Kates book was a scathng of everyone and anything she could think of, as her sister in law described it.......ie it was a blaming book...blame everyone for her own mistkes day in day out...simples...guilt farming project
She even said madeleine might have been doped during the day ie blamng the childminders
No-one knows how they will react to extreme sudden shock - they just think they do.
When my son fell and broke his arm - the first thing I did when I saw his misshapen arm was to promptly faint. It was left to his sister to run and get help - (for both of us)
Some people freeze in terror, some find their legs have turned to jelly, some cannot speak because their throat has become constricted. Some people even find enormous physical strength from somewhere - I remember reading of how a mother lifted a car off her son!
There are no rules on how to behave when you are in a blind panic. Everyone is different.
IMO