Author Topic: Amaral and the dogs  (Read 844944 times)

Offline Mr Gray

Re: Amaral and the dogs
« Reply #2745 on: August 17, 2015, 09:39:52 AM »
Have you any direct physical experience of seeing how dogs 'work' in the field ?

Videos, give a false perception.

none of us need to see dogs working to understand what is going on. The video has been edited to show the dogs in a more favourable light...that's it. Originally according to the PJ .eddie ignored things on many occasions before signalling...we have been sold  a lie for  8 years...

Offline Anna

« Reply #2746 on: August 17, 2015, 09:41:36 AM »
Eddie alerts to living scents

What i cant understand is why all this palava over him aparantly alerting at a shelf in a cupboard?  What if the dirty washing from a living Madeleine had been stored there?   There would be a scent then, would there not?

And Eddie who was trained to alert to living scents would have alerted.

None of us know for certain what Eddie was trained to alert too, Sadie. Only the trainer would know that. However we do know that he could alert to blood from a living person (which had dried) and IIRC, he alerted to semen on a tissue in another case.

X contamination could be another cause for alerts. False alert is also a possibility.

Living scent as in a human scent, would be everywhere in the apartment.

SAR dogs who do this kind of search (live victims) usually do so in searching outside areas or areas of disasters, they will also find a cadaver if one is present.

Please feel free to correct me on any of the above, which is only my opinion.
“You should not honour men more than truth.”
― Plato

Offline Carew

« Reply #2747 on: August 17, 2015, 09:43:48 AM »
Eddie alerts to living scents

What i cant understand is why all this palava over him aparantly alerting at a shelf in a cupboard?  What if the dirty washing from a living Madeleine had been stored there?   There would be a scent then, would there not?

And Eddie who was trained to alert to living scents would have alerted.

Would he and other VRD`s be likely to alert to dirty washing/ clothes which had been worn at investigation sites everywhere, then.......as a result of their "training?"

Why don`t the  many "living scents" of all sorts everywhere lead to constant alerting from the moment the dog is "on duty?"

Offline sadie

« Reply #2748 on: August 17, 2015, 09:44:29 AM »
none of us need to see dogs working to understand what is going on. The video has been edited to show the dogs in a more favourable light...that's it. Originally according to the PJ .eddie ignored things on many occasions before signalling...we have been sold  a lie for  8 years...
8@??)(

And not only that, we NOW find that Eddie alerts to living scents as well as the scents associated with a cadavar

What is going on with all this disinformation ?

stephen25000

« Reply #2749 on: August 17, 2015, 09:45:51 AM »

That post merely highlights your ignorance on how dogs operate in the field.

As to 'lies', that started with the unproven story of the abduction.

Offline Carew

« Reply #2750 on: August 17, 2015, 09:47:43 AM »
8@??)(

And not only that, we NOW find that Eddie alerts to living scents as well as the scents associated with a cadavar

What is going on with all this disinformation ?

How do you account for the absence of Eddie`s constant and continual alerting from the word go at sites in which living scents abound?

Offline sadie

« Reply #2751 on: August 17, 2015, 09:49:14 AM »
None of us know for certain what Eddie was trained to alert too, Sadie. Only the trainer would know that. However we do know that he could alert to blood from a living person (which had dried) and IIRC, he alerted to semen on a tissue in another case.

X contamination could be another cause for alerts. False alert is also a possibility.

Living scent as in a human scent, would be everywhere in the apartment.

SAR dogs who do this kind of search (live victims) usually do so in searching outside areas or areas of disasters, they will also find a cadaver if one is present.

Please feel free to correct me on any of the above, which is only my opinion.

I agree Anna, living scent would be thru the apartment, but would be concentrated on Madeleines dirty washing .... and further concentrated had that dirty washing been enclosed as in a cupboard bundled up with other washing.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #2752 on: August 17, 2015, 09:49:35 AM »

In Your Opinion.

Offline sadie

« Reply #2753 on: August 17, 2015, 09:50:41 AM »
How do you account for the absence of Eddie`s constant and continual alerting from the word go at sites in which living scents abound?
See my post immediately above.  Concentrated scent.

Offline sadie

« Reply #2754 on: August 17, 2015, 09:52:52 AM »
Would he and other VRD`s be likely to alert to dirty washing/ clothes which had been worn at investigation sites everywhere, then.......as a result of their "training?"

Why don`t the  many "living scents" of all sorts everywhere lead to constant alerting from the moment the dog is "on duty?"

Depends on what they have been trained to alert to ... imo

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2755 on: August 17, 2015, 09:55:48 AM »

the post highlights that the video has been heavily edited to misrepresent what really happened....the evidence is the statement by the PJ........

so what experience do you have with cadaver dogs ...none no doubt

Offline Carew

« Reply #2756 on: August 17, 2015, 09:58:55 AM »
See my post immediately above.  Concentrated scent.

You feel the dog would go for the strongest scent, which is possibly irrelevant to the investigation ......

.......i.e. alert to a pile of used towels or urine stained toddler shorts but ignore an area of significance from which an actual cadaver lay and was removed because its scent was weaker or not as "concentrated?"

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2757 on: August 17, 2015, 09:59:50 AM »

how do you account for eddie continually failing to alert to something....many times according to the pj....and then marking the object...

Offline Carew

« Reply #2758 on: August 17, 2015, 10:03:16 AM »
how do you account for eddie continually failing to alert to something....many times according to the pj....and then marking the object...

I hoped the many self appointed experts here would help with the answers to my questions, thanks in advance.

Offline Anna

« Reply #2759 on: August 17, 2015, 10:04:06 AM »
Last warning.............................Topic please. And leave out the personal comments
“You should not honour men more than truth.”
― Plato