the way things are. The last unanswered comment on WS was that the presumption of innocence applies only in court. Anyone who has knowledge of the ECHR case law knows that that is nonsense.

If we all accepted the way things were there would be no progress in the world. On websleuths you are free to question anything...thats the difference