Author Topic: Should we have faith in SY given the wrongful conviction of Barry George?  (Read 32724 times)

stephen25000

Those who believe the abduction scenario have everything invested in Andy Redwood's recent words.

I asked a question the other day which never received an answer.

If Redwood comes back to us and says that all the 38 persons of interest have been checked out and cleared and if he says there is no evidence that the Yard can find to support abduction or an abductor, then will the McCann supporters be happy for Redwood to go back and look at the group?

Good question Albertini.

Something tells me implicitly the answer will be no.

Offline Benice

Your debate consists of 'there is no evidence of abduction'.    So if as you say there is no evidence of abduction,  tell me why this it the route that SY is taking?

Also please could you give me your theory if you believe Madeleine was not abducted.

Don't hold your breath Lace, Stephen has been asked numerous times for his opinion on what he thinks happened, but always side-steps the request.   

« Last Edit: February 15, 2015, 07:32:21 PM by John »
The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.    Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.
                                               Henrique Monteiro, chief editor, Expresso, Portugal

stephen25000

Don't hold your breath Lace, Stephen has been asked numerous times for his opinion on what he thinks happened, but always side-steps the request.   

Is that the best you can do.

As to the 'insulting', don't preach on that. It's called hypocrisy.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2015, 07:32:44 PM by John »

ferryman

Those who believe the abduction scenario have everything invested in Andy Redwood's recent words.

If Redwood comes back to us and says that all the 38 persons of interest have been checked out and cleared and if he says there is no evidence that the Yard can find to support abduction or an abductor, then will the McCann supporters be happy for Redwood to go back and look at the group?

The McCanns and their friends have been checked and cleared.

There's your answer ...

Offline Albertini

There's your answer ...

Terrific, can you show me clear evidence that they have been checked?

I know what Redwood said, that they are not suspects, but i did not see him state categorically they have been checked out and that their statements have been put through HOLMES II.

Offline Lace

Why would he do that?    He has looked at the group,  he has said the McCann's and their friends are not suspects.

You say if Redwood checked out and clears all 38 persons.    He has checked out and cleared the McCann's and their friends.

stephen25000

There's your answer ...

No we don't know they've been checked.

As to the 'competence' of SY, that was adequately displayed in the Jill Dando case.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2015, 07:34:42 PM by John »

Offline Benice

Is that the best you can do.

As to the 'insulting', don't preach on that. It's called hypocrisy.

Nothing hypocritical in pointing out the truth Stephen.

Of course you could always prove me wrong and answer Lace's polite request to give her your theory on what YOU think happened if you don't believe Madeleine was abducted?   

The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.    Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.

Offline Lace

No we don't know they've been checked.

As to the 'competence' of SY, that was adequately displayed in the Jill Dando case.

Then how do you imagine that SY have come to the conclusion that the McCann's and their friends are not suspects?

Of course they have been checked.

« Last Edit: February 15, 2015, 07:35:07 PM by John »

stephen25000

Nothing hypocritical in pointing out the truth Stephen.

Of course you could always prove me wrong and answer Lace's polite request to give her your theory on what YOU think happened if you don't believe Madeleine was abducted?

I already have stated my belief that she had an accident in the apartment.

As to what happened next I don't  know for sure, but there are 'possibilities'.

Offline Albertini

Why would he do that?    He has looked at the group,  he has said the McCann's and their friends are not suspects.

You say if Redwood checked out and clears all 38 persons.    He has checked out and cleared the McCann's and their friends.

We know he has said the group are not suspects but we do not know for certain that the Yard have checked out their statements either partially or fully.

I am comfortable with letting the Yard get on with their work.

I also know that the focus of investigations change through the investigative course. I am putting forward a suggestion that at this moment in time the group are not suspects or persons of interest BUT that may change once these 38 leads and "persons have interest" have been identified and eliminated from the enquiry.

What concerns me about Redwood's statement is this. Let us say Madeleine was abducted and someone is holding the poor child now.

For Redwood to say there are "38 persons of interest" instantly puts Madeleine's life in jeopardy. Because if an abductor has her then he will not know if he is on this list and whether he's going to get a knock on the door from the boys in blue.

As such it is a very real fear that any abductor hearing Redwood's words would instantly dispose of the poor child, and for want of a better expression regarding a child "get rid of the evidence".

I cannot accept that the Yard would take that risk which leads me to suspect Cider Andy isn't giving us the whole picture.

AnneGuedes

Once eliminated the 38, Mr Redwood will likely be sorry they tried it hard but couldn't identify for sure the perpetrators nor determine exactly what happened to Madeleine. They  of course will keep in touch with the Portuguese in case anything comes up et patati et patata.
Operation Grange will have come to an end stating the abduction issue stays unresolved and nothing more.
(I'm afraid) no other operation will supersede OG.

Offline Benice

The very first thing Andy Redwood and his team would want to do is check over all the information they have on the McCanns and their friends in order to eliminate them or not - as the case may be.

It would be vital to establish that first -  in order to know which direction to go in.

It's quite obvious that as a result of those enquiries they have been eliminated - therefore there would be no point in revisiting old ground - only to come up with the same results.

(must go out now)

Offline Albertini

Then how do you imagine that SY have come to the conclusion that the McCann's and their friends are not suspects?

Of course they have been checked.

Perhaps because the Yard are looking at the abduction scenarios first with a view to ruling them out before moving backwards??

I described it the other days as an "outwards then inwards" investigation rather than the opposite which the PJ undertook.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2013, 10:30:34 AM by Albertini »

Offline Mr Moderator

My fear is that too much time has elapsed for any significant clues to be unearthed at this stage.  If she is still alive the only hope really is that at some stage she comes across a media article or reads something on the internet and realises who she is.

If she is dead I can't see the secret of that death or the location of her final resting place ever being discovered.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2013, 10:51:55 AM by Mr Moderator »