Author Topic: Alice.  (Read 11781 times)

Offline Miss Taken Identity

Re: Alice.
« Reply #30 on: February 01, 2020, 11:48:06 PM »
Thank you for starting this thread Eleanor, I didn’t realise Alice, or Anna had died. Life was never boring with Alice around, that’s for sure and his presence, and humour is greatly missed. Could I also pay tribute to Blacksmith who died last year around this time and who, although not a member here as far as I know, for good or ill ( depending on your stance on the case ) added greatly to the sum of our knowledge on the McCann affair, as he called it.

I agree Faith.

I think it is a lovely idea to have a 'gone but not forgotten' thread for those who passed through and passed on.

I enjoyed dear Alice's presence very sharp wit- wonderful man!  I didn't know Anna.  Blacksmith I also miss he really got to the bottom of it. IMO

I also miss Nigel's webpage  maccannfiles.
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

« Reply #31 on: February 01, 2020, 11:51:12 PM »
Blacksmith posted libellous opinion pieces which added nothing to my knowledge of the McCann case.

I doubt that- he sent invites to CR  and challenged them to sue- they didn't - does that not tell you something?

Tells me they wouldn't have a case or the guts to be challenged in UK court.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #32 on: February 02, 2020, 12:09:41 AM »
I doubt that- he sent invites to CR  and challenged them to sue- they didn't - does that not tell you something?

Tells me they wouldn't have a case or the guts to be challenged in UK court.
John replaced the adjective I originally chose with the word “libellous”.  In any case it tells me that Blacksmith was not even a fly worth swatting. 
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

« Reply #33 on: February 02, 2020, 12:15:22 AM »
John replaced the adjective I originally chose with the word “libellous”.  In any case it tells me that Blacksmith was not even a fly worth swatting.

Yes he certainly got the measure of the McCanns and their super fans- who played a part in Brenda's demise.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2020, 12:28:02 AM by Miss Taken Identity »

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #34 on: February 02, 2020, 12:19:20 AM »
Perhaps if you can’t be respectful silence would be wise.
Why should I respect someone‘s views and writings in death that I didn’t respect in life?    I found Blacksmith’s blogs long-winded, pompous, goading, spite-filled, childish and hateful.  There was nothing informative or illuminating about them, they told me nothing factually I didn’t already know.  I’m glad there is no more of his propaganda being lauded on the internet, I am just sorry however that it took for his death to bring them to an end.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #35 on: February 02, 2020, 12:28:11 AM »
Why should I respect someone‘s views and writings in death that I didn’t respect in life?    I found Blacksmith’s blogs long-winded, pompous, goading, spite-filled, childish and hateful.  There was nothing informative or illuminating about them, they told me nothing factually I didn’t already know.  I’m glad there is no more of his propaganda being lauded on the internet, I am just sorry however that it took for his death to bring them to an end.

In answer to your first question, you shouldn’t but perhaps it would be respectful to keep your bile-soaked critique to yourself.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #36 on: February 02, 2020, 09:31:45 AM »
In answer to your first question, you shouldn’t but perhaps it would be respectful to keep your bile-soaked critique to yourself.
It seems freedom of speech only applies when you deem fit.   There are many dead authors whose work is negatively critiqued, I have no doubt Kate’s death (when it happens) will not stop people criticising her book or her actions, or do you think that will be an end to it with only respectful silence ensuing? . 

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #37 on: February 02, 2020, 01:50:56 PM »

Especially as it's based on opinion. No facts, no examples, no evidence being offered.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #38 on: February 02, 2020, 01:58:00 PM »
Especially as it's based on opinion. No facts, no examples, no evidence being offered.

as I have said...i found Alice abusive and insulting  towards some posters here....Ive no intention of supplying evidence....most have seen it. Might be best just to move on and not use it as some sort of points scoring exercise

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #39 on: February 02, 2020, 01:59:07 PM »
Yes he certainly got the measure of the McCanns and their super fans- who played a part in Brenda's demise.

again...why make such a contraversial post...inviting argument

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #40 on: February 02, 2020, 02:22:44 PM »
You think this thread should descend into a row about Blacksmith’s horrible blog posts, with examples?  I would imagine his family have removed that particular legacy from the net if they have any sense at all of what is good and decent.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #41 on: February 02, 2020, 03:38:49 PM »
You think this thread should descend into a row about Blacksmith’s horrible blog posts, with examples?  I would imagine his family have removed that particular legacy from the net if they have any sense at all of what is good and decent.

Nope....delighted to see it’s still there.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #42 on: February 02, 2020, 04:18:39 PM »
Nope....delighted to see it’s still there.
oh well, I obviously overestimated the decency of thr Blacksmith Family then.  Or perhaps they actually have no idea about his blog, let’s hope that is the case.  I must say if I discovered that my father had been responsible for spending so much of his spare time writing up something so unpleasant online I would be so sad and disappointed in him.  Talk about propaganda, it really is some of the worst sort I’ve seen about the McCanns.

Offline sadie

« Reply #43 on: February 03, 2020, 01:04:45 AM »
oh well, I obviously overestimated the decency of thr Blacksmith Family then.  Or perhaps they actually have no idea about his blog, let’s hope that is the case.  I must say if I discovered that my father had been responsible for spending so much of his spare time writing up something so unpleasant online I would be so sad and disappointed in him.  Talk about propaganda, it really is some of the worst sort I’ve seen about the McCanns.

So Blacksmith has died?

Anyone know if Blackwatch, of The Sargeants Inn Blog is still around ?   He was the Guru of discovering family connections, business connections etc.and of historical and background information to do with the case..

His info was most interesting, but suddenly his blog vanished.

« Reply #44 on: February 03, 2020, 05:58:23 PM »
as I have said...i found Alice abusive and insulting  towards some posters here....Ive no intention of supplying evidence....most have seen it. Might be best just to move on and not use it as some sort of points scoring exercise

He out smarted you and VS on many levels.. even the lowest ones. which isn't  all difficult-  And you do not like it.
Surprise.