Author Topic: The Leonor Cipriano case reviewed... AGAIN!  (Read 251946 times)

Offline Mr Gray

Re: The Leonor Cipriano case reviewed... AGAIN!
« Reply #1095 on: November 21, 2013, 08:06:07 AM »
For the tenth time..  No.  Both Leonor and João sat silent throughout the murder trial on the advice of their lawyers.  The only time one of them was heard was when the judge allowed the video of the João confession recorded by the PJ to be played.

I am well aware that Leonor nor Joao gave evidence I was referring to your post re leonaras partner and joannas aunt. did they give live evidence in court or was  a transcript read out

Offline Benice

« Reply #1096 on: November 21, 2013, 08:41:22 AM »
I find it too contrived that Leandros sister would be interested in what shoes Joanna was wearing and would search the house to confirm this...its all manufactured evidence

Agreed.  I also find it strange that Leandro's sister would know how many pairs of shoes Joanna had in the first place - let alone be able to categorically state there were none missing from the house.     Surely you would have to live with a person to know that?   

And if Leandro's sister found the red shoes in the house on the same night that Joana disappeared - and LC actually commented on them at that time   -  then why would she later claim in posters that those were the shoes Joana was wearing at the time she disappeared?    That makes no sense whatsoever. imo.

The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.    Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.
                                               Henrique Monteiro, chief editor, Expresso, Portugal

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #1097 on: November 21, 2013, 09:19:04 AM »
after it was beaten out of her.... ?8)@)-)

What are you talking about?? She didn't give evidence to the court.
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline sadie

« Reply #1098 on: November 21, 2013, 09:23:15 AM »
Posts being wiped again.  Mine was up for all of 30 seconds.  It was a valid post, with no reason for it to be taken down.  I am finding this wiping of posts not only very unfair but also BULLYING

LEVEL playing field please Angelo!

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #1099 on: November 21, 2013, 09:25:29 AM »
Agreed.  I also find it strange that Leandro's sister would know how many pairs of shoes Joanna had in the first place - let alone be able to categorically state there were none missing from the house.     Surely you would have to live with a person to know that?   

And if Leandro's sister found the red shoes in the house on the same night that Joana disappeared - and LC actually commented on them at that time   -  then why would she later claim in posters that those were the shoes Joana was wearing at the time she disappeared?    That makes no sense whatsoever. imo.

Nobody said anyone found red shoes in the house on the night she disappeared.  What you have totally failed to understand is that Joana wasn't even considered as having been abducted for nearly 4 days.  Only after this period of time did the GNR call in the PJ detectives when they realised that all was not as it seemed. Only then did Leonor claim she had been abducted.

PS Stop posting off topic Sadie.
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Benita

« Reply #1100 on: November 21, 2013, 09:26:51 AM »
What are you talking about?? She didn't give evidence to the court.

well if you read johns post ...im talking about the video link admission that was beaten out of her .... 8-)(--)

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #1101 on: November 21, 2013, 09:27:02 AM »
oh look who's deleting the posts ...the thug angelo ...say no more  8-)(--)

I will leave this comment up for obvious reasons.

If you continue with this abuse and spamming I will block you both.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2013, 09:28:37 AM by Angelo222 »

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #1102 on: November 21, 2013, 09:30:10 AM »
well if you read johns post ...im talking about the video link admission that was beaten out of her .... 8-)(--)

Wrong yet again.  Only Joao had a video made of his confession.  Are you purposely attempting to muddy the waters in this case Benita?
« Last Edit: November 21, 2013, 09:45:27 AM by Angelo222 »

Je ne regrette rien!!

Benita

« Reply #1103 on: November 21, 2013, 09:51:35 AM »
Wrong yet again.  Only Joao had a video made of his confession.  Are you purposely attempting to muddy the waters in this case Benita?

no angelo im not ..the waters are already muddy and flawed in this case ...torture being a main factor ...

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #1104 on: November 21, 2013, 09:56:01 AM »
For the tenth time..  No.  Both Leonor and João sat silent throughout the murder trial on the advice of their lawyers.  The only time one of them was heard was when the judge allowed the video of the João confession recorded by the PJ to be played.

Joao is her brother.  He is not a she and Leonor was not heard.

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Carana

« Reply #1105 on: November 21, 2013, 11:29:19 AM »
A moderator has asked me to look at this post since it breaches one of our most important rules. 

Please acquaint yourself with the case Anna since what you posted is untruthful.  Both Leonor's partner and Joana's aunt were questioned at length about these issues  and gave evidence at the original trial.

I've looked through all the witness statements in the original SC document, and I can't find any mention of the shopping being found at home. It doesn't even seem to be mentioned in the prosecution points unless I've missed it.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #1106 on: November 21, 2013, 12:10:32 PM »

I can't imagine my sister knowing how many pairs of shoes my children had, and I certainly didn't know how many pairs her children had.

And as for the shopping, why was not more made of this?  This could have been proven by the shop keeper who doesn't even appear to have been asked what Joana bought that night.  Unless it didn't suit.
As it is, I always have at least two tins of Tuna, and always bought from the same shop with the same price labels.  This is what appears to have happened.  This Tuna was bought at some other time and was jumped on by The PJ.

Offline Carana

« Reply #1107 on: November 21, 2013, 12:20:04 PM »
Nobody said anyone found red shoes in the house on the night she disappeared.  What you have totally failed to understand is that Joana wasn't even considered as having been abducted for nearly 4 days.  Only after this period of time did the GNR call in the PJ detectives when they realised that all was not as it seemed. Only then did Leonor claim she had been abducted.

PS Stop posting off topic Sadie.

It doesn't seem that anyone assumed she'd been abducted in the beginning. There had been a village fête, she might have met up with people she knew or had an accident. How could Leonor have filed a report to the GNR for abduction the morning after? All she could do was to file a missing person report. As everyone keeps saying, there are relatively few abductions in Portugal. The GNR wouldn't have considered it to be an abduction until reasonable possibilities had been ruled out and the GNR doesn't even deal with such crimes.

According to an interview with Leandro two years later, the GNR officers were helpful, as was the original Portimão PJ team. Then the case got referred to the Faro PJ... Unfortunately, I haven't found a reasonable translation of it and googlespeak isn't very helpful, either.

http://www.algarvepress.net/conteudo.php?menu=-1&cat=Regional&scat=Reportagem&id=136

Offline Carana

« Reply #1108 on: November 21, 2013, 12:24:06 PM »
I can't imagine my sister knowing how many pairs of shoes my children had, and I certainly didn't know how many pairs her children had.

And as for the shopping, why was not more made of this?  This could have been proven by the shop keeper who doesn't even appear to have been asked what Joana bought that night.  Unless it didn't suit.
As it is, I always have at least two tins of Tuna, and always bought from the same shop with the same price labels.  This is what appears to have happened.  This Tuna was bought at some other time and was jumped on by The PJ.

I haven't found anything in the SC document that claims that her shopping was found at home that night. I can't even see it as a point in the prosecution case.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #1109 on: November 21, 2013, 12:33:49 PM »
I haven't found anything in the SC document that claims that her shopping was found at home that night. I can't even see it as a point in the prosecution case.

I suppose it could be a Media Myth.  We know all about those.