Author Topic: Brenda Leyland. Coroner's Court reconvenes on 20 March 2015.  (Read 326308 times)

stephen25000

Re: Brenda Leyland. Coroner's Court reconvenes on 20 March 2015.
« Reply #1140 on: March 14, 2015, 06:53:38 PM »
Absolutely wonderful. ...thes posters think they are so smart that they have worked out what ha happened to maddie....and using their incredible powers of deductioln have worked out I'm a dustman.....is there no start to their talent

No Dave, it was sarcasm.

Clearly you don't understand that either.

Don't make claims you can't back up.

As you like telling other posters. 8((()*/

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #1141 on: March 14, 2015, 07:13:41 PM »
So - this Friday then...what are people expecting to happen vis-à-vis the dossier compiler(s)?

Offline Anna

« Reply #1142 on: March 14, 2015, 07:23:01 PM »
So - this Friday then...what are people expecting to happen vis-à-vis the dossier compiler(s)?

I think her cause of death will be announced, but I doubt anything else will. However I might be surprised.
I will miss it all, if it is announced on Friday.
Will it be over in one day?
“You should not honour men more than truth.”
― Plato

stephen25000

« Reply #1143 on: March 14, 2015, 07:25:45 PM »
I think her cause of death will be announced, but I doubt anything else will. However I might be surprised.
I will miss it all, if it is announced on Friday.
Will it be over in one day?

We shall find out shortly.

However, whatever happens I feel sure the debate will continue.

Offline Anna

« Reply #1144 on: March 14, 2015, 07:30:39 PM »
We shall find out shortly.

However, whatever happens I feel sure the debate will continue.

I'm sure it will and as long as the debate is on the topic of the thread, that is fine with me.
― Plato

Offline Anna

« Reply #1145 on: March 14, 2015, 09:50:49 PM »
I have been trying to find out how long this inquest is likely to last and due to the complexity, I should imagine it will be a few days at least. 
This is not for Leicestershire, but I am sure will be basically the same.

What happens if someone is responsible for my relative's death?
It is important to understand that an inquest is different from a trial. It is not about deciding issues or guilt, blame or compensation. It is purely a fact-finding inquiry. These things are dealt with separately in the civil and criminal courts. No sentence or penalty will be given to anyone by the Coroner.

This means that an inquest runs in a slightly different way from a trial. For example, lawyers do not make opening and closing speeches, and questioning is straightforward and factual - there is no cross-questioning or attempts to 'trip up' a witness. While people in court may have different outcomes they are hoping for, we ask everyone present to work in a spirit of co-operation to create a true account of what happened.
http://www.manchester.gov.uk/info/626/coroners/5533/the_inquest_system/13
― Plato

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #1146 on: March 15, 2015, 11:48:13 AM »
http://www.leics.gov.uk/moj_coroners_and_inquests.pdf

I would expect the coroner to use all her powers to carry out her duty with respect to the inquest in to the circumstances surrounding the death of Brenda Leyland. If she deems it necessary to find out who the dossier compilers/"handersover" were and question them she will. If she doesn't she will not. What will happen to the dossier compilers on Friday? subject to the previous sentence they will be questioned or not questioned. In the event they are questioned and the coroner feels the matter should be referred to the police for further action she will. As the police allegedly received a copy of the document they will possibly know who handed it to them unless it was done anomalously [yes I know]
Read the document in the above link which I have posted at least once before. It is pretty factual one would imagine and takes out much of the guesswork.
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #1147 on: March 15, 2015, 11:52:24 AM »

I would expect the coroner to use all her powers to carry out her duty with respect to the inquest in to the circumstances surrounding the death of Brenda Leyland. If she deems it necessary to find out who the dossier compilers/"handersover" were and question them she will. If she doesn't she will not. What will happen to the dossier compilers on Friday? subject to the previous sentence they will be questioned or not questioned. In the event they are questioned and the coroner feels the matter should be referred to the police for further action she will. As the police allegedly received a copy of the document they will possibly know who handed it to them unless it was done anomalously [yes I know]
Read the document in the above link which I have posted at least once before. It is pretty factual one would imagine and takes out much of the guesswork.
The coroner has already deemed it necessary to find out who the dossier compilers are hence her demand to Sky, so what next? 

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1148 on: March 15, 2015, 11:54:09 AM »

so you don't know...just like everybody else...

my opinion is the inquest will be primarily interested in the cause of death....suicide seems to be the most obvious.
A toxicologist and Brenda's psychiatrist are listed as witnesses so this gives us some idea of what the coroner is interested in. We have already been told that no one is expected to face criminal charges

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #1149 on: March 15, 2015, 01:15:21 PM »
The coroner has already deemed it necessary to find out who the dossier compilers are hence her demand to Sky, so what next?
She will ask questions of the relevant persons and deliver her verdict which may be a narrative verdict. If as a result she requires the police to make further investigations she will ask for them to do so but that is without the jurisdiction of her court.
If she decides she needs to make recommendations to prevent a death occurring under similar circumstances she will do so.
What do you think is next Alf?
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #1150 on: March 15, 2015, 01:21:03 PM »
She will ask questions of the relevant persons and deliver her verdict which may be a narrative verdict. If as a result she requires the police to make further investigations she will ask for them to do so but that is without the jurisdiction of her court.
If she decides she needs to make recommendations to prevent a death occurring under similar circumstances she will do so.
What do you think is next Alf?
No  idea, but  I'm not expecting criminal proceedings to arise as a result of the inquest, are you?

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #1151 on: March 15, 2015, 01:58:38 PM »
No  idea, but  I'm not expecting criminal proceedings to arise as a result of the inquest, are you?

I haven't a clue. My gut feeling is the worst will be someone getting a flea in their ear. As I don't have all the evidence and neither does the coroner until her court has convened and gone the process who really knows?
Apart from the odd punter on here who thinks he/she is clairbloodyvoyant.

Looking at it from the aspect of the coroner having a duty to try to prevent a death occurring in similar circumstances she may decide to play dirty and read out the names of all identified folks, whatever the flavour, in her court. Ouch! blackballed at the goff club and defrocked by the church committee; just desserts!
[how many posts til someone cottons on I am taking the p**s with that last para?]  8(>((

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #1152 on: March 15, 2015, 03:22:59 PM »
I haven't a clue. My gut feeling is the worst will be someone getting a flea in their ear. As I don't have all the evidence and neither does the coroner until her court has convened and gone the process who really knows?

Looking at it from the aspect of the coroner having a duty to try to prevent a death occurring in similar circumstances she may decide to play dirty and read out the names of all identified folks, whatever the flavour, in her court. Ouch! blackballed at the goff club and defrocked by the church committee; just desserts!
[how many posts til someone cottons on I am taking the p**s with that last para?]  8(>((

Shall we open a book ?  @)(++(*
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Brietta

« Reply #1153 on: March 15, 2015, 04:33:18 PM »

I think reflected in the witnesses called, the coroner may ascertain as far as she can Brenda Leyland's state of mind by interviewing the last people known to have spoken to her.

The toxicologist will give a medical report as to any substances which may or may not have been found ... and based on that evidence decide whether her death was natural causes, accident or suicide, and will rule accordingly.
I don't know whether or not she will declare that immediately or at a later date.

It has been a long time coming and must have been a traumatic time for her immediate family whatever their relationship might have been.  It would be good if people would remember that the family are having to live with this very public event through no choice of their own and allow the coroner's decision on the circumstances to stand without injuring these people further.

"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline John

« Reply #1154 on: March 15, 2015, 04:57:08 PM »
Please do not add further posts to this thread.

Discussion continued here.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2015, 02:47:49 AM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.