Author Topic: Skeleton found in suitcase is child ‘murdered eight years ago’  (Read 31319 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Anna

Re: Skeleton found in suitcase is child ‘murdered eight years ago’
« Reply #60 on: November 11, 2015, 04:01:08 PM »
Karly knew this family and she possibly lived with them on a caravan site

Where can we find the news of this crash and what other passengers were in the car?
Found it………Rolled his 4x4 Toyota on Stuart highway about 30 miles north of marla south Australia 15 september 2008

2 children killed and one younger injured… all flown to hospital.

Holdom got engaged to a 16 year old after Karlie;s death.

According to the Weekend Australian, Daniel Holdom, 41, was set to marry Toni Blundell, 16, who resides in the Canberra suburb of Charnwood.
Engaged 2012 july
“You should not honour men more than truth.”
― Plato

Offline Anna

Re: Skeleton found in suitcase is child ‘murdered eight years ago’
« Reply #61 on: November 11, 2015, 04:29:00 PM »
Karlie Pearce-Stevenson murder: Homicide detectives question wheelchair-bound Adelaide woman Hazel Passmore
October 30, 2015 9:36pm
Sean Fewster, Andrew Hough, Ashlee MullanyThe Advertiser

Hazel Passmore, 33, and her son are pushed to the Adelaide police station by her partner. Picture: Sean Fewster
HAZEL PASSMORE: Social media dismantled as pressure increased
ARREST: Man accused of murdering Karlie Pearce-Stevenson faces court
SNOWTOWN COP: ‘It does take this to another level of criminality’
ID THEFT: How Centrelink was fooled by Karlie’s impersonator
SHOCK REVELATION: Killers stole Karlie’s identity
The wheelchair-bound former partner of the man accused of killing Karlie Pearce-Stevenson has been released without charge after spending hours with Major Crime detectives inside Adelaide’s main police station.
Hazel Passmore, 33, of Davoren Park, arrived at the Wakefield St station at 1pm with defence lawyer Bill Boucaut SC.
At about 5pm she was driven home from the police station in the company of detectives.
It is understood detectives are investigating whether Ms Passmore was the woman in a wheelchair who allegedly impersonated Ms Pearce-Stevenson following her death in December 2008.
Major Crime detectives questioned Ms Passmore last week over allegations more than $90,000 was stolen from Ms Pearce-Stevenson’s bank account.
Just before 1pm, Ms Passmore — the former partner of alleged murderer Daniel Holdom — was wheeled across Wakefield St toward the station.
Other Stories
Wheelchair woman released without charge

Suspect found with Karlie’s bank card

Her current partner, who did not give his name, told the media to “f--- off” as she was asked whether she was making a formal statement. Ms Passmore did not respond to any questions.
The couple, who had a young child with them, were met inside the station by Major Crime detectives. Inside the station, Ms Passmore and her partner waited in the lobby while Mr Boucaut spoke with detectives, before they all moving into an interview room.
Ms Passmore’s partner and their child left the station about 4pm through a side exit.
An hour later, Ms Passmore was driven away by detectives. A police spokeswoman confirmed she had been released.
Ms Passmore was crippled in Outback South Australia in September, 2008, in a vehicle rollover which killed two of her children.
The man who was behind the wheel of the Toyota 4WD was Daniel Holdom, who was charged on Wednesday night with the murder of Karlie Pearce-Stevenson.
Holdom’s 4WD rolled on the Stuart Highway about 55km north of Marla about 10pm on Wednesday, September 15, 2008.
Two of Ms Passmore’s children, Willow, 9, and Ryan, 7, were killed. Her third child, Lauren, survived.
Holdom, Ms Passmore and Lauryn were flown to Alice Springs for hospital treatment after the crash.
The crash happened just three months before Holdom — who has also gone by the names Daniel Bishop and Daniel Marshall — allegedly murdered Ms Pearce-Stevenson in the Belanglo State Forest in NSW.
Ms Passmore now lives at Davoren Park in Adelaide’s northern suburbs with a new partner, her surviving daughter and another son.

Hazel Passmore, the former girlfriend of Daniel Holdom, leaving her home in Davoren Park this morning. Picture: Simon Cross
She was questioned last week by detectives investigating the murders of Karlie and her two-year-old daughter Khandalyce, whose body was found in a suitcase beside a highway near Wynarka in SA.
Major Crime detectives are focusing on how Ms Pearce-Stevenson’s bank account was repeatedly raided in the years after her death as fraudsters who impersonated her to welfare authorities and in phone calls to her family stole over $90,000.
It is understood Ms Passmore has been questioned over identity theft and the use of Ms Pearce-Stevenson’s phone and bank card in the years following the murder.
They said a woman in a wheelchair had visited a credit union in Adelaide’s northern suburbs and posed as Ms Pearce-Stevenson to update her records in June 2010.
A woman in a wheelchair also had gone to Centrelink at Salisbury claiming to be Ms Pearce-Stevenson in December 2010.
The accused killer of Karlie Pearce-Stevenson, Daniel Holdom.
Holdom, 41, a former acquaintance of Ms Pearce-Stevenson, faced a NSW court charged with her murder on Thursday morning.
It is understood a police trace has allegedly placed Holdom’s mobile phone in Belanglo at the time Ms Pearce-Stevenson was allegedly killed.
Holdom was taken into custody by homicide detectives at 3.45pm (SA time) on Wednesday.
He was charged with one count of murder several hours later relating to the death of Ms Pearce-Stevenson — but has not been charged over the murder of Khandalyce.
Holdom was refused bail and appeared by video link in the Maitland Local Court, in the Hunter Valley, on Thursday morning.
He will appear again in the Central Local Court in Sydney on November 12.
A court sketch of Daniel Holdom. Illustration: Bernd Heinrich
Police are investigating whether Holdom played any role in Khandalyce’s death, but it is understood he is not co-operating and has refused to be interviewed.
He had formerly lived at a caravan park on the NSW Central Coast, according to his charge sheet.
In a short press conference in Sydney on Thursday morning, NSW Homicide Squad boss Det Supt Mick Willing said Khandalyce was kept alive for some time after her murder.
“We will allege Karlie was murdered between the 14th and the 15th of December, 2008,” he said.
“We believe that Khandalyce was murdered at some point after Karlie and we are trying to establish when.”Karlie Jade Pearce-Stevenson’s remains were found in NS’s Belanglo State Forest in 2010.The remains of Khandalyce Pearce’s remains were found in a suitcase on the side of the Karoonda Highway, near Wynarka in SA.
2006: Khandalyce Kiara Pearce born in Alice Springs to single mother Karlie Jade Pearce-Stevenson.
2008: Ms Pearce-Stevenson leaves family in Alice Springs and starts travelling around Australia with her young daughter.
Nov. 2008: The last photos of Ms Pearce-Stevenson and Khandalyce were taken at Marion Shopping Centre, Khandalyce wearing a pink dress. Last known sighting was driving on the Stuart Highway near Coober Pedy.
Sept. 2009: Following less and less contact, her mother files a missing persons report with NT police. The report is closed a week later. It was believed Ms Pearce-Stevenson was safe, but did not want contact.
Aug. 2010: The remains of a young woman were found by a group of trail bike riders in Belanglo State Forest in NSW. The woman’s time of death is determined to have been anywhere from six months to 10 years prior. A distinctive T-shirt with Angelic motif found with the remains prompts the victim to be known as ‘Angel’.
Dec. 2011: Her remains are still unidentified and a computer-generated image of the face is released.
July 2015: The skeletal remains of a child are found dumped in a Lanza suitcase alongside the Karoonda Highway, near Wynarka, on July 14. Several items of clothing and a distinctive handmade quilt are found. Detectives determine the child met a violent death aged 2 ½ to 4 and was killed up to seven years earlier at another location. DNA testing fails to yield her identity.
Aug-Sept. 2015: Police doorknock hundreds of properties in the Murray Mallee and receive more than 1000 Crime Stoppers calls. Clothing and quilt a key focus. Data-matching software identifies 6300 possible victims.
Daniel Holdom at a primary school sports day in Alice Springs. Picture: Facebook
Oct. 8, 2015: One caller nominates Khandalyce as possibly being the little girl in the suitcase. Investigators then find a witness who had seen Khandalyce and her mother at Marion Shopping Centre in November 2008. She had photographed Khandalyce in a pink dress that was identical to that found in the suitcase. Police provided with photos of Khandalyce in a stroller with the handmade quilt that was also found in the suitcase.
Oct. 2015: A blood sample from Khandalyce’s medical records matches the DNA profile taken from the remains in the suitcase. Blood samples from Ms Pearce-Stevenson’s medical records is used for a DNA profile. Police confirm they match Belanglo remains.
October 27: SA Police reveal Karlie’s identity was stolen after her death and used to steal more than $90,000 — welfare benefits, wages and money from her family — from Ms Pearce-Stevenson’s account. The fraudsters impersonated Ms Pearce-Stevenson to authorities and her family members in brief phone calls.
October 28: A 41-year-old man is taken into police custody at Cessnock, NSW, for allegedly murdering Ms Pearce-Stevenson. He was charged with the murder late on Wednesday night.
October 29: Daniel Holdom appears in court charged with Karlie’s murder and is denied bail. It is revealed he was in a fatal car crash in SA’s Far North three months before Karlie’s murder that killed his girlfriend’s two children and left her in a wheelchair.

“You should not honour men more than truth.”
― Plato

Offline misty

Re: Skeleton found in suitcase is child ‘murdered eight years ago’
« Reply #62 on: November 20, 2015, 12:33:37 AM »

The body of two-year-old Khandalyce Pearce whose skeletal remains were dumped beside a tattered suitcase alongside a South Australian highway will soon be buried in Alice Springs.

Khandalyce's white coffin with silver handles sat on a table covered with a pink organza material and flower petals scattered around it inside an Adelaide funeral home before it heads to Alice Springs in the Northern Territory, the ABC reported.

A colourful floral wreath, paid for by detectives who worked on her case, tied together with a pink ribbon lay on top of the casket and framed photographs of the girl were leant up against it as candles burned on either side along with bouquets of white flowers surrounding the shrine.

The toddler's body will soon be reunited with her mother's Karlie Pearce-Stevenson whose body was found five years before her daughter's in the Belangalo State Forest, south of Sydney.

South Australian Commissioner for Victims' Rights Michael O'Connell spoke on Wednesday on behalf of Khandalyce's family who shared their grief at losing not just one but two of their loved ones.

'In this time of sorrow, Karlie's and Khandalyce's parents and grandparents want to express their and their family's gratitude for the compassion shown by those who have travelled the emotional rollercoaster,' Mr O'Connell said, according to the ABC.

'Karlie and Khandalyce were loved. They were missed. Their family lived with the hope they would one day return.'

The family also expressed their thanks to the police and forensic experts who helped identify the body of the little girl and now they wanted 'the person or persons responsible for these most heinous crimes called to account'.

Khandalyce and Karlie's memorial services, headstones and other funeral-related costs will be partly paid for by the kind donations made by strangers who heard or read about the mother and daughter's sad story.

An OzCrowd campaign raised almost $4,000 for the pair's family.

'The family of Karlie and Khandalyce would like to thank you from the bottom of our hearts for all your generous donations and for sharing our campaign so publicly,' the fundraising organiser wrote.

'We should now have enough to bring our angels home and give the funeral and goodbyes they deserve.

'All funds will be used to lay these angels to rest, provide them with a beautiful service and to cover the costs of the memorials, headstones and other funeral related costs.'

The two-year-old's body was found alongside the Karoonda Highway near Wynarka in South Australia's Murray-Mallee in July and police launched an Australia-wide appeal to identify her.

Months later, investigators connected her to Alice Springs mother Karlie Pearce-Stevenson, who was allegedly 'stomped' to death in the forest where her body was found.

Daniel James Holdom, 41, has since been charged with the murder of Karlie and it has emerged a birth certificate of Khandalyce was allegedly found in a home linked to her mother's accused killer, The Sydney Morning Herald reported.

To date, no charges have been laid in relation to the toddler's 'violent death'.

According to reports, police received a tip off that Holdom allegedly took two suitcases to his sister's house that contained Ms Pearce-Stevenson's possessions.

Police will allege they found the identifying document during a search of the property last month - on the very same day detectives announced that they had identified the link between two young victims, the Herald claimed.

Detectives will also allege Holdom - who used several other aliases - had been in a romantic relationship with Ms Pearce-Stevenson before she 'met a violent end', claiming he was pulled over in January 2013 with an expired key card in the name of 'K Pearce-Stevenson' in his wallet.

A person close to Ms Pearce-Stevenson’s family told police the 20-year-old had a drug debt to the tune of $25,000 and had planned to do a drug run between South Australia and the Northern Territory when she left Alice Springs with her daughter in 2008, The Advertiser reported.

A missing person report on Ms Pearce-Stevenson and her daughter was filed in September 2009 - almost a year after she was spotted driving a red Commodore wagon on the Stuart Highway in Coober Pedy - however it was closed only days later after police believe they made contact with the young mother, who had decided not to speak with her family.

Police said Ms Pearce-Stevenson was murdered between December 14 and 15, 2008. They believe her daughter suffered the same fate a month later.

Ms Pearce-Stevenson's body was found in the notorious forest two years later, but detectives were unable to formally identify her and dubbed the woman 'Angel', which she was known as up until October 21.

The investigation into her gruesome death was given new life after police received a tip off relating to her daughter Khandalyce - who became known as the 'suitcase baby' - leading to detectives from South Australia and New South Wales working collaboratively to link the two cases.

Since identifying the two murder victims, police discovered that almost $100,000 was spent or withdrawn from the 20-year-old's bank account between November 2008, when she was last seen, and March 2012.

Police said her bank card was used at a McDonald's, KFC, petrol stations and a handbag store - in cities across Adelaide, Canberra, Alice Springs, Coober Pedy and Port Augusta - while Centrelink payments and an unidentified person's wages had been deposited into the account.

It is believed the suitcase Khandalyce's skeletal remains were found next to had been paid for using funds from Ms Pearce-Stevenson's account.

Detectives revealed that a woman in a wheelchair had been pictured impersonating Ms Pearce-Stevenson at the Australian Central Credit Union in Elizabeth in June 2010 and successfully managed to update her banking records.

In December 2010, a woman claiming to be Ms Pearce-Stevenson also attended a compulsory interview with Centrelink.

During the years Ms Pearce-Stevenson was unaccounted for, an unidentified female also duped her family into believing she was alive - speaking to them on the phone and via text to convince them to transfer money into her account. 

Police believe Holdom was romantically involved with the woman who allegedly assumed Ms Pearce-Stevenson's identity in a bid to defraud her accounts.

His ex-girlfriend Hazel Passmore, 33, was interviewed by police in October during their inquiries into the tragic murders.

She was left paralysed - bound to a wheelchair - following an car accident with Holdom at the wheel that killed two of her children - Willow, 9, and Ryan, 6.

According to reports, Holdom and Ms Pearce-Stevenson started connecting romantically when Ms Passmore had been hospitalised after the accident.

Chilling photos of two-year-old Khandalyce were also discovered on Ms Passmore's Facebook account, which police believe were taken only months before her brutal murder.

The blonde toddler was pictured standing in front of a white vehicle at a car show in the Northern Territory, which were believed to have been taken at some stage in 2008. 


Finally mother & daughter will be reunited to RIP. They drew one of life's short straws.
There are no words to describe just how calculating & evil those involved in this double murder & long-term deception are. The accused's picture is chilling & eerily familiar.
 It almost defies belief that he had accomplices & they all escaped justice for so long,

Offline Admin

Re: Skeleton found in suitcase is child ‘murdered eight years ago’
« Reply #63 on: December 08, 2015, 02:50:32 AM »
The man charged with the murder of Karlie Pearce-Stevenson is being sued by his ex-girlfriend, Adelaide woman Hazel Passmore, over an accident that killed two of her children and left her wheelchair-bound, a court has heard.

Hazel Passmore seeks compensation from Daniel Marshall over accident that killed her children, left her wheelchair-bound.

Ms Passmore, 33, had her left leg amputated above the knee and suffered severe damage to her right leg and vital organs after the accident in 2008.

The car was being driven by her then partner Daniel Marshall, also known as Daniel Holdom, when it rolled near Indulkana in South Australia's far north.

He was charged with murdering Ms Pearce-Stevenson in October and remains in custody in New South Wales.


Offline Admin

Re: Skeleton found in suitcase is child ‘murdered eight years ago’
« Reply #64 on: December 08, 2015, 02:59:06 AM »
Adelaide resident Hazel Passmore questioned over identity theft.

Major Crime detectives are focusing on how Ms Pearce-Stevenson’s bank account was repeatedly raided in the years after her death as fraudsters who impersonated her to welfare authorities and in phone calls to her family stole over $90,000.

It is understood Ms Passmore has been questioned over identity theft and the use of Ms Pearce-Stevenson’s phone and bank card in the years following the murder.

They said a woman in a wheelchair had visited a credit union in Adelaide’s northern suburbs and posed as Ms Pearce-Stevenson to update her records in June 2010.

A woman in a wheelchair also had gone to Centrelink at Salisbury claiming to be Ms Pearce-Stevenson in December 2010.

Suspect Hazel Passmore (33) being driven away from her home at Davoren Park, Adelaide.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2015, 03:05:58 AM by Admin »