Author Topic: Wandering Off Topic  (Read 3022768 times)

0 Members and 130 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline Robittybob1

Re: Wandering Off Topic
« Reply #9165 on: December 24, 2020, 06:34:32 PM »
It is Christmas Morning for you.  Isn't that lovely.  Me too a bit later.  All around The World.
I got up and my cat wasn't beside me.  I called for her outside, and she came back in and now is asleep on the cushion I rest my arm on. The thought of losing her is my biggest fear.  How will I cope?

We talk to each other, she has a sort of sign language, and I use the same language to talk back to her.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Online Eleanor

Re: Wandering Off Topic
« Reply #9166 on: December 24, 2020, 07:15:37 PM »
I got up and my cat wasn't beside me.  I called for her outside, and she came back in and now is asleep on the cushion I rest my arm on. The thought of losing her is my biggest fear.  How will I cope?

We talk to each other, she has a sort of sign language, and I use the same language to talk back to her.

Really?  I tell the Rotten Little Shit to pee outside but he completely ignores me.

Offline puglove

Re: Wandering Off Topic
« Reply #9167 on: December 24, 2020, 07:33:37 PM »
I got up and my cat wasn't beside me.  I called for her outside, and she came back in and now is asleep on the cushion I rest my arm on. The thought of losing her is my biggest fear.  How will I cope?

We talk to each other, she has a sort of sign language, and I use the same language to talk back to her.

I love all of my animals, but one is especially dear to me. He's an old lad now, and a pug (so not the healthiest of dogs) and I dread the thought of life without him, when he's gone.
Jeremy Bamber kicked Mike Tesko in the fanny.

Offline faithlilly

Re: Wandering Off Topic
« Reply #9168 on: December 24, 2020, 07:53:22 PM »
I love all of my animals, but one is especially dear to me. He's an old lad now, and a pug (so not the healthiest of dogs) and I dread the thought of life without him, when he's gone.

It’s awful losing a beloved pet especially if you have had to have them PTS but that’s the tragedy, we will almost always be left mourning them.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline jassi

Re: Wandering Off Topic
« Reply #9169 on: December 24, 2020, 08:17:34 PM »
I've shared most of my life with cats and found that the solution to loss is to have several of different ages so that I'm never without at least one. Given my age, I'm not sure I will share my home with any new ones
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Mr Gray

Re: Wandering Off Topic
« Reply #9170 on: December 24, 2020, 08:23:22 PM »
I bought my son 4 goldfish and one developed some sort of fungal infection. Flushing it down the toilet was not an option as it was in my day. We had a small tank which we used as an isolation tank and nursed it back to health over two months.
With cats dogs.. everything comes at a price..the love and affection they give you has to be paid for when you lose them. It's attachment and a source of suffering

Offline puglove

Re: Wandering Off Topic
« Reply #9171 on: December 24, 2020, 08:23:31 PM »
Yes, a Merry Christmas and a Covid-free New Year to one and all.

Hope you get some decent presents, unlike me last year - a glow-in-the-dark loo roll, a 1960's dried-up Parker ballpoint which a relative had discovered at the back of a drawer, and a box of chocolate-covered Brazil Nuts with a 2015 use-by date.

I got a Ladycare fannymagnet because I'm such a moany old boiler.

 8(8-))
Jeremy Bamber kicked Mike Tesko in the fanny.

Offline Mr Gray

Re: Wandering Off Topic
« Reply #9172 on: December 24, 2020, 08:27:17 PM »
I've got a new phone..it's really quite good. It's not actually new it's my son's old one . I bought him the latest IPhone and I've got his old one

Offline Vertigo Swirl

Re: Wandering Off Topic
« Reply #9173 on: December 24, 2020, 08:28:23 PM »
My Christmas has been ruined since my next door neighbour announced they’re getting a puppy.  Great, just what I needed in my life.  Another yappy dog within 100 metres of my house bringing the total to 5.
"You can't reason with the unreasonable".

Offline jassi

Re: Wandering Off Topic
« Reply #9174 on: December 24, 2020, 08:37:57 PM »
You have my sympathy. My late mother in law lived next door to a pack of yappy dogs who ruined her later  life.
Fortunately I live in  a dog-free area at present.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Mr Gray

Re: Wandering Off Topic
« Reply #9175 on: December 24, 2020, 08:42:28 PM »
You have my sympathy. My late mother in law lived next door to a pack of yappy dogs who ruined her later  life.
Fortunately I live in  a dog-free area at present.

It's inconsiderate people who are the problem who care only about themselves and not others

Offline Vertigo Swirl

Re: Wandering Off Topic
« Reply #9176 on: December 24, 2020, 08:44:42 PM »
You have my sympathy. My late mother in law lived next door to a pack of yappy dogs who ruined her later  life.
Fortunately I live in  a dog-free area at present.
My dream is to live a mile from the nearest other house in any direction.  Neighbours and their DIY and their screaming children and their dogs are the bane of my life. 
"You can't reason with the unreasonable".

Offline Erngath

Re: Wandering Off Topic
« Reply #9177 on: December 24, 2020, 08:51:13 PM »
Wishing everyone a happy Christmas .
Very frosty here ...maybe a White Christmas?

So much is already so different to our traditional family celebration both tonight and tomorrow that a White Christmas would be lovely.
A peaceful and happy Christmas to all.xx
Deal with the failings of others as gently as with your own.

Offline jassi

Re: Wandering Off Topic
« Reply #9178 on: December 24, 2020, 08:53:57 PM »
Wishing everyone a happy Christmas .
Very frosty here ...maybe a White Christmas?

So much is already so different to our traditional family celebration both tonight and tomorrow that a White Christmas would be lovely.
A peaceful and happy Christmas to all.xx

As you live in Scotland, you may get your wish.
Living south of the border, all I can expect is excessive rain.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline G-Unit

Re: Wandering Off Topic
« Reply #9179 on: December 24, 2020, 09:00:01 PM »
My dream is to live a mile from the nearest other house in any direction.  Neighbours and their DIY and their screaming children and their dogs are the bane of my life.

I lived in the country in a farmhouse with no near neighbours. The wildlife were pretty vocal, especially the foxes. It sometimes sounded like murder was being committed in the garden.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0