Author Topic: Amaral and the dogs  (Read 844595 times)

stephen25000

Re: Amaral and the dogs
« Reply #1035 on: July 19, 2015, 08:56:47 AM »
Since Madeleine was never found by the dogs, how can anyone possibly know that it was Madeleine's scent that they followed?

The blanket would also have the scent of Kate and Gerry on it.
It was not a piece of clothing (usually used for scenting) that would have a stronger scent of the child's body, that was used for the dogs to sniff.
Sweat and an individual body smells. is what the dogs smell and try to trace.

I still believe that the dogs were confused by scents on that blanket.

How could anyone possibly prove that the dogs followed Madeleine's Scent when she was never found???

We don't know that for sure, either way as the forensic results weren't negative, merely inconclusive.

Offline Anna

« Reply #1036 on: July 19, 2015, 02:38:49 PM »
We don't know that for sure, either way as the forensic results weren't negative, merely inconclusive.

Sorry Stephen. I don’t understand your post ……We were discussing the tracking/sniffer dogs that used the blanket to sniff for her scent.

Was there a forensic report?

This is the message you replied too.....................................

Anna:-
Since Madeleine was never found by the dogs, how can anyone possibly know that it was Madeleine's scent that they followed?

It was not a piece of clothing (usually used for scenting) that would have a stronger scent of the child's body, that was used for the dogs to sniff.

How could anyone possibly prove that the dogs followed Madeleine's Scent when she was never found???

“You should not honour men more than truth.”
― Plato

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #1037 on: July 19, 2015, 03:12:37 PM »
In your theory (what as you know I disagree with) you have a bag is that right?
And closed the GNR dogs would not track its route, is that your theory?

The dogs tracked her 3 May routes from the apartment using the path to the creche and from the tapas entrance to 5A front key door at 5:40. If she didn't leave the apartment alive and was carried away then they are not necessarily going to be able to track her.

This situation may be related to the fact that the biggest concentration of odours are in that area and due to the fact that odours are better preserved near walls and away from major winds. It is certain that upon reaching the main road and turning right is where the biggest concentration of odours exist. This is where the dog lost interest.

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/ANTONIO_SILVA.htm
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline pegasus

« Reply #1038 on: July 19, 2015, 03:41:56 PM »
@Pathfinder if your theory which I do not agree with were correct then the GNR dogs would only be able to track the earlier routes of times very approximate 09.00 outward, 13:00 inward, 14:00 outward, 17.30 inward, but would not be able to track a later route ?
« Last Edit: July 19, 2015, 03:46:35 PM by pegasus »

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #1039 on: July 19, 2015, 05:18:50 PM »
@Pathfinder if your theory which I do not agree with were correct then the GNR dogs would only be able to track the earlier routes of times very approximate 09.00 outward, 13:00 inward, 14:00 outward, 17.30 inward, but would not be able to track a later route ?

If she was carried away later on the same normal path route then most of her scent will be found there. Jes used the outer road route as did checkers.

Route 1 from back of 5A to block 4 car park

« Last Edit: July 19, 2015, 05:23:35 PM by pathfinder73 »
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline mercury

« Reply #1040 on: July 19, 2015, 11:26:18 PM »
Sorry Stephen. I don’t understand your post ……We were discussing the tracking/sniffer dogs that used the blanket to sniff for her scent.

Was there a forensic report?

This is the message you replied too.....................................

Anna:-

What you say Anna is true in theory, (regarding mixed scents) whch makes you wonder what the point was if Madeleine was always with her family on a similar daily route (apart from the dogs trailing behind the apartments)

BTW three sets of dogs IIRC were given (separately) a) ablanket, b) a towel and then c) an item of her clothing, though the latter was the last set of searches a few days later when there wasn't much confidence it would yield any result, due to time lapsed, but they tried anyway, although the trailing exactly mirrored the first trail. I'm as confused as you.

Offline pegasus

« Reply #1041 on: July 20, 2015, 02:04:23 AM »
Another case of police ignoring an alert by an EVRD dog - then weeks later finding the dog was right.
And a live demonstration by EVRD dog "Chance" (who alerts by sitting)
searching for and finding a real human scent source in the back room of a TV studio.
 http://youtu.be/ZseVVfswzPA
« Last Edit: July 20, 2015, 02:22:10 AM by pegasus »

Offline mercury

« Reply #1042 on: July 20, 2015, 06:15:11 AM »
Another case of police ignoring an alert by an EVRD dog - then weeks later finding the dog was right.
And a live demonstration by EVRD dog "Chance" (who alerts by sitting)
searching for and finding a real human scent source in the back room of a TV studio.

But Gerry McCann told Sandra Felgueiras, a Portuguese journalist in a TV interview that cadaver dogs are "incredibly unreliable"  and Kate McCann says in her book she was "relieved "when the blood and cadaver dogs  alerted in their apartment because they're "not scientific" . I was very surprised to read her "account of the truth "where she belittled their capabilities, makes you wonder quite a few thngs after all that garbage was spouted.

?

PS Pegasus you're not allowed to say EVRD dog as they don't exist except in Martin Grimes imagination according to Ferryman who also asserts Eddie never went to the USA to be trained on real human cadavers, though  Mr Grime's CV asserts he did.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2015, 06:27:17 AM by mercury »

Offline Carana

« Reply #1043 on: July 20, 2015, 07:35:30 AM »
What you say Anna is true in theory, (regarding mixed scents) whch makes you wonder what the point was if Madeleine was always with her family on a similar daily route (apart from the dogs trailing behind the apartments)

BTW three sets of dogs IIRC were given (separately) a) ablanket, b) a towel and then c) an item of her clothing, though the latter was the last set of searches a few days later when there wasn't much confidence it would yield any result, due to time lapsed, but they tried anyway, although the trailing exactly mirrored the first trail. I'm as confused as you.

I have a doubt as to whether the blanket and the towel are two different items.

Offline mercury

« Reply #1044 on: July 20, 2015, 12:44:39 PM »
I have a doubt as to whether the blanket and the towel are two different items.

Why? Do you think there is no difference between what one handler describes as a Turkish towel used by the child and the other one on a search almost a day later  describing being given a pink/orange blanket the child used to sleep in?

Offline Anna

« Reply #1045 on: July 20, 2015, 01:08:25 PM »
Why? Do you think there is no difference between what one handler describes as a Turkish towel used by the child and the other one on a search almost a day later  describing being given a pink/orange blanket the child used to sleep in?

These comfort blankets are small and normally made from a micro fibre, Mercury.
So I think that the blanket could very easily have been mistaken for a light towel.
When I read the statements, I assumed that the blanket had been mistaken for a towel.
However, does it really matter? There is still a fair chance that more than one person's scent was on the item.
“You should not honour men more than truth.”
― Plato

Offline mercury

« Reply #1046 on: July 20, 2015, 01:15:09 PM »
These comfort blankets are small and normally made from a micro fibre, Mercury.
So I think that the blanket could very easily have been mistaken for a light towel.
When I read the statements, I assumed that the blanket had been mistaken for a towel.
However, does it really matter? There is still a fair chance that more than one person's scent was on the item.

No it doesn't matter as I said in my post yesterday. I was interested to know why Carana had doubts. The files clearly describe them in different ways.

Offline pegasus

« Reply #1047 on: July 20, 2015, 05:50:08 PM »
But Gerry McCann told Sandra Felgueiras, a Portuguese journalist in a TV interview that cadaver dogs are "incredibly unreliable"  and Kate McCann says in her book she was "relieved "when the blood and cadaver dogs  alerted in their apartment because they're "not scientific" . I was very surprised to read her "account of the truth "where she belittled their capabilities, makes you wonder quite a few thngs after all that garbage was spouted.

?

PS Pegasus you're not allowed to say EVRD dog as they don't exist except in Martin Grimes imagination according to Ferryman who also asserts Eddie never went to the USA to be trained on real human cadavers, though  Mr Grime's CV asserts he did.
And maybe soon there will be a "cue" of peeps claiming that dog "Chance" in this live demonstration
http://youtu.be/ZseVVfswzPA alerted only because of cuing?
BTW IMO Mr G would look great in one of those shiny red dog-handler one-piece jumpsuits like handler Tracey is wearing

Offline mercury

« Reply #1048 on: July 20, 2015, 07:43:34 PM »
And maybe soon there will be a "cue" of peeps claiming that dog "Chance" in this live demonstration
http://youtu.be/ZseVVfswzPA alerted only because of cuing?
BTW IMO Mr G would look great in one of those shiny red dog-handler one-piece jumpsuits like handler Tracey is wearing
oh, very good Pegasus !

But

Don't tempt fate.
PS He looked the business in his white boiler suit, lol.

Offline pegasus

« Reply #1049 on: July 20, 2015, 09:10:03 PM »
Going back to this video
It was a missing child case.
A cadaver dog alerted to a garage.
Police ignored the dog.
Weeks later a body was found in the garage.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2015, 09:13:07 PM by pegasus »