Author Topic: Wandering Off Topic  (Read 3040138 times)

0 Members and 63 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline barrier

Re: Wandering Off Topic
« Reply #8490 on: August 12, 2020, 06:10:56 PM »
Never plant Laurel.  It makes a very good hedge very quickly, but it is monstrous.

As for the rest of them, keep them in check and cut them twice a year.  There isn't very much that I don't know about Hedges.

As for Creepy Crawlies, of which I am not fond, I had to learn to deal with those when I fetched up here alone some many years ago.  No good hollering for help because there wasn't anyone.  But if you really look at them some of them are quite beautiful.

I never kill anything by the way.  These things are far too important.

I have lived in peace with three Wasps Nest now and never been stung.  And my goodness, they are so interesting.

Whoops, sorry about that.

Ever laid or cast one?
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline Eleanor

Re: Wandering Off Topic
« Reply #8491 on: August 12, 2020, 06:36:17 PM »
Ever laid or cast one?

What?  A Hedge?  Certainly not.  I don't like Hedges.  Why would anyone want a Hedge?  I like to see what is going on out there.  I don't care if they can see what is going on in here.

Offline barrier

Re: Wandering Off Topic
« Reply #8492 on: August 12, 2020, 06:43:35 PM »
What?  A Hedge?  Certainly not.  I don't like Hedges.  Why would anyone want a Hedge?  I like to see what is going on out there.  I don't care if they can see what is going on in here.

Wild life haven's if properly managed, sadly modern methods don't think of that.
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline Eleanor

Re: Wandering Off Topic
« Reply #8493 on: August 12, 2020, 07:06:31 PM »
Wild life haven's if properly managed, sadly modern methods don't think of that.

Really.  But we can't all manage our gardens to whatever is your standard.

I have got this rotten little shite who thinks I've got Badgers.  You tell him that I haven't.

You tell me what you are taking about.

Offline Mr Gray

Re: Wandering Off Topic
« Reply #8494 on: August 19, 2020, 07:58:46 PM »
Just saw this..

Grieving mother tells court how her heart 'snapped' when she heard her daughter had been killed in Manchester bombing as court prepares to sentence ISIS-backing terrorist over atrocity that killed 22

yet R D Hall...beloved of CMOMM and sceptics in general ...says the bombing was a hoax...what an appalling excuse for  a human being.

Offline faithlilly

Re: Wandering Off Topic
« Reply #8495 on: August 19, 2020, 11:26:52 PM »
Just saw this..

Grieving mother tells court how her heart 'snapped' when she heard her daughter had been killed in Manchester bombing as court prepares to sentence ISIS-backing terrorist over atrocity that killed 22

yet R D Hall...beloved of CMOMM and sceptics in general ...says the bombing was a hoax...what an appalling excuse for  a human being.

Then why do you give him the publicity he so obviously enjoys ?
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Erngath

Re: Wandering Off Topic
« Reply #8496 on: August 20, 2020, 06:29:01 PM »
Then why do you give him the publicity he so obviously enjoys ?

Don't.you think he should be named and shamed for his appalling video of the Manchester bombing.
Some of his theories are quite cruel and grotesque.
Deal with the failings of others as gently as with your own.

Offline faithlilly

Re: Wandering Off Topic
« Reply #8497 on: August 20, 2020, 11:14:44 PM »
Don't.you think he should be named and shamed for his appalling video of the Manchester bombing.
Some of his theories are quite cruel and grotesque.

I think it’s more important that the video is publicised as little as possible. Hall obviously thrives on the notoriety his videos bring and you and your compadres couldn’t help more in that endeavour if you were Satchi and Satchi. What does naming and shaming achieve other giving you a chance to display your imagined moral superiority?
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Vertigo Swirl

Re: Wandering Off Topic
« Reply #8498 on: August 20, 2020, 11:29:14 PM »
I think some people want to brush RD Hall under the carpet for bringing the sceptic cause into disrepute.  Mind you, just look at the loudest, most prominent  McCann sceptic commentators - all mad, bad or dangerous to know.  I wonder why that is...?
"You can't reason with the unreasonable".

Offline Brietta

Re: Wandering Off Topic
« Reply #8499 on: August 21, 2020, 12:44:48 AM »
I think some people want to brush RD Hall under the carpet for bringing the sceptic cause into disrepute.  Mind you, just look at the loudest, most prominent  McCann sceptic commentators - all mad, bad or dangerous to know.  I wonder why that is...?

Based on the rantings in every comment section they can aim their keyboards at which remain largely the same now as they have been since 2007, I think your description of the most prominent aptly covers the meanest of them too.

I think the likes of Hall is a dish to be relished in private and a bit much to be consumed in public ... but a man has to make a living somehow.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline faithlilly

Re: Wandering Off Topic
« Reply #8500 on: August 21, 2020, 01:04:56 AM »
Based on the rantings in every comment section they can aim their keyboards at which remain largely the same now as they have been since 2007, I think your description of the most prominent aptly covers the meanest of them too.

I think the likes of Hall is a dish to be relished in private and a bit much to be consumed in public ... but a man has to make a living somehow.

What you do in private is your business Brietta.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Erngath

Re: Wandering Off Topic
« Reply #8501 on: August 21, 2020, 07:10:41 AM »
I think it’s more important that the video is publicised as little as possible. Hall obviously thrives on the notoriety his videos bring and you and your compadres couldn’t help more in that endeavour if you were Satchi and Satchi. What does naming and shaming achieve other giving you a chance to display your imagined moral superiority?

I can see  why you and other sceptics would prefer no light to be shone on his videos. It must be  difficult for you to see his theories about Madeleine's abduction sit alongside his equally insane and frankly disgraceful theories about the Manchester bombing.
I do understand.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2020, 09:56:22 AM by Angelo222 »
Deal with the failings of others as gently as with your own.

Offline Erngath

Re: Wandering Off Topic
« Reply #8502 on: August 21, 2020, 07:11:46 AM »
I think some people want to brush RD Hall under the carpet for bringing the sceptic cause into disrepute.  Mind you, just look at the loudest, most prominent  McCann sceptic commentators - all mad, bad or dangerous to know.  I wonder why that is...?

Indeed.
Deal with the failings of others as gently as with your own.

Offline The General

Re: Wandering Off Topic
« Reply #8503 on: August 21, 2020, 11:39:51 AM »
I can see  why you and other sceptics would prefer no light to be shone on his videos. It must be  difficult for you to see his theories about Madeleine's abduction sit alongside his equally insane and frankly disgraceful theories about the Manchester bombing.
I do understand.

The veiled assertion is that, because RD Hall is a vehement sceptic in regard to the MM case, then if you even partially side with that opinion, by association you are somehow tacitly aligned in all other areas of his 'investigation'.
The lazy, crass, misguided generalisation renders all other discussion worthless.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2020, 09:58:39 AM by Angelo222 »
Subject Matter Expert - Hobos.

Offline Vertigo Swirl

Re: Wandering Off Topic
« Reply #8504 on: August 21, 2020, 11:42:44 AM »
The veiled assertion is that, because RD Hall is a vehement sceptic in regard to the MM case, then if you even partially side with that opinion, by association you are somehow tacitly aligned in all other areas of his 'investigation'.
The lazy, crass, misguided generalisation renders all other discussion worthless.
Not all conspiracy theorists like RD Hall are McCann sceptics and not all McCann sceptics are conspiracy theorists but on a Venn diagram I reckon the majority would lie in the intersection.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2020, 09:59:21 AM by Angelo222 »
"You can't reason with the unreasonable".