Author Topic: The Leonor Cipriano case reviewed... AGAIN!  (Read 251942 times)

Offline Eleanor

Re: The Leonor Cipriano case reviewed... AGAIN!
« Reply #975 on: November 18, 2013, 08:06:29 PM »
I soooo wholeheartedly agree
 8((()*/

Now, that list......of cases whch proves the Pj routinely accuse charge or convict  family of homicide in missing cases, something which is very popular in your words in Portugal.....im the patient sort so catch you bit later with your evidence....otherwise retract your blanket made up statement....

I didn't say "Very Popular."  Read my post.  Don't misquote me. This seems to be a failing of yours.

Redblossom

« Reply #976 on: November 18, 2013, 08:14:12 PM »
I didn't say "Very Popular."  Read my post.  Don't misquote me. This seems to be a failing of yours.
@)(++(*

gosh do accept my most sincere apologies, you didnt say very  you said fairly

now, the cases whch make this fairly popular then...popular suggests at least more than one or two or three even

quote eleanor

"crimes of homicide and concealment of the child’s cadaver."

This seems to be a fairly popular crime on The Algarve.  And it doesn't seem to matter what nationality you are.

unquote eleanor

oh and I take back my option of adults, as you talked about children......so who is exagerrating so very very wildly here? Not me......
 >@@(*&)

Offline Anna

« Reply #977 on: November 18, 2013, 08:14:31 PM »
Just keep on posting on The Cipriano Forum.  Everyone is entitled to an opinion.  That's what it's all about, Folks.

Right now I am not concentrating on McCanns, Portugal, or any other such alleged crime and I am only interested in Amaral-  if his name is connected within the statements and evidence of this one case (Leonor Cipriano)
   So is this thread, not for those of us interested in the same?
“You should not honour men more than truth.”
― Plato

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #978 on: November 18, 2013, 08:23:10 PM »
Right now I am not concentrating on McCanns, Portugal, or any other such alleged crime and I am only interested in Amaral-  if his name is connected within the statements and evidence of this one case (Leonor Cipriano)
   So is this thread, not for those of us interested in the same?

It isn't possible to leave him out since he is up to his neck in both cases.  But I am mainly concerned with what I see as a miscarriage of justice.

Redblossom

« Reply #979 on: November 18, 2013, 08:43:03 PM »
It isn't possible to leave him out since he is up to his neck in both cases.  But I am mainly concerned with what I see as a miscarriage of justice.

And that just couldnt ever possibly be because he and his team were right , could it?

I mean one set were convicted of murder, all appeals quashed, the other lot were never cleared......hardly a damning inditement on the police work.......by the final authorities

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #980 on: November 18, 2013, 08:47:34 PM »
And that just couldnt ever possibly be because he and his team were right , could it?

I mean one set were convicted of murder, all appeals quashed, the other lot were never cleared......hardly a damning inditement on the police work.......by the final authorities

according to Montclair who has lived in Portugal for 37 years, he has never heard of a successful appeal..so no surprise the appeal was unsuccesful

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #981 on: November 18, 2013, 08:51:02 PM »
no mention of homicide in the  mccann case....not even accidental killing...no statement that a body was stored in a fridge......look forward to all the cases......that make it a popular thing in Portugal....

Mccann case has no similarity with Cipriano one however much you wish it to have.....but youcarry on making tenuous connections

I have heard both accidental homicide and the fridge mentioned re the McCannns on this forum

Redblossom

« Reply #982 on: November 18, 2013, 08:52:14 PM »
according to Montclair who has lived in Portugal for 37 years, he has never heard of a successful appeal..so no surprise the appeal was unsuccesful

Must try harder than twisting ther meaning...which was explained to you, maybe you have alzheimers

Offline Anna

« Reply #983 on: November 18, 2013, 08:52:55 PM »

Yes as I am also interested in any possible miscarriage of justice, but I think each case should be judged independently, since Amaral, apart from his book, is no longer attached to the investigation into the McCann case
“You should not honour men more than truth.”
― Plato

Redblossom

« Reply #984 on: November 18, 2013, 08:53:21 PM »
I have heard both accidental homicide and the fridge mentioned re the McCannns on this forum

Wrong on both counts.....vis a vis the facts, what you READ on any forum is neither here nor there

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #985 on: November 18, 2013, 08:56:00 PM »
Wrong on both counts.....vis a vis the facts, what you READ on any forum is neither here nor there

you  can deny it as much as you want..everyone knows its true

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #986 on: November 18, 2013, 08:57:43 PM »

So has everyone else, except for RedBlossom.  And Occulation of a Corpse.

Redblossom

« Reply #987 on: November 18, 2013, 09:05:31 PM »
you  can deny it as much as you want..everyone knows its true

you should try reading the files with a more discerning eye...the mccanns were never accused of homicide...... let alone accidental....that was related to a potential abductor......the only thing the investigative team came up with vis a vis the mccanns was an accident whilst they were absent........tavares sept 07 report iirc

Offline Benice

« Reply #988 on: November 18, 2013, 09:07:36 PM »
From the Internet.

With the help of Paulo Reis from 'Gazeta Digital', let us have a look at a few relevant facts about the Leonor Cipriano case, and Amaral's role in solving it. Here's his article from September 2007, reproduced in full:

The truth about Leonor Cipriano (mother of "another missing girl"…) "beaten" and "tortured" by Chief-Inspector Gonçalo Amaral

There’s a 'killer' on the road, and his name is "Amaral Lector". This is what most readers of British Media should think, after what was published by tabloids like Daily Express and Daily Mail, about Portuguese CID Chief-Inspector Gonçalo Amaral, the man in charge of the investigation of Madeleine disappearance.

That 'killer', Gonçalo Amaral, has tortured a poor mother of 'another missing girl', (a girl that vanished like Madeleine McCann, right?) as Daily Express wrote. Several emails and comments posted at my page reflected the conclusion their authors arrived, after being so accurately and precisely informed by British journalist about what happened to Joana, an eight years old girl, daughter of Leonor Cipriano, the poor mother tortured by 'Amaral Lector'.

What most British journalists forget to mention - never allow truth or reality to kill a good story, of course - was a couple of 'small' details that, if mentioned, would transform those good headlines into nothing. So, let’s take a look at some facts about that 'another missing girl':

1 – Joana Cipriano vanished from a small place 6 milers aeway from the outskirts of Portimão. Last time somebody saw her, she was on her way to a local groceries shop;

2 - Her mother, Leonor Cipriano, only reported to Police her daughter has disappeared two days after;

3 – After a long and difficult investigation, headed by Chief-Inspector Gonçalo Amaral, Leonor Cipriano and her brother were accused of murdering the eight years old child;

4 – The body of Joana Cipriano was never found, but samples of her blood were found in her mother refrigerator;

5 – Her mother justified those samples of blood admitting she had beaten Joana, for some reason, she was hurt and she blooded from her nose;

6 – Leonor Cipriano and her brother, who had a incestuous relationship, were sentenced to 16 years in jail, for the murder of her daughter and neice;

7 – Before the trial, Leonor Cipriano accused five CID officers of beating her, trying to extract a confession. She named the five CID officers, and included Chief-Inspector Gonçalo ('Amaral Lector', according to British tabloids);

8 – The Public Prosecutor’s Office opened a criminal investigation and ordered a police line-up, with the CID officers named and accused by Leonor Cipriano of beating her;

9 – The line-up took place with Leonor Cipriano behind a two-way mirror and she couldn’t recognize any of the aggressors;

10 – The Public Prosecutor’s Office magistrate that was in charge of the criminal investigation decided to accuse the five CID officers, but didn’t mentiond, in the accusation sent to the Court, that Leonor Cipriano couldn’t identify any of the aggressors, in the police line-up;

11 – Leonor Cipriano never confessed the murder of her own daughter. Her brother, in a letter written from jail, accused Leonor Cipriano of selling her daughter;

12 – Police is convinced (and the jurors at the trial found enough evidence to pass a verdict of guilty) that Leonor Cipriano and her brother were found, by Joana, having sexual relations, when she came home, back from the groceries shop. As Leonor Cipriano had a lover, at the time, they were afraid she would tell him what she saw;

13 – So, they beat her, in order to frighten her and keep her mouth shut up;

14 – Perhaps accidentally, they beat her so violently that they killed her. So, they decided to get rid of he body and cut it in pieces, keeping some of them in the freezer, while they gave the other pieces to be eaten by pigs (this is what police believes is the strongest possibility, because there was no other trace of Joana Cipriano, apart from the blood samples in her mother's freezer);

15 – The body of Joana Cipriano was never found.

And so, here we have a terrible story of a dysfunctional family, a child murdered and a very difficult police investigation. The only thing – in my humble opinion - that has some similarity with Madeleine McCann disappearance is the fact that the person in charge of Madeleine’s case is the same that successfully headed Joana Cipriano investigation: CID Chief-Inspector Gonçalo Amaral.

And success, in Joana’s case, is clear: the murderers were found, accused, went to court, they were sentenced, they appealed the sentence and the Portuguese Supreme Court reduced them to 16 years of jail to both of them – the mother, Leonor Cipriano and her brother, for the murder of her daughter and neice, eight year old Joana Cipriano.

If many 'consumers' of the British media have another idea, that’s because most British journalists covering Madeleine McCann abduction strongly believe that truth never should be allowed to 'kill' a good story. Even if it means destroying the reputation of an experienced CID Chief-Inspector.

"And what’s the problem?" – I imagine my British colleagues asking themselves this question, with a pint of Guinness in the hand, enjoying the sunshine at Praia da Luz. "The guy isn’t even British, he’s just a Portuguese..."

INQUOTE

Good grief - no wonder people think LC is guilty if they actually believe that litany of lies and disinformation.

The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.    Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.
                                               Henrique Monteiro, chief editor, Expresso, Portugal

Redblossom

« Reply #989 on: November 18, 2013, 09:08:35 PM »
So has everyone else, except for RedBlossom.  And Occulation of a Corpse.

Yes hiding a body but not as you asserted earlier of homicide and  hiding a body, something you said was fairly popular in Portugal but have failed to come up with the goods for your assertion......

No good prancing around stating untruths that you cant back up, now is it?