Author Topic: Mark Alexander  (Read 42519 times)

Offline Caroline

Re: Mark Alexander
« Reply #60 on: December 02, 2016, 07:36:28 PM »
If what is being suggested about Egyptian-born Samuel Alexander, also known as Sami Yacoub El-Kayoubi, is correct and he was involved in clandestine dealings with shady individuals then his internet record and banking transactions should reflect this.

Murder victim Samuel Alexander (left) with son Mark Alexander.

They should indeed.

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #61 on: December 02, 2016, 07:57:58 PM »
I had another look at the details of this case today but still find several points of concern with Mark's defence. He was brought up by his father in circumstances which any normal person would find odd so conflict was inevitable.  Could it be that all those years of conflict exploded one night into violence?
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Daisy

« Reply #62 on: December 02, 2016, 09:02:38 PM »
Hi Daisy,

One of the news articles stated that Samuel recorded every financial transaction in a diary. Could you ask when the last transaction was dated?

Hi Caroline
This is all paper talk.  Samuel did not record every financial transaction in a diary and this statement is very misleading. 

Offline Daisy

« Reply #63 on: December 02, 2016, 09:03:26 PM »
I had another look at the details of this case today but still find several points of concern with Mark's defence. He was brought up by his father in circumstances which any normal person would find odd so conflict was inevitable.  Could it be that all those years of conflict exploded one night into violence?

It could be but there is no witness, forensic or any other evidence to link Mark to his father's death, just suggestions by the prosecution.  Until I see any evidence, I will believe Mark to be innocent.

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #64 on: December 02, 2016, 11:16:19 PM »

It could be but there is no witness, forensic or any other evidence to link Mark to his father's death, just suggestions by the prosecution.  Until I see any evidence, I will believe Mark to be innocent.

My point is that had Mark killed his father in a moment of madness and admitted it instead of trying to hide his body and make up some story then he could have admitted to manslaughter.  He would have been out in a few years.
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #65 on: December 03, 2016, 12:24:17 AM »

I think the poor old sod is likely innocent.  But then you all know me by now.

Offline Daisy

« Reply #66 on: December 03, 2016, 07:39:45 AM »
My point is that had Mark killed his father in a moment of madness and admitted it instead of trying to hide his body and make up some story then he could have admitted to manslaughter.  He would have been out in a few years.

Where is the evidence to support this statement?

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #67 on: December 03, 2016, 09:56:57 AM »

Where is the evidence to support this statement?

Its an observation of the facts on which he was found guilty of murder.  He has yet to provide a shred of evidence to support his claim of total innocence.  Only he had the means and the opportunity to kill the old man and hide his body beside the garage.  No third party intruder would have dared make several trips back to the house to lay multiple layers of concrete, only Mark Alexander had the means to do that while avoiding suspicion.  The story he came up with about underpinning the garage wall was a load of rubbish. It was all too coincidental that the position of the claimed underpinning just happened to be the exact spot where Samuel Alexander was buried.  In any event what he did had no engineering value whatsoever.  He thought he had got away with it and by adding a final layer of concrete so publicly he would seal his fathers grave for ever.  Had it not been for the concern expressed by suspicious neighbours he would have succeeded.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2016, 10:15:46 AM by Angelo222 »

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Daisy

« Reply #68 on: December 03, 2016, 05:30:05 PM »
Its an observation of the facts on which he was found guilty of murder.  He has yet to provide a shred of evidence to support his claim of total innocence.  Only he had the means and the opportunity to kill the old man and hide his body beside the garage.  No third party intruder would have dared make several trips back to the house to lay multiple layers of concrete, only Mark Alexander had the means to do that while avoiding suspicion.  The story he came up with about underpinning the garage wall was a load of rubbish. It was all too coincidental that the position of the claimed underpinning just happened to be the exact spot where Samuel Alexander was buried.  In any event what he did had no engineering value whatsoever.  He thought he had got away with it and by adding a final layer of concrete so publicly he would seal his fathers grave for ever.  Had it not been for the concern expressed by suspicious neighbours he would have succeeded.

There was more than one area of underpinning and not just one which everyone keeps assuming. A geologist has stated that the first layers on all areas were carried out by a professional but the top layer was not. This means that Mark did not carry out all the work. There were other individuals involved. If someone buried the body when it was dusk or dark then no one would have seen anything. Once you have closed your curtains at night do you keep looking outside to see if anything is happening in your neighbourhood?

Offline Caroline

« Reply #69 on: December 03, 2016, 11:40:19 PM »

There was more than one area of underpinning and not just one which everyone keeps assuming. A geologist has stated that the first layers on all areas were carried out by a professional but the top layer was not. This means that Mark did not carry out all the work. There were other individuals involved. If someone buried the body when it was dusk or dark then no one would have seen anything. Once you have closed your curtains at night do you keep looking outside to see if anything is happening in your neighbourhood?

No, I guess not but wouldn't concreting something name a noise? I don't know, I'm just assuming.

Offline Myster

« Reply #70 on: December 04, 2016, 03:05:42 PM »
No, I guess not but wouldn't concreting something name a noise? I don't know, I'm just assuming.
Depends how it was delivered and/or laid. The house is quite a distance from the few neighbouring ones, whose occupants might have been out during the day and so never saw anything. A concrete lorry could park on the tarmac hardstanding to the south of the double garage, and the mix barrowed to the hole from there, as I understand the last cubic metre load was by Mark Alexander himself, with the lorry operative witnessing. For the first three layers, if it was simply "mortar", this could have been mixed by hand on site hidden from view in the shaded area north of the garage, from pre-delivered bags of sand and cement.

What bothers me is the description of those first three layers as "mortar", which by definition consists of a mix of cement, sand and water, used for laying bricks and concrete blocks, and nowhere near strong enough for underpinning, when aggregate (and sometimes reinforcement) would be included. According to the surveyor, the "mortar" was laid more professionally, so I presume not by cowboys, although why it should be in three layers is a mystery. It sounds more like the work of one person doing the job over a period, allowing time in between for the "mortar" to set and for further raw materials to be bought. Sami supposedly made a careful account of whatever he spent, so there should be some indication of payment for this work, unless the people involved were paid cash in hand, no questions asked.

Location of the concrete and body indicated by the black arrow...
It's one of them cases, in'it... one of them f*ckin' cases.

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #71 on: December 05, 2016, 08:04:05 PM »
Does anyone think it fortuiteous that buidling work was being carried out at a time someone wanted to hide a corpse? I mean this would suggest Sami was killed on is property. What about the timing Do we know when he was killed before or after the building work was discussed/started?

What I am getting at is this: if this is a opportunistic killing by a stranger- would his son not notice a body being in the mortar before adding the rest? Also, did Mark notice that Sami took all his regular stuff with him when we went on his many travels? which is why he didn't suspect anything about him not being at home. and did he never, EVER say bye son seen you in few days.weeks?

Daisy, any news on the questions yet?
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline Daisy

« Reply #72 on: December 06, 2016, 07:30:15 AM »
Does anyone think it fortuiteous that buidling work was being carried out at a time someone wanted to hide a corpse? I mean this would suggest Sami was killed on is property. What about the timing Do we know when he was killed before or after the building work was discussed/started?

What I am getting at is this: if this is a opportunistic killing by a stranger- would his son not notice a body being in the mortar before adding the rest? Also, did Mark notice that Sami took all his regular stuff with him when we went on his many travels? which is why he didn't suspect anything about him not being at home. and did he never, EVER say bye son seen you in few days.weeks?

Daisy, any news on the questions yet?

There is no evidence that Samuel was killed on the property. Extensive forensic examination was carried out in the house and garage and it is thought he was killed elsewhere. Building work had been going on in one way and another for ten years. Myster has a good grasp of the case and the laying of the mortar etc. Mark has sent me a brief letter to say he is working on the answers to the questions and will be replying shortly.

Offline Caroline

« Reply #73 on: December 06, 2016, 01:17:51 PM »
I take that Mark didn't live with his father?

Offline Daisy

« Reply #74 on: December 06, 2016, 01:37:11 PM »
I take that Mark didn't live with his father?

Yes Mark did live with his father but was at University in London and came home regularly. I have been looking over the case files again and we know Samuel was receiving a care package from Social Services. He employed private careers and paid them cash in hand so they didn't pay tax or National Insurance. That is why they have been so difficult to trace.

It is also worth mentioning that Samuel was accomplished in evading the authorities. When Mark was a young child he was placed on the "at risk" register but was regularly moved from school to school so he couldn't be found. By the end of primary school he had attended more than ten schools,