Where would they put a Body Farm in Britain? The smell would be awful.
(http://www.eonline.com/eol_images/Entire_Site/20080401/285.petersen.csi.040108.jpg)
Having learned much of what I know about forensic techniques from the same source most other 'experts' consult ... I think there is a huge advantage to be gained from studying how bodies decompose in particular circumstances and which insects are the agents of the clear up and when particular species are attracted to remains.
FORENSIC ENTOMOLOGY OR THE USE OF INSECTS IN DEATH INVESTIGATIONS
http://www.sfu.museum/forensics/eng/pg_media-media_pg/entomologie-entomology/
None of which is necessary for a dog to know. The dogs' locus being in establishing where the body is leading to its recovery. It uses it's nose for that and if pig smells like human and vice versa I wonder why we need a body farm.
Forensic scientists are already conversant with these techniques for establishing time of death etc as anyone who has had a cursory glance at a heaving mass of maggots in a laboratory tank can work out, whether school, college or university.
Is there anything extra to be gained from a body farm? I really don't know as no-one seems to be making a case for or against.
(http://www.eonline.com/eol_images/Entire_Site/20080401/285.petersen.csi.040108.jpg)
Having learned much of what I know about forensic techniques from the same source most other 'experts' consult ... I think there is a huge advantage to be gained from studying how bodies decompose in particular circumstances and which insects are the agents of the clear up and when particular species are attracted to remains.
FORENSIC ENTOMOLOGY OR THE USE OF INSECTS IN DEATH INVESTIGATIONS
http://www.sfu.museum/forensics/eng/pg_media-media_pg/entomologie-entomology/
None of which is necessary for a dog to know. The dogs' locus being in establishing where the body is leading to its recovery. It uses it's nose for that and if pig smells like human and vice versa I wonder why we need a body farm.
Forensic scientists are already conversant with these techniques for establishing time of death etc as anyone who has had a cursory glance at a heaving mass of maggots in a laboratory tank can work out, whether school, college or university.
Is there anything extra to be gained from a body farm? I really don't know as no-one seems to be making a case for or against.
All dogs can find a body if there is one. Even my half arsed, blind Pug, which is why most dead bodies are found by passing dog walkers.
As for the rest, an American Cadaver Dog Handler in the Casey Anthony Trial said in Court that a Cadaver Dog will alert to the next best decomposing body fluid if there is no Cadaver or Cadaver Scent.
Presumably her dog was trained at The Body Farm.
So no real point to a Body Farm in UK as other aspects of time span and maggots, etcetera, can be done under other circumstances.