Author Topic: Amaral and the dogs  (Read 844779 times)

Offline Carana

Re: Amaral and the dogs
« Reply #3870 on: August 25, 2015, 10:44:21 AM »
The results of the analysis were inconclusive alfred.

Where? You don't mean 5A, do you? Even Amaral lost interest in the DNA results behind the sofa in 5A. Keela didn't alert in the bedroom, so no swabs were even taken there.

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #3871 on: August 25, 2015, 10:50:10 AM »

Errm..........below isn`t an example of your name- calling and cop-out bluster then?
That`s the post of yours I replied to this morning.

"Whatever.  You win.  The dog alerts are extremely important evidence and probably almost definitely maybe prove the McCanns dunnit.  There you go, that's right isn't it? 

See I can be facetious too... 8)--)) "
How does my post serve as an example of name-calling, exactly?  Facetious yes, bluster - well, in your opinion.   8)-)))

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #3872 on: August 25, 2015, 10:51:17 AM »
The article indicated, over a 90% success rate.
Of what?  Eddie and Keela?

stephen25000

« Reply #3873 on: August 25, 2015, 10:54:43 AM »
Of what?  Eddie and Keela?

Read the report.

1998, by the way.

Offline Carew

« Reply #3874 on: August 25, 2015, 10:56:28 AM »
How does my post serve as an example of name-calling, exactly?  Facetious yes, bluster - well, in your opinion.   8)-)))

.........and so another nit-pickers` convention is back in session for the day.

Enjoy   ?{)(**

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #3875 on: August 25, 2015, 11:15:35 AM »

.........and so another nit-pickers` convention is back in session for the day.

Enjoy   ?{)(**
You accused me of "name-calling", your accusation had no basis in fact.  Good bye, have a nice day &8#£%

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #3876 on: August 25, 2015, 11:16:11 AM »
Short attention span, perhaps, Carana has already posted re the arguido status.
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=6311.msg265965#msg265965

"Maybe those that followed" were not beguiled by the same eagerness Mr Amaral had to lay charges based on the dogs' visit combined with dream interpretations but chose instead to follow the evidence ... which as we know led to no charges against Madeleine's parents.

We do indeed but you failed to address to my question. If it were that cut and dried why take another nine months to lift the arguido status.
As for my attention span it is longer than your ability to make a post without a sneer  8(0(*
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

ferryman

« Reply #3877 on: August 25, 2015, 11:20:00 AM »
We do indeed but you failed to address to my question. If it were that cut and dried why take another nine months to lift the arguido status.
As for my attention span it is longer than your ability to make a post without a sneer  8(0(*

Rebello probably needed that long to clear up the mess he inherited from Amaral so he could hand the process over to the prosecutors in a fit state to be perused ....

Offline John

« Reply #3878 on: August 25, 2015, 11:20:16 AM »
This thread seems to have grown legs if you excuse the pun.

Members have been well warned by moderators as to the consequences of breaching forum rules on a regular basis, I want to remind all members that bad behaviour will be rewarded with sanctions.  Please keep posts friendly and to the point guys.  TY
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #3879 on: August 25, 2015, 11:25:54 AM »
Read the report.

1998, by the way.
I can't read the report as you won't supply the link.  So, if it was written in 1998 we know that whatever it was about it wasn't about Eddie & Keela's accuracy.  But - if it was about cadaver dogs in general being 90% accurate, and Eddie and Keela were the best dogs in the world ever why do you only rate their alerts at 70-80%?

ferryman

« Reply #3880 on: August 25, 2015, 11:27:20 AM »
Returning, for a moment, to this business of a suggestion of scent (be it cadaver or whatever) within Eddie's scent-range, stemming from sources other than the ignition key: there would have been a very simple way to test that.

They could have got Eddie to re-examine the vehicle with the ignition key removed.

Well, I say very simple, considering how long it took Eddie to react to the vehicle first time, perhaps not so simple.

But I'm sure you get the drift ....

stephen25000

« Reply #3881 on: August 25, 2015, 11:28:16 AM »
I can't read the report as you won't supply the link.  So, if it was written in 1998 we know that whatever it was about it wasn't about Eddie & Keela's accuracy.  But - if it was about cadaver dogs in general being 90% accurate, and Eddie and Keela were the best dogs in the world ever why do you only rate their alerts at 70-80%?

Perhaps you should learn to read what I posted earlier.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #3882 on: August 25, 2015, 11:43:02 AM »
Go ahead.

good...I'm at work at the moment so we can discus it this afternoon

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #3883 on: August 25, 2015, 11:45:51 AM »

I am going to get cross in a minute.

Offline Carana

« Reply #3884 on: August 25, 2015, 11:51:56 AM »
Another question: remembering, always, that they were looking for Madeleine's blood, what was the basis of supposition that it might be found on the ignition key of a car hired 3 weeks after her abduction?

A bit odd, isn't it?

That whoever handled the non-existent gooey mess in the boot also drove the car? Or that the key card had fallen onto it?

If Grime is correct that Keela can identify blood to molecular level, then that molecule of blood could belong to anyone since the key card was manufactured. As the GP, that doesn't seem to explain Eddie's reactions (his lack of reaction to where this gooey mess in the boot was supposed to have been, nor his reaction to the key card).

I think it was Misty who questioned whether the door compartment was subjected to the same verification as the key card, which is why I went back to check. So far, there seems to be no indication that the door storage compartment itself was subject to particular scrutiny by both dogs. Keela's alert to it isn't on the video. There is no mention of the door being opened either on the video, nor in the report, as to whether the door was opened for Eddie to have a sniff of the inside of the door.

When driving, I find that it's the most convenient storage area for anything I need to grab or stuff somewhere other than on the passenger seat. Maps come out, water and sandwiches, tissues / food wrapping go in.