Author Topic: Child abduction UK  (Read 25245 times)

Offline faithlilly

Re: Child abduction UK
« Reply #45 on: August 18, 2013, 07:10:21 PM »
Not if he had done it before.

What, like an anaesthetist ?
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Lace

« Reply #46 on: August 18, 2013, 07:20:00 PM »
Chemical on a cloth Faithfully.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #47 on: August 18, 2013, 07:27:31 PM »
Chemical on a cloth Faithfully.

No thanks Lace, I've just had my dinner.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline DCI

• Why are some folks so sick in the head!!!
« Reply #48 on: August 18, 2013, 08:01:40 PM »
There was a little girl taken from a tent in her garden wasn't there?   By a stranger.

And one from her bath, By a stranger.
Kate's 500 Mile Cycle Challenge

https://www.justgiving.com/KateMcCann/

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #49 on: August 18, 2013, 08:06:12 PM »

How could they possibly do that. the window of opportunity could only be a matter of seconds. Impossible
« Last Edit: August 18, 2013, 08:08:52 PM by davel »

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #50 on: August 18, 2013, 08:10:29 PM »

Did the abductor leave any evidence

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #51 on: August 18, 2013, 08:16:47 PM »
Are any of the [ censored word] getting the picture...an abduction by a stranger in seconds..and no forensic evidence
impossible

Offline DCI

• Why are some folks so sick in the head!!!
« Reply #52 on: August 18, 2013, 08:23:28 PM »
Kate's 500 Mile Cycle Challenge

https://www.justgiving.com/KateMcCann/

Offline Carana

« Reply #53 on: August 18, 2013, 08:34:44 PM »

The Golden witness whose credibility Gerry tried to undermine later in Madeleine Was Here, that Golden witness ?

I didn't find that he was undermining her at all, they were acknowledging that they simply had slightly different recollections of exactly where the two men were standing.

Offline Carana

« Reply #54 on: August 18, 2013, 08:38:01 PM »
Ylenia Lenhard wasn't abducted when sleeping in her bed but when walking in a street. What killed her was a solvent, (mis)used for its euphoric effects, to induce sleepiness.

I didn't say she was.

Elizabeth Smart was abducted from her bed by a stranger, whilst her parents were sleeping.

Offline Admin

« Reply #55 on: August 18, 2013, 11:49:38 PM »
I've changed the title to Europe, if that makes you happier. I originally wrote UK because of the study.

I find the Ylenia case relevant to the broader discussion: a 5-year-old kidnapped from Appenzell in Switzerland by an opportunistic predator who lived in Spain. If the swimming-pool attendant hadn't seen her get into his car, her mother would still be under a cloud of suspicion.

You cannot move the goal posts after the goal has been scored Carana.   I have changed it back.

Clearly abduction in the UK differs from that which takes place elsewhere involving other cultures.

For example you cannot compare an abduction which takes place in England to that which takes place in Siberia or India for a multitude of reasons.

If you wish to discuss abduction in Europe please open a new thread.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2013, 11:58:52 PM by Admin »

AnneGuedes

« Reply #56 on: August 19, 2013, 01:14:11 AM »
I didn't say she was.

Elizabeth Smart was abducted from her bed by a stranger, whilst her parents were sleeping.
Very curious abduction in fact. Elizabeth was 14, she wasn't sleeping and she knew the man she followed (he didn't carry her).

Offline Carana

« Reply #57 on: August 19, 2013, 09:55:13 AM »
You cannot move the goal posts after the goal has been scored Carana.   I have changed it back.

Clearly abduction in the UK differs from that which takes place elsewhere involving other cultures.

For example you cannot compare an abduction which takes place in England to that which takes place in Siberia or India for a multitude of reasons.

If you wish to discuss abduction in Europe please open a new thread.

Of course, and as we know, Madeleine wasn't abducted in the UK. So what was the significance of Amaral citing the report that Harrison showed him about UK statistics in his book?

If you read it quickly, it gives the impression that in 96% of cases of crimes against children, the parents/friends are responsible, i.e. it gives the impression to the average reader that there was an overwhelming probability that the parents/T7 were involved. He seems to be mixing all the subsets of crime: child sexual abuse (in which family, friends and persons in authority would obviously form the majority due to access), with murder and abduction. Then he jumps to the conclusion that in only 4% of cases is a child murderer/abductor a stranger. 

I have doubts that he correctly understood the report, or else it's badly worded. Unfortunately, I haven't found the report that he appears to be referring to online to read it for myself.

AMAZING STATISTICS

Great Britain has at its disposal the world’s biggest data bank on homicide of children under five years old. Since 1960, the count is 1528. Harrison is well acquainted with its contents. He often draws information from there which helps him to resolve similar cases. Valuable information can be found there on on various criminal modus operandi, places where bodies are hidden, techniques used to get rid of a body. He relates that on one occasion, thanks to the data, he was able to deduce the maximum distance a body might be found in relation to where the crime had been committed.

The figures quoted in the report he hands over give us the shivers. The crimes, including those of a sexual nature, are committed by the parents in 84% of cases; 96% are perpetrated by friends and relatives. In only 4% of them is the murderer or abductor a total stranger to the victim. In this roundabout way, Mark Harrison points out that the guilty party may be a person close to Madeleine, and even her own parents. From now on, we have to explore this track, especially as the others have proved fruitless.

AnneGuedes

« Reply #58 on: August 19, 2013, 12:25:35 PM »
Have you found stats about children death due to lack of anticipation ? They are very difficult to establish. How would you qualify the death of a child falling in a pool when the father only left to pick up a ringing phone ?

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #59 on: August 19, 2013, 02:08:55 PM »
Have you found stats about children death due to lack of anticipation ? They are very difficult to establish. How would you qualify the death of a child falling in a pool when the father only left to pick up a ringing phone ?

Death by misadventure resulting from parental negligence.
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!