Author Topic: What was Julie going to use the bike for ?  (Read 8812 times)

Offline APRIL

Re: What was Julie going to use the bike for ?
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2014, 08:37:51 PM »
That is a long way for Julie to cycle.

But three/four miles to the Red Lion pub at D'Arcy, where she could leave the bike, isn't.

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2014, 08:42:26 PM »
That is a long way for Julie to cycle.

She doesn't look particularly active to me then or now so maybe.

I would like to know what JM's plans were for the summer of '85 pre tragedy?  She was a full-time student at that time.  Her WS said she always had hol jobs.  In her WS of 8th Aug she says JB told her not to go to work.  Where was she working?  The previous summer she had spent at GH?
Just my opinion of course but Jeremy Bamber is innocent and a couple from UK, unknown to T9, abducted Madeleine McCann - motive unknown.  Was J J murdered as a result of identifying as a goth?

Offline Myster

« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2014, 08:53:05 PM »
When interviewed Jeremy Bamber after a bit of obfuscation admitted that he brought the bicycle over to his cottage "a few days before the murders".  How strange then that in the months preceding, Bamber told JM he might use one to ride to WHF and kill his family.

June Bamber's bicycle parked outside the kitchen, and the open window through which JB is alleged to have left WHF...

[attachment deleted by admin]
It's one of them cases, in'it... one of them f*ckin' cases.

Offline adam

« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2014, 09:02:13 PM »
She doesn't look particularly active to me then or now so maybe.

I would like to know what JM's plans were for the summer of '85 pre tragedy?  She was a full-time student at that time.  Her WS said she always had hol jobs.  In her WS of 8th Aug she says JB told her not to go to work.  Where was she working?  The previous summer she had spent at GH?

Maybe she was a look out.

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2014, 09:30:07 PM »
When interviewed Jeremy Bamber after a bit of obfuscation admitted that he brought the bicycle over to his cottage "a few days before the murders".  How strange then that in the months preceding, Bamber told JM he might use one to ride to WHF and kill his family.

June Bamber's bicycle parked outside the kitchen, and the open window through which JB is alleged to have left WHF...

Sounds pretty straightforward to me:

http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=296.0;attach=1220

http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=296.0;attach=1222

JM was a full-time student.  She spent the hols at GH.  JB was working at WHF.  GH is a sleepy village and a bike was a means for JM getting out and about eg Maldon is 4.7 miles away.  I think I'm right in saying JM didn't have a driving licence and therefore unable to drop JB off at WHF and have his wheels for the day?

Just my opinion of course but Jeremy Bamber is innocent and a couple from UK, unknown to T9, abducted Madeleine McCann - motive unknown.  Was J J murdered as a result of identifying as a goth?

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2014, 09:31:19 PM »
Maybe she was a look out.

No maybe about that!

Offline adam

« Reply #21 on: December 22, 2014, 09:33:27 PM »

Forget about Jeremy not being seen dead on the bike. I'm not sure Julie would either.

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #22 on: December 22, 2014, 09:56:16 PM »
Sounds pretty straightforward to me:

http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=296.0;attach=1220

http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=296.0;attach=1222

JM was a full-time student.  She spent the hols at GH.  JB was working at WHF.  GH is a sleepy village and a bike was a means for JM getting out and about eg Maldon is 4.7 miles away.  I think I'm right in saying JM didn't have a driving licence and therefore unable to drop JB off at WHF and have his wheels for the day?

I guess JM didn't have a driving licence otherwise JB would have considered giving her June's car and not given it to JM's mother, Mary Mugford?

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #23 on: December 23, 2014, 05:04:49 PM »
The following link opens up a 1985 calendar:

http://www.timeanddate.com/calendar/?year=1985&country=9

Schools normally break up around the end of the third or fourth week of July for the six week summer holiday returning around the beginning of September.  Most universities finish around mid June and restart late September.  I believe JM was a full-time student at this time and during previous hols she had spent much time at GH with JB.  Had the tragedy at WHF not have occurred and the relationship no doubt rumbled on until it eventually fizzled out, did she plan to spend the summer at GH hence June's bike brought from WHF for her use?  It seems to me the pair were still an item pre-tragedy but maybe JB had it at the back of his mind he was going to call time on the relationship when it suited.  I'm sure we've all done that ie with someone and quite happy short to medium term but don't see yourself sharing your dotage with that person.

We know JM had undertaken some work experience in a school which she found difficult hence the need for sleeping pills but schools would be closed for the summer hol.  Or was she involved in some sort of summer camp or after school club etc?  I don't think these were around 1985? 

JM moved house late Aug/early Sep.  She also intended taking a hol to Malta with JB which he shelved due to other commitments.  The plan was then for JM to go with Liz. 

What work commitments did JM have on 7th August when JB phoned and said "don't go to work the police car is picking you up"?

http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=282.0;attach=1012

Offline Myster

« Reply #24 on: December 23, 2014, 06:12:48 PM »
Your obsessed with Julie's work... is it that important?

To put your overactive mind at rest, it was probably the part-time playleader's job which she took on either as part of her coursework or simply for experience of dealing with young children.  I think the WHF incident and Jeremy Bamber's involvement in it had disturbed Julie so much that she had difficulty in keeping the job going.  Hence his payment of 2 x £400 cheques to support her after the murders - "expenses" as he called it, or "pay-off" according to her.

As her friends were also asleep in the Lewisham flat when he rang that morning, maybe they had similar work experience to go to.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2014, 06:15:28 PM by Myster »

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #25 on: December 23, 2014, 09:50:28 PM »
Your obsessed with Julie's work... is it that important?

To put your overactive mind at rest, it was probably the part-time playleader's job which she took on either as part of her coursework or simply for experience of dealing with young children.  I think the WHF incident and Jeremy Bamber's involvement in it had disturbed Julie so much that she had difficulty in keeping the job going.  Hence his payment of 2 x £400 cheques to support her after the murders - "expenses" as he called it, or "pay-off" according to her.

As her friends were also asleep in the Lewisham flat when he rang that morning, maybe they had similar work experience to go to.

It's only important in terms of trying to get a handle on whether JM would have a need for the bike if she was spending time at GH during the summer hols.

Yes I think I read she had some role as a part-time play leader or similar but these things normally shut up shop during the summer hols.  They may be available now during the summer hols as more parents work full-time but I'm not so sure they existed 30 years ago?  Yes SB was at the flat too.  Her family home was in Leeds.  She had a boyfriend in London.

One cheque for £400 was in respect of a hol JB was due to take with JM but post tragedy had other commitments. It was also a 21st birthday gift.  The other £400 I don't know I think it was in respect of time JM had off for funerals etc.  Depends which way you look at it I guess: nice gestures or sort of blood money/pay off.

Mushy Sproutmas:

http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=1033.msg208177#msg208177

Offline Myster

« Reply #26 on: December 23, 2014, 10:39:42 PM »
Unless primary schools had shorter holidays. Might have been in a kindergarten where working mothers left their pre-school kids, or maybe a waitressing job. London could have been more advanced with child-care provision in the 80's than the rest of us in the sticks.

Yes I've seen the message, but no sign of any impending submission or new pro-bono lawyer recruited.

Offline guinness

« Reply #27 on: December 23, 2014, 10:53:53 PM »

Or she could have been telling porky pies. Helping the police to get their man because they did not have enough evidence. After all it took 32 interviews to get to the "truth"  She said she knew on the night he had committed the murders so if true the she have been prosecuted for perverting the course of justice. How could she go to the morgue allegedly knowing what she did.

Offline adam

« Reply #28 on: December 24, 2014, 04:41:16 AM »
Julie in her WS says she had 'not previously asked him for a bike'. Although she 'might have suggested it would be useful the previous summer'.

Offline adam

« Reply #29 on: December 24, 2014, 10:47:08 AM »
Or she could have been telling porky pies. Helping the police to get their man because they did not have enough evidence. After all it took 32 interviews to get to the "truth"  She said she knew on the night he had committed the murders so if true the she have been prosecuted for perverting the course of justice. How could she go to the morgue allegedly knowing what she did.

If it takes 32 interviews, that's what it takes.

Her WS is very long. She was the main witness. In such a serious trial everything has to be right. So it's not going to be done in one interview.