Author Topic: Amaral and the dogs  (Read 844770 times)

stephen25000

Re: Amaral and the dogs
« Reply #4095 on: August 27, 2015, 03:17:50 PM »

“Alas, poor Yorick! I knew him—yet somehow I did not realize that he was a cow.”

http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2012/02/27/beware-of-the-dogs

Pure bullocks. 8**8:/:

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #4096 on: August 27, 2015, 03:27:06 PM »
Pure bullocks. 8**8:/:

I don't even read her propaganda BS.
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline pegasus

« Reply #4097 on: August 27, 2015, 03:31:51 PM »
http://youtu.be/Zqoj-pfBUnY
Contains lots of footage of villa earlier on the same day as the dog video.
Proven same day by "they're not here yet".

Offline pegasus

« Reply #4098 on: August 27, 2015, 03:39:59 PM »
Were they the wet ones the PJ had to retrieve from the full washing machine?
It is possible the pillows and pillowcases and towels on the dining table are from the washdry machine but I don't know. They were not on the table earlier that day. They are interesting only because they ended up in the same box as the listed clothes, which means the listed clothes are near that table.

Offline mercury

« Reply #4099 on: August 27, 2015, 09:23:19 PM »
There is a bunch of bananas, or are people claiming that's a pile of yellow folders and papers?

Bananas are a certain conspicuous shape, hard to misinterpret as folders, whereas very neatly folded flat clothes piles might be seen where papers, folders, tea trays or anything similarly shaped are actually there instead (if they are). We disagree on what we see, it is down to perception in this case and perception only.

Offline mercury

« Reply #4100 on: August 27, 2015, 09:26:43 PM »
I can tell the difference between the dog blowing it's nose out and a bark and that is one sharp bark.
It could be heard as a bark.
The problem here is when Eddie has barked to alert, he has always given several barks as the indication.This was not an indication,IMO, and was not recorded as one either.

The 'untrained puppy' pulling on the leash almost strangling himself behaviour shown by Eddie outside 5A is not in my opinion the behaviour one would expect from a trained working dog.

Eddie was not a puppy, neither did he almost "strangle himself" and neither was he an untrained or non working dog. Your opinion doesn't really count and isn't remotely relevant to anything of substance as you are, presumably, not a dog handler and not in any position to expect anything at all. To even throw out the notion that you may know better than Mr Grime, a seasoned policeman and dog handler with nearly three decades of experience, is, at the very best, the height of  such astonishing arrogance and brazenness.

« Last Edit: August 27, 2015, 10:02:23 PM by mercury »

Offline pegasus

« Reply #4101 on: August 27, 2015, 10:08:24 PM »
The 'untrained puppy' pulling on the leash almost strangling himself behaviour shown by Eddie outside 5A is not in my opinion the behaviour one would expect from a trained working dog.

Taken in conjunction with the loud frenetic panting emanating from Eddie while he was working has always seemed a bit strange to me and I think adds up to a boy who was having difficulty with the warm Portuguese climate.

I have read in various places that a panting dog is not an efficient dog ... which seems a reasonable conclusion to reach and if you have ever been slavered over you will appreciate that ...

**Snip
Then there’s endurance: performance changes over time.

Dogs get tired, and less reliable, as the day goes on, just as we might.

As for conditions, odors change in the weather, and dogs do, too.

When they’re panting, dogs don’t sniff as readily as they normally might; an overly warm dog, forced to pant to cool himself, has a less reliable nose.

And while we don’t think of odors as seasonal (until, upon reflection, we remember: there is a smell of spring, of summer; the odors of winter are fewer), smells are more volatile in warm weather, and travel and disperse differently than in the cold.
This too affects detection rates.
http://www.newyorker.com/news/news-desk/the-limits-of-detection
On the same video you can see Eddie's behaviour outside the front door of 5B. Compare.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #4102 on: August 27, 2015, 10:26:44 PM »
The problem here is when Eddie has barked to alert, he has always given several barks as the indication.This was not an indication,IMO, and was not recorded as one either.

Eddie was not a puppy, neither did he almost "strangle himself" and neither was he an untrained or non working dog. Your opinion doesn't really count and isn't remotely relevant to anything of substance as you are, presumably, not a dog handler and not in any position to expect anything at all. To even throw out the notion that you may know better than Mr Grime, a seasoned policeman and dog handler with nearly three decades of experience, is, at the very best, the height of  such astonishing arrogance and brazenness.

Get a grip on yourself please ...  you seem to be suggesting that one has to be an expert to recognise the behaviour typical of a dog which has not been trained to walk on the lead without pulling and choking?

I have observed Eddie doing just that ... and every dog I have ever had has been trained to 'stay' when told and to walk at my side whether on the lead or not, but when on the lead never to pull as Eddie did on that video clip ... which rather suggests that in that discipline at least, my training methods and the training methods of thousands of owners, are indeed far superior to Mr Grime's.

"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #4103 on: August 27, 2015, 10:27:05 PM »

I think the opinion of the PJ is worth something . They were very critical of the dog's behaviour when they ignored  sites several times before being called back over and over again before alerting. no wonder grime says the alerts are of no evidential reliability

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #4104 on: August 27, 2015, 10:28:30 PM »
Get a grip on yourself please ...  you seem to be suggesting that one has to be an expert to recognise the behaviour typical of a dog which has not been trained to walk on the lead without pulling and choking?

I have observed Eddie doing just that ... and every dog I have ever had has been trained to 'stay' when told and to walk at my side whether on the lead or not, but when on the lead never to pull as Eddie did on that video clip ... which rather suggests that in that discipline at least, my training methods and the training methods of thousands of owners, are indeed far superior to Mr Grime's.

I think Grime has been very careful to cover himself by completely playing down the significance of the alerts

Offline Brietta

« Reply #4105 on: August 27, 2015, 10:37:04 PM »
I think Grime has been very careful to cover himself by completely playing down the significance of the alerts

I think it possible initially he was aghast when the videos were posted on-line ... then no publicity is bad publicity when it comes to marketing 'Dogs Don't Lie' merchandise.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline mercury

« Reply #4106 on: August 27, 2015, 10:45:46 PM »

I repeat, you are not a cadaver or any other police dog handler, or Eddies handler, it really is that simple, and it matters not that you have had a dog  and it did what you said, or that Eleanor had one who pissed as she said on her carpet, we all know what your games are by now...discredit either the dog or the handler, introduce pathetically spurious reasons for the alerts, whichever is easiest at any given time, admit it, you don't like the fact that a cadaver dog alerted at the last place a missing child was seen, that's the nub....it may be, in a month of Sunday's probably though, that the alerts meant nothing at all, but your approach sure doesn't do much to convince, it actually has the opposite effect, unfortunately for you

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #4107 on: August 27, 2015, 10:55:33 PM »
I repeat, you are not a cadaver or any other police dog handler, or Eddies handler, it really is that simple, and it matters not that you have had a dog  and it did what you said, or that Eleanor had one who pissed as she said on her carpet, we all know what your games are by now...discredit either the dog or the handler, introduce pathetically spurious reasons for the alerts, whichever is easiest at any given time, admit it, you don't like the fact that a cadaver dog alerted at the last place a missing child was seen, that's the nub....it may be, in a month of Sunday's probably though, that the alerts meant nothing at all, but your approach sure doesn't do much to convince, it actually has the opposite effect, unfortunately for you

and you and all the other posters are not cadaver dog handlers...but what we do know is that THE cadaver dog handler says his dog's alerts a have no evidential reliability...as far as i am concerned the alerts are worthless...and grime agrees with me

Offline mercury

« Reply #4108 on: August 27, 2015, 11:01:25 PM »
and you and all the other posters are not cadaver dog handlers...but what we do know is that THE cadaver dog handler says his dog's alerts a have no evidential reliability...as far as i am concerned the alerts are worthless...and grime agrees with me

Nope, you are wrong, yet again, alerts are without forensic evidence  unconfirmed "indications" as stated by Mark Harrison and Martin Grime..."indications"

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #4109 on: August 27, 2015, 11:05:07 PM »
Nope, you are wrong, yet again, alerts are without forensic evidence  unconfirmed "indications" as stated by Mark Harrison and Martin Grime..."indications"

no....cite please..you are making it up