Author Topic: Amaral and the dogs  (Read 845144 times)

Offline Carew

Re: Amaral and the dogs
« Reply #1860 on: August 04, 2015, 09:58:50 PM »
Agree, Eleanor.

Grime spent five times as long standing by the right front wing of the Renault than he did with any of the other cars.  And Eddie showed no more interest in the Renault than he did with any of the other cars - until he realised that his masters behaviour was quite different.   On the fifth recall he "alerted".  In the place that Grime was repeatedly pointing to. 

Combine that performance with Duarte Levy on the video, and the forensic results (a trace of Gerry's blood on the keycard) , and this is a complete non event.

Anyone who is convinced that this shows Madeleine was in the hirecar redefines the term "gullible".

Changed your mind since around 2 o`clock this afternoon re Mr Grime`s deployment of Eddie?

Offline Jean-Pierre

« Reply #1861 on: August 04, 2015, 09:59:36 PM »
Yes dear, I have watched the video. My question was not about alledged copyright but whether he was physically there at the time, which you suggested (and others have asserted)

What does "have his fingerprints all over" mean then?

I assume you are familiar with the works of Duarte Levy?  Why is his name of this video? 

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #1862 on: August 04, 2015, 10:08:33 PM »
You asked this a few posts back.

It wasn`t worth answering then any more than now because I used "possibility" and "could" .

You could have worked out the answer from that.

Mr Grime has neither been charged or accused of any offence nor officially rebuked for his deployment of the dogs.

(This alone would usually be enough to cause supporters to hyperventilate at the very idea of "Only Asking Questions for 8 years "  equating the practise with putting the boot in.)

Since the present investigative team have considered the possibility that Madeleine may not have been alive when removed from the apartment , who knows what permutations are in the frame or could become so as the investigation progresses?
So you acknowledge that there is no way of knowing for sure what the dog was alerting to then, thank you.

Offline Carew

« Reply #1863 on: August 04, 2015, 10:28:26 PM »
So you acknowledge that there is no way of knowing for sure what the dog was alerting to then, thank you.

You are welcome............

A handler allegedly repeatedly calling a dog back until he alerts to a toe-nail or cross- contamination by a pair of urine- stained toddler shorts floats many a boat.    8)-)))

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #1864 on: August 04, 2015, 10:31:24 PM »

You are welcome............

A handler allegedly repeatedly calling a dog back until he alerts to a toe-nail or cross- contamination by a pair of urine- stained toddler shorts floats many a boat.    8)-)))
The question I have is why, if there's no way of knowing what the dog alerted to and as unconscious handler bias is a proven phenomenon in dog searches, people like you set so much store by these dog alerts?

Offline Jean-Pierre

« Reply #1865 on: August 04, 2015, 10:33:37 PM »

Changed your mind since around 2 o`clock this afternoon re Mr Grime`s deployment of Eddie?

Not at all.   I think he was a little too enthusiastic about concentrating on the Renault - which was obviously the McCanns.  Unprofessional, but not a crime.

Offline mercury

« Reply #1866 on: August 04, 2015, 10:35:16 PM »
You show total ignorance of what the alerts signify......we already know maddie may have died in the apartment
What else do the dogs...woof woof....add to that

You might want to rephrase all that as it seems you have "jumbled up thinking", PS still awaiting a reply to my question, or was it too difficult?

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #1867 on: August 04, 2015, 10:38:16 PM »
You show total ignorance of what the alerts signify......we already know maddie may have died in the apartment
What else do the dogs...woof woof....add to that

If you look at Grime's report there are many cases where Eddie has alerted and forensics found no evidence. They were caught because they confessed. Eddie was correct in his cadaver scent alerts in missing person cases and that is an undeniable FACT!
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline mercury

« Reply #1868 on: August 04, 2015, 10:39:15 PM »
I assume you are familiar with the works of Duarte Levy?  Why is his name of this video?

I know nothing about him really. I can only guess his name is on the video because he has managed to get a copy from the police when the files were released and then edited it somehow. Whether its editing five hours to one and a half or somethng else, ie sequence, I cannot say, Sorry. If you know, do share. Does your answer mean NO, he wasn't there at the time the video was made then?

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #1869 on: August 04, 2015, 10:52:42 PM »
I know nothing about him really. I can only guess his name is on the video because he has managed to get a copy from the police when the files were released and then edited it somehow. Whether its editing five hours to one and a half or somethng else, ie sequence, I cannot say, Sorry. If you know, do share. Does your answer mean NO, he wasn't there at the time the video was made then?

I think any sensible person would agree with you. To think Levy was there and part of the police investigation team is mental  @)(++(*
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline mercury

« Reply #1870 on: August 04, 2015, 11:02:50 PM »
I think any sensible person would agree with you. To think Levy was there and part of the police investigation team is mental  @)(++(*

Just a little LOL. But some here have said thats what happened.

Offline Carew

« Reply #1871 on: August 04, 2015, 11:06:23 PM »
The question I have is why, if there's no way of knowing what the dog alerted to and as unconscious handler bias is a proven phenomenon in dog searches, people like you set so much store by these dog alerts?

Strangely enough, it is the need to devote such time and effort into reinforcing the two points you make on a daily basis which demonstrates the store you and others set by these dog alerts.

It is very revealing.

Were there no doggie threads, "people like me" .......(whatever that means ).....wouldn`t add one.

The two points you make are generalised factors in dog searches; but their existence does not remove the possibility that the cadaver of the missing person could have prompted the alerts in this particular, individual case.

« Last Edit: August 04, 2015, 11:09:10 PM by Carew »

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #1872 on: August 04, 2015, 11:20:34 PM »
Strangely enough, it is the need to devote such time and effort into reinforcing the two points you make on a daily basis which demonstrates the store you and others set by these dog alerts.

It is very revealing.

Were there no doggie threads, "people like me" .......(whatever that means ).....wouldn`t add one.

The two points you make are generalised factors in dog searches; but their existence does not remove the possibility that the cadaver of the missing person could have prompted the alerts in this particular, individual case.
I don't set any store whatsoever in the dog alerts.  I'm just continually bemused by the almost religious fervour that the dogs have inspired and continue to inspire amongst the "sceptic" community.  You can't suggest the dogs are fallible without it seemingly causing great offence.  Personally, I'd be delighted if I never saw another reference to the dogs ever again but all the while they are revered (and let's face it their alerts are the single most important piece of schmevidence the "sceptics" have) the dogs will continue to be discussed. 
« Last Edit: August 05, 2015, 05:24:49 PM by Anna »

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #1873 on: August 04, 2015, 11:21:49 PM »

It is very revealing.

I am in that club and don't know what it means either.
There seems to be, in some quarters, an unhealthy obsession with talking about dogs and "Smithmen".
It is probably akin to the bicycle shed in "Parkinson's Law".
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #1874 on: August 04, 2015, 11:25:10 PM »
"People like you" in this instance are people who consider the dog alerts highly important and relevant to the current investigation, a vital piece of evidence.