Author Topic: Amaral and the dogs  (Read 844672 times)

Offline Mr Gray

Re: Amaral and the dogs
« Reply #2130 on: August 12, 2015, 05:14:56 PM »
No it doesn't.

Since the alerts also can signify a death.

Down to probability.

and Mr. Mccann in his interview said 'dogs are incredibly unreliable'.

&%&£(+ &%&£(+ &%&£(+

The fact that it accepted Maddie may still be alive prove the alerts are unreliable in proving the previous presence of a cadaver

stephen25000

« Reply #2131 on: August 12, 2015, 05:16:47 PM »
The fact that it accepted Maddie may still be alive prove the alerts are unreliable in proving the previous presence of a cadaver

So where is she ?

Personally I don't believe in fairy stories.

So let's for a change have realism in your answers.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #2132 on: August 12, 2015, 05:19:28 PM »
The fact that it is accepted that Maddie may still be alive says all we need to know about the alerts

The sad thing is that our scepticism about Dog Alerts is so badly misunderstood.  If scepticism is even the word.
Some of us are really only interested in what it all amounts to.  Which is actually nothing much at all.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #2133 on: August 12, 2015, 05:22:54 PM »
I don't know what to make of Poacher. I'm sceptical as this person seems to have had a personal gripe against either Grime or the other agency employing dogs.

I did come across a different HRD handler (US?) who seemed much more objective to me... I've posted the link here before, and will add it again if and when I find it.

ETA:

http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=6311.msg255256#msg255256

An American dog handler in The Casey Anthony Case said more or less the same thing.  Cadaver Dogs will alert to other bits and pieces in the absence of a body.

Sorry, I don't have a link to the video, but I expect that someone more able than I could find it.

stephen25000

« Reply #2134 on: August 12, 2015, 05:23:43 PM »
The sad thing is that our scepticism about Dog Alerts is so badly misunderstood.  If scepticism is even the word.
Some of us are really only interested in what it all amounts to.  Which is actually nothing much at all.

Now that could all change Eleanor if  a body is found.

Likewise if dogs are of no use, why were they taken to Portugal last year by the SY team, including spaniels of course.

ferryman

« Reply #2135 on: August 12, 2015, 05:27:42 PM »
There are actually 3 FOI answers (two in my possession) that, between them confirm Eddie was never sent to America to be trained on human remains.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #2136 on: August 12, 2015, 05:28:17 PM »
Now that could all change Eleanor if  a body is found.

Likewise if dogs are of no use, why were they taken to Portugal last year by the SY team, including spaniels of course.

The Dogs are a tool, Stephen.  They are not definitive in their own right.

If a body is found?  What will that tell us?

stephen25000

« Reply #2137 on: August 12, 2015, 05:31:21 PM »
The Dogs are a tool, Stephen.  They are not definitive in their own right.

If a body is found?  What will that tell us?

The forensic examination could reveal the dogs were correct in indicating the possible presence  of a  body.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #2138 on: August 12, 2015, 05:31:38 PM »
There are actually 3 FOI answers (two in my possession) that, between them confirm Eddie was never sent to America to be trained on human remains.

I believe this to be true.  But it wouldn't make a lot of difference if he had been.  He didn't find a body.  And even his handler couldn't say what he was reacting to.

Grandstanding, pure and simple.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #2139 on: August 12, 2015, 05:32:53 PM »
The forensic examination could reveal the dogs were correct in indicating the possible presence  of a  body.

Could and Possible.

stephen25000

« Reply #2140 on: August 12, 2015, 05:34:24 PM »
Could and Possible.

However, I doubt very much this case will ever be solved.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #2141 on: August 12, 2015, 05:37:01 PM »
However, I doubt very much this case will ever be solved.

I might agree with you on that.

stephen25000

« Reply #2142 on: August 12, 2015, 05:38:44 PM »
I might agree with you on that.

Are  we setting a precedent ?

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #2143 on: August 12, 2015, 05:57:35 PM »
Are  we setting a precedent ?

I don't know, Stephen.  I always prefer to agree with everyone, if I possibly can.  But too many missing children have been found many years later when they obviously left no trace.  And were presumed dead.

I think I'll just go on hoping.

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #2144 on: August 12, 2015, 07:01:32 PM »

Ask him.

Rex Stockham
FBI Canine Program Manager at FBI

https://www.linkedin.com/pub/rex-stockham/39/6a8/aa0

Forensic Canine Program Manager
FBI
May 2005 – Present (10 years 4 months)Fredericksburg, VA
Developed and implemented the FBI's Human Scent Evidence Team (HSET) and Victim Recovery Team (VRT) programs. Provide canine-related search assistance and subject matter expert testimony. Train and certify Forensic Canine Program canines.
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.