Author Topic: Why did Mark lie claiming his father was living with friends in London?  (Read 27538 times)

Offline Daisy

Re: Why did Mark lie claiming his father was living with friends in London?
« Reply #45 on: October 19, 2017, 08:38:53 PM »
My apologies Daisy. I just assumed Sammy used the phone to talk to contractors etc. So we can establish he never used a  mobile phone to make or receive calls. and all business was conducted face to face.

Remarkable that the lawyers can't access this material as CPS must by law provide the evidence they have to defence team for argument...

ofcourse any receipts etc can be released to the next of kin who would be?

I think he conducted most business face to face as he lived in a small village.  He may have used the landline or mobile on occasion I really don’t know. 

It is not unusual for the CPS to refuse to hand anything over or for the police to do the same. They are a law unto themselves and know the only way to be forced to hand documents over is to be sued which the average person cannot do. Jeremy Bamber has been fighting for over 30 years for access to documents. There is no hope for most of us if we find ourselves in prison unless we have unlimited money.  John will verify this.

Offline John

« Reply #46 on: October 20, 2017, 07:20:20 PM »
What phone calls? I haven’t mentioned any. However Mark has requested the itemised phone bill from the CPS but they refused to disclose it. By refusing they are making it very difficult for Mark to prove his innocence. Why would anyone behave in this way?

Sami's next of kin or executor can request a copy of these bills.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Daisy

« Reply #47 on: October 21, 2017, 08:23:03 AM »
Sami's next of kin or executor can request a copy of these bills.

They have requested and it has been refused. The only option is to obtain a court order, highly expensive and at the end there is no guarantee they will comply.

Offline John

« Reply #48 on: October 22, 2017, 10:58:25 PM »
They have requested and it has been refused. The only option is to obtain a court order, highly expensive and at the end there is no guarantee they will comply.

A utility has no reason to refuse so this just doesn't make sense.  Do you have proof Daisy or is this merely a diversionary tactic by Mark because he knows that to produce these bills would scupper his version of events?
« Last Edit: October 22, 2017, 11:02:17 PM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.

Offline Daisy

« Reply #49 on: October 26, 2017, 07:17:30 AM »
A utility has no reason to refuse so this just doesn't make sense.  Do you have proof Daisy or is this merely a diversionary tactic by Mark because he knows that to produce these bills would scupper his version of events?

Mark has sent me copies of the electricity bill and water bill but as you know they give usage for a period of time not daily. The CPS won’t hand over the BT bill but this won’t be helpful as Mark previously explained he took most of the equipment from the home on 5th September to set up his new flat. I don’t know if the landline was cut off at that point.

Offline John

« Reply #50 on: October 26, 2017, 03:26:05 PM »
Mark has sent me copies of the electricity bill and water bill but as you know they give usage for a period of time not daily. The CPS won’t hand over the BT bill but this won’t be helpful as Mark previously explained he took most of the equipment from the home on 5th September to set up his new flat. I don’t know if the landline was cut off at that point.

The BT bill is the key to this case, there is no reason why it shouldn't be obtainable.  It is somewhat coincidental too that Mark just happens to remove telecom equipment the moment Sami disappears.

Offline John

« Reply #51 on: October 26, 2017, 03:28:35 PM »

I hate to keep repeating myself but Mark last saw his dad in October and the neighbours saw the car leaving the property after October. As the curtains were closed all the time then no one would have paid much attention as Sami often went away for long periods. 

As for the bank account, again I have to repeat that this the only one Mark had access to. The care allowance was paid into it and Mark also paid several thousand of his own money into it as his father couldn't afford to pay the mortgage.

This isn't proof that Sami was alive in October.  He failed to keep medical appointments and was uncontactable after mid August.

Offline Daisy

« Reply #52 on: October 27, 2017, 08:24:10 AM »
This isn't proof that Sami was alive in October.  He failed to keep medical appointments and was uncontactable after mid August.

We know that Sami was definitely alive on 4th September as a tree surgeon visited the home on that day. On 5th September he and Mark visited builders merchants. I agree that there is no conclusive evidence after that. I cannot understand why the CPS won’t release the BT Bill and I am going to press Mark further on this. We know the internet was disconnected as Mark took away the hub but Sami could still have made calls from the landline. Finding a number he phoned after 5th September would be helpful to Mark’s defence.

Offline John

« Reply #53 on: October 29, 2017, 12:40:16 AM »
We know that Sami was definitely alive on 4th September as a tree surgeon visited the home on that day. On 5th September he and Mark visited builders merchants. I agree that there is no conclusive evidence after that. I cannot understand why the CPS won’t release the BT Bill and I am going to press Mark further on this. We know the internet was disconnected as Mark took away the hub but Sami could still have made calls from the landline. Finding a number he phoned after 5th September would be helpful to Mark’s defence.

Thank you for clarifying those encounters Daisy, do you happen to have the statements of the landscape gardener, the tree surgeon and the manager of the building supplies?
« Last Edit: October 29, 2017, 12:43:55 AM by John »

Offline Daisy

« Reply #54 on: October 29, 2017, 08:01:32 AM »
Thank you for clarifying those encounters Daisy, do you happen to have the statements of the landscape gardener, the tree surgeon and the manager of the building supplies?

No I haven’t but I can certainly ask for these. However the prosecution have no doubt that Sami was alive on these days. We really need statements from anyone who saw or had contact with Sami after 5th September.

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #55 on: November 04, 2017, 01:41:26 PM »

Mark's legal team can demand these if they are deemed to be evidence of Sami being alive if someone is accused of murdering him.  No cost to Mark as he  would get legal aid to defend him as a miscarriage of justice. also, you mentioned that Mark paid in 'thousands' to Samis account, as a student where would Mark get this money from and do we have  a copy of Sami bank statements how much he had in his account at the time of his suspected death? and do we know how much was in Mark's bank at the time leading up to his father being deemed missing?

The BT bill is the key to this case, there is no reason why it shouldn't be obtainable.  It is somewhat coincidental too that Mark just happens to remove telecom equipment the moment Sami disappears.
Indeed! So, what Mark is saying is: He has no record of any phone calls he made to his father on his phone because he never communicated with his father over the phone under any circumstances? and his Father never used his phone, which he paid for, and the internet,emails? nothing. *%87

In my opinion I would suggest Sami had many identities, passports, names, and places of cash stashed. as he comes across as a dodgy character. is Mark the only person who knew about his fathers 'strange' life?

If someone saw Samis car being driven away who did they did they say drove it and when was it returned?
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline John

« Reply #56 on: November 10, 2017, 01:11:08 PM »
So, what Mark is saying is: He has no record of any phone calls he made to his father on his phone because he never communicated with his father over the phone under any circumstances? and his Father never used his phone, which he paid for, and the internet,emails? nothing. *%87

Not only is it suspicious but extremely incriminating too.  The absence of any telephone records after a certain date can only really point in one direction imo.

Offline Daisy

« Reply #57 on: November 10, 2017, 01:40:45 PM »
Not only is it suspicious but extremely incriminating too.  The absence of any telephone records after a certain date can only really point in one direction imo.

Where has all this rubbish come from Mistaken Identity?  Mark has never said he didn’t phone his father and John haven’t you read my replies? Mark has requested the itemised phone bill but the CPS have refused. What do you want him to do - go round to their offices and hold a gun to their heads? He is trying to prove his innocence but every obstacle is being put in his way.  When the BT bill is available I will let you know.

Offline John

« Reply #58 on: November 10, 2017, 04:13:08 PM »
Where has all this rubbish come from Mistaken Identity?  Mark has never said he didn’t phone his father and John haven’t you read my replies? Mark has requested the itemised phone bill but the CPS have refused. What do you want him to do - go round to their offices and hold a gun to their heads? He is trying to prove his innocence but every obstacle is being put in his way.  When the BT bill is available I will let you know.

Who is Sami's executor(s) Daisy?

Offline Daisy

« Reply #59 on: November 10, 2017, 07:23:04 PM »
Who is Sami's executor(s) Daisy?

I don’t know but I will find out for you.