From The Poster On The Other Forum:Judges summing up -
"The cartridge cases all came from seven 12-bore vantage cartridges with a loading of seven and a half size shot lead shot. Then importantly he examined the firing marks on all of those cartridges microscopically and was satisfied that all seven were fired using the same firearm which he said was almost certainly a pump-action or self-loading 12-bore shotgun."
Darren Nicholls -
"I pulled out in front on a car, Mick asked if I was ok, I said yes I was and as we drove up the road towards turnpike, Mick said they wont f..k us about no more, and Jack said yeah it was quite funny cause when Mick had shot one of them the gun fell apart, he kept asking me if I was ok several times. I realised what happened but not to who, so I said I hope I don’t fall out with you two, Mick said no you wont fall out with us."
8 shots were fired but only 7 cartriges found, all 7 cartriges from the same type of gun. Where was the 8th cartridge? If Micks gun broke apart after he shot one of them, he wont be able to reload it nor would he bother trying. The 8th cartridge remained in Micks weapon that he took from the scene.
Once again it can be deduced that Darren Nicholls knows things only the killers would know.
As for Adams question about the gun in the loft being the same type used in the killing. The answer is almost certainly no. If it broke then I cant see him keeping it.
Considering there was three gunshot wounds to Tuckers head and two to Rolfes head. There is an element of overkill. Its most likely that Whomes used a pump action with a 6 round capacity tube plus one round already chambered and just kept shooting until he was out. Much like in this film scene.
https://streamable.com/s5oywI guess Micks gun falling apart would have spoiled the film somewhat
My ResponseThe poster has recently stated:
"Unlike rifles and pistols, Shot guns cannot be forensically linked to the bullets they fire since they are smooth bore".
Not all shotguns are smooth bore. In any event there are other ways to link spent cartridges with firearms eg firing pin impressions as happened in this case hence the expert was able to say all 7 spent cartridges came from the same firearm having examined them microscopically, The fact the 8th spent cartridge was not found is not evidence of 2 shooters with 2 separate firearms. The expert said in all probability the shotgun used a large capacity magazine although he could not rule out a lesser capacity magazine.
The 8th spent cartridge may have ended up anywhere inside or outside the vehicle. Men are not known for their thoroughness in looking for small items
There's zero evidence Steele or Whomes possessed the necessary skills to fire off those shots in very quick succession through narrow spaces ie headrests and car seats in poor lighting. All the evidence points to someone highly trained eg serving or former military or police personnel.
What evidence did Nicholls provide that he could only have obtained from the perps? The fact he said a gun broke upon firing does not make it a fact nor does it implicate Steele/Whomes or anyone else.