Author Topic: Amaral and the dogs  (Read 845115 times)

ferryman

Re: Amaral and the dogs
« Reply #945 on: July 14, 2015, 06:46:12 PM »

Tracking and Trailing Dogs
Tracking dogs are capable of locating any human scent and following the scent to a successful conclusion.
Trailing dogs are capable of locating a specific human scent (usually obtained from an article of clothing) and following the scent, ignoring other scents, to a successful conclusion.
Search Dogs UK are able to supply dogs trained in both disciplines to agencies concerned with locating persons in vast areas.
Target Agencies: Law Enforcement, SAR Agencies.
http://www.searchdogsuk.co.uk/other_disciplines.html

Thank you Anna.

What I underline is what we, in Britain, term scent article method dogs.

Not remotely the fault of the GNR handlers who tasked their dogs to look for Madeleine, but their dogs were not of that discipline.

Offline mercury

« Reply #946 on: July 14, 2015, 06:52:37 PM »
Thank you Anna.

Not remotely the fault of the GNR handlers who tasked their dogs to look for Madeleine, but their dogs were not of that discipline.

So what were the dogs looking for?

ferryman

« Reply #947 on: July 14, 2015, 06:56:19 PM »
So what were the dogs looking for?

Their handlers hoped they were looking for Madeleine.

However, they weren't because they had not successfully assimilated Madeleine's (individual and unique) scent.

They were of the wrong discipline for that type of search ....

Offline mercury

« Reply #948 on: July 14, 2015, 07:00:07 PM »
Their handlers hoped they were looking for Madeleine.

However, they weren't because they had not successfully assimilated Madeleine's (individual and unique) scent.

They were of the wrong discipline for that type of search ....

I get what you said but what did the dogs go out and look for? Dogs look for something surely and the dogs deployed  twice over followed a trail did they not? what was the trail?
« Last Edit: July 14, 2015, 07:02:40 PM by mercury »

Offline Anna

« Reply #949 on: July 14, 2015, 07:05:11 PM »
Thank you Anna.

No I believe the handlers were doing what they could over some rough terrain at times.
The initial dogs had some training in tracking(not sure what sort), but although that might find a human being, it would not necessarily find Madeleine.
whatever reason they used the blanket for to allow the dogs to sniff. It must have given her parents an extra bit of reassurance that things were being done to find her.

“You should not honour men more than truth.”
― Plato

ferryman

« Reply #950 on: July 14, 2015, 07:07:33 PM »
I get what you said but what did the dogs go out and look for? Dogs look for something surely and the dogs deployed  twice over followed a trail did they not? what was the trail?

Who knows what scent they followed?

Just not Madeleine's.

Offline mercury

« Reply #951 on: July 14, 2015, 07:20:53 PM »
Who knows what scent they followed?

Just not Madeleine's.

Oh, so now they did follow someones scent, make your mind up

So they ARE scent following dogs?? Hello?
« Last Edit: July 14, 2015, 07:43:43 PM by mercury »

ferryman

« Reply #952 on: July 14, 2015, 07:45:47 PM »
Oh, so now they did follow someones scent, make your mind up

So they ARE scent following dogs?? Hello?

Dogs pick all sorts of scents all the time.

It's what you can train them to follow that counts.

Offline mercury

« Reply #953 on: July 14, 2015, 08:17:30 PM »
Ok ferryman

Do let me know what the gnr dogs were left off their leash to find then ,  it seems to me you  are saying they couldnt find nothing at all, so whats the point of using them???

ferryman

« Reply #954 on: July 14, 2015, 08:34:02 PM »
...it seems to me...

I'm sure it does ....

Offline Anna

« Reply #955 on: July 14, 2015, 08:35:55 PM »
Ok ferryman

Do let me know what the gnr dogs were left off their leash to find then ,  it seems to me you  are saying they couldnt find nothing at all, so whats the point of using them???

If they were searching remote uninhabited areas, there was a chance that they would find someone,,,if someone was there that is. They were basically Public control trained, but they did have some training in tracking(of some sort)
Therefore it is a waste of time and effort to keep asking why they were used, Mercury, when none of us know the answer.
― Plato

Offline misty

« Reply #956 on: July 14, 2015, 08:42:54 PM »
If they were searching remote uninhabited areas, there was a chance that they would find someone,,,if someone was there that is. They were basically Public control trained, but they did have some training in tracking(of some sort)
Therefore it is a waste of time and effort to keep asking why they were used, Mercury, when none of us know the answer.

Did Amaral & Co use any dogs when Joana went missing, do you know?

Offline Carana

« Reply #957 on: July 14, 2015, 08:43:17 PM »

Read the report... it's only 2 pages long or so.

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/GNR_SNIFFER.htm

Offline Anna

« Reply #958 on: July 14, 2015, 08:45:18 PM »

Yes they did actually, Misty.
― Plato

Offline Anna

« Reply #959 on: July 14, 2015, 08:48:58 PM »

Here you go Misty,

16 sep 2004 CM

The authorities also decided to investigate again the family of small Joana, 8 years of age, as well as various other people that could provide clues about the mysterious case. The truth, however, is that the efforts made have had no effect. Leonor Cipriano, the mother of the child already speaks in "abduction" and asks: "Don't do evil to Joana".
Second found the CM, two teams cinotecnicas (man/dog) were used in the actions of search triggered in the fields around this rural village. The soldiers were conducting, including various wells, a stream and a channel for irrigation which passes close to the village, disproved the existence of traces of the girl.
http://www.cmjornal.xl.pt/detalhe/noticias/nacional/atualidade/mae-confessa-morte-da-filha-por-acidente
― Plato