Author Topic: Amaral and the dogs  (Read 844874 times)

Offline Lace

Re: Amaral and the dogs
« Reply #5370 on: September 11, 2015, 12:37:01 PM »
You are kidding, aren't you ?

No,   no one knows what a cadaver dog can smell,  this dog could be trained with a scent that the trainer knows it will recognise.

Offline Lace

« Reply #5371 on: September 11, 2015, 12:40:17 PM »
No evidence, no case, no prosecution.

As to policing , the mccanns and associates should all have been interviewed formally at the start of the SY investigation.

They have never said they did, as they have with other people.

Why would SY say they interviewed the McCann's?   They no doubt started at the beginning and the beginning would be to interview the McCann's and friends,   because they don't put a notice in the paper saying 'Look we are interviewing the McCann's'   didn't mean they didn't.

With you the abductor [yes I believe Madeleine was abducted]   would have had to leave a selfie before you believed she was abducted.

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #5372 on: September 11, 2015, 01:09:07 PM »
The suggestion that the dogs somehow contributed something meaningful to the sum of knowledge about what happened to Madeleine?

Yes, it does ....

Who's been a naughty boy then Charon tampering with my post?
I thought that was without forum rules?
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline Anna

« Reply #5373 on: September 11, 2015, 01:17:21 PM »
Slipping Off topic.
“You should not honour men more than truth.”
― Plato

stephen25000

« Reply #5374 on: September 11, 2015, 01:19:02 PM »
No,   no one knows what a cadaver dog can smell,  this dog could be trained with a scent that the trainer knows it will recognise.

Have you read your own post here ?

Dogs are trained to respond to specific stimuli, as in the example I gave earlier.

What don't you understated about that ?

stephen25000

« Reply #5375 on: September 11, 2015, 01:21:33 PM »
Why would SY say they interviewed the McCann's?   They no doubt started at the beginning and the beginning would be to interview the McCann's and friends,   because they don't put a notice in the paper saying 'Look we are interviewing the McCann's'   didn't mean they didn't.

With you the abductor [yes I believe Madeleine was abducted]   would have had to leave a selfie before you believed she was abducted.

They stated they were interviewing other people and this was broadcast in the media.

It has never been once confirmed the mccanns or the rest have been interviewed.

As to an abductor...............................

Where's the evidence ?

Offline Lace

« Reply #5376 on: September 11, 2015, 01:47:18 PM »

Have you read your own post here ?

Dogs are trained to respond to specific stimuli, as in the example I gave earlier.

What don't you understated about that ?

No one knows what makes up the scent of cadaver that the dogs smell,  it's not something a trainer can mix up in a bowl.

So when a cadaver dog alerts,   it could be a number of things,  they could even alert to decaying vegetation.

Where as a dog trained to alert to drugs or whatever can be given that scent as the trainer would know what to give the dog.

stephen25000

« Reply #5377 on: September 11, 2015, 01:53:43 PM »
No one knows what makes up the scent of cadaver that the dogs smell,  it's not something a trainer can mix up in a bowl.

So when a cadaver dog alerts,   it could be a number of things,  they could even alert to decaying vegetation.

Where as a dog trained to alert to drugs or whatever can be given that scent as the trainer would know what to give the dog.

Oh dear, here we go again.

Dogs are trained to respond to a specific group of compounds.

It is then up to the forensic team to collect and analyse samples collected.

As a reminder, no pig residues were found.

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #5378 on: September 11, 2015, 01:54:45 PM »
Eddie trained with real pure human cadaver scent.

The enhanced training of the dog has also involved the use of collection of 'cadaver scent'
odor from human corpses using remote technical equipment which does not
contact the subject. This method is comparable to the simulation of cross
contamination. It does however differ in that the remote scent samples
recovery does not involve subject matter and therefore is a 'pure' scent
sample. The dog has since initial training gained considerable experience in
successfully operationally locating human remains and evidential forensic
material. (MG)

Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #5379 on: September 11, 2015, 01:55:38 PM »
There is a huge difference between criticism based on opinion and inconsistencies which are recorded and factual.

The McCanns have not been found guilty of any crime, true. They would have to be charged and tried for that to happen. Even so, they were made arguidos and that didn't happen just because a couple of dogs alerted, there were other reasons too.

Finally, I would be grateful if you would leave analysis of my motives and character out of the debate. I don't accuse you of character defects because it's meaningless, I don't know you and you don't know me.
I don't need to know you - I judge you by your posts alone and IMO it is hypocritical to lament the fact that Grime and his dogs have been criticised here, whilst at the same time repeatedly and often criticising the McCanns.   You may think you are entitled to, but who put Grime and the dogs above criticism in your view?

Offline Lace

« Reply #5380 on: September 11, 2015, 02:00:17 PM »
Eddie trained with real pure human cadaver scent.

The enhanced training of the dog has also involved the use of collection of 'cadaver scent'
odor from human corpses using remote technical equipment which does not
contact the subject. This method is comparable to the simulation of cross
contamination. It does however differ in that the remote scent samples
recovery does not involve subject matter and therefore is a 'pure' scent
sample. The dog has since initial training gained considerable experience in
successfully operationally locating human remains and evidential forensic
material. (MG)

You cannot compare a cadaver dog with other dogs trained to detect drugs etc.

Can I ask you,   what did Eddie alert to in Jersey?  Could it have been decaying vegetation?   What did Grime say about the alert?

Offline Lace

« Reply #5381 on: September 11, 2015, 02:03:26 PM »
Oh dear, here we go again.

Dogs are trained to respond to a specific group of compounds.

It is then up to the forensic team to collect and analyse samples collected.

As a reminder, no pig residues were found.

Here is a snip from an article about cadaver dogs -

A trained human cadaver dog will not signal a living person or an animal (except pigs), but it will signal a recently deceased, putrefying or skeletonised human corpse. That suggests that the "bouquet of death" is discernible, but attempts to identify it have so far failed. Two of the by-products of decomposition, putrescine and cadaverine, have been bottled and are commercially available as dog training aids. But they are also present in all decaying organic material, and in human saliva.

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #5382 on: September 11, 2015, 02:10:42 PM »
You cannot compare a cadaver dog with other dogs trained to detect drugs etc.

Can I ask you,   what did Eddie alert to in Jersey?  Could it have been decaying vegetation?   What did Grime say about the alert?

I don't know that Eddie alerted to in that case because I haven't seen the police files. A cadaver doesn't need to be still there for a dog to alert to the scent. The dogs in the Zapata case alerted 25 years later and no body was there but a body had been there.

The dog has also been trained to identify cadaver scent contamination where
there is no physically retrievable evidence, due to scent adhering to pervious
material such as carpet or the upholstery in motor vehicles. (MG)
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline Lace

« Reply #5383 on: September 11, 2015, 02:11:44 PM »
Another snip for you Stephen -

(1) Sometimes they get waylaid by any decaying organic matter (e.g. a rotten log), and similar chemical signatures make it impossible for them to distinguish between humans and pigs. Thus, handlers are taught always to be on the alert for false positives; and

stephen25000

« Reply #5384 on: September 11, 2015, 02:15:42 PM »
Another snip for you Stephen -

(1) Sometimes they get waylaid by any decaying organic matter (e.g. a rotten log), and similar chemical signatures make it impossible for them to distinguish between humans and pigs. Thus, handlers are taught always to be on the alert for false positives; and

Here's a little snip for you.

I already know that.

No 'rotten logs' were in the apartment.

No pig residue was detected.

Next................
« Last Edit: September 11, 2015, 02:21:49 PM by stephen25000 »