Author Topic: Cadaver dogs are unreliable - Eugene Zapata  (Read 206518 times)

Offline Brietta

Re: Cadaver dogs are unreliable - Eugene Zapata
« Reply #660 on: November 13, 2018, 05:07:40 PM »
The alerts have only been corroborated in respect of the hire car and the old blood behind the sofa; the necessary criteria to corroborate anything else as specified by Martin Grime didn't happen.

Snip
The interpretation of any alert is given when the dogs recognize a specific odour as a result of a response to the behaviour for which they were trained. This response must then be submitted to a forensic examination in order to draw conclusions.

The dogs' alerts are to be considered as an area of interest or possible testing. When specific and reliable this can only be measured for confirmation.
Forensic confirmation and specialized investigation methods will determine the reasons and the suspicions. In order to undoubtedly affirm there must be a confirmation of the alert signals made by the dog.

« Last Edit: November 13, 2018, 11:43:14 PM by John »
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Brietta

« Reply #661 on: November 13, 2018, 05:18:22 PM »
What would be the point of Martin Grime and the concept of detection dogs if they were to be dismissed so readily. All those unsafe convictions in airports for people being sniffed out for crystal meth secreted in their rear fire escapes, all those caches of PIRA semtex that turned out to be modelling clay that we never found in the provinces, those useless, unreliable dogs, goddamit. I'm rambling again. PTSD.

Dogs cannot be guaranteed to be 100% fail safe ... whatever they may be trained to sniff out ...

French police 'lose' explosives at Marseille airport
Sniffer dogs fail to find explosives during training exercise and gendarmes apparently forget where they hid them

Kim Willsher in Paris
Wed 2 Jul 2014 10.53 BST

French gendarmes in Marseille face being disciplined after reportedly "losing" explosives during a training exercise.

The officers were believed to have hidden the 100g block C-4 plastic explosive – known to experts as a form of Composition C – in the freight section at the city airport for their sniffer dogs to find.

However, the sniffer dogs failed to find the explosives and the gendarmes apparently forgot where they had hidden them.

"There was a surveillance failure," a local official told La Dépêche newspaper. "The explosive was lost." However, he insisted that without a fuse there was no real danger.

C-4, which is similar to semtex, is said to be very stable and able to withstand physical shocks without exploding. During the Vietnam war, American soldiers would sometimes burn small amounts of the explosive to heat their rations.

An inquiry is under way to see if there is a case for official sanctions or legal action against the gendarmes.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/jul/02/french-police-lose-explosives-marseille-airport

« Last Edit: November 13, 2018, 11:44:30 PM by John »
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #662 on: November 13, 2018, 06:12:21 PM »
He was asked twice if the alert confirmed cadaverine... He dodged the question both times imo

I was unable to find the word 'cadaverine' in any of the 14 questions I saw.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2018, 11:45:24 PM by John »
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Sunny

« Reply #663 on: November 13, 2018, 06:44:47 PM »
He was asked twice if the alert confirmed cadaverine... He dodged the question both times imo

Can you give a cite for this Davel. I have looked and read the rogatory statement and I can't see where it is.

Perhaps you can help me.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2018, 11:45:12 PM by John »
Members are reminded that cites must be provided in accordance with the forum rules. On several occasions recently cites have been requested but never provided. Asking for a cite is not goading but compliance.

From this moment onward, posts making significant claims which are not backed up by a cite will be removed.

Moderators and Editors take note!

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #664 on: November 13, 2018, 06:51:28 PM »
Can you give a cite for this Davel. I have looked and read the rogatory statement and I can't see where it is.

Perhaps you can help me.
Cadaverine is a specific chemical with the molecular formula C5H14N2

Cadaver and Cadaverine can be a misspelling.  I'm sure Davel meant cadaver in his prior posts.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #665 on: November 13, 2018, 06:52:02 PM »

Perhaps you can help me.

'With respect to the cadaver odour on Kate's clothes, could it be undoubtedly affirmed that those clothes had been in contact with a cadaver'

Grime dodged the question.. The answer is yes or no

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #666 on: November 13, 2018, 06:54:29 PM »
So a remarkable scent to have contaminate anything whilst on a family holiday and your daughter is missing.
David Payne - no scent, Fiona - no scent, Russ - no scent, thingy - no scent, Janie - no scent, Kate - dog goes postal.
The odds are incalculable.
Swedish Bloke says he murdered a bunch of people and brought their body parts to a clearing in a forest.  Cadaver dog is brought to the spot as directed by Swedish bloke.  Dog alrets to multiple spots in the clearing.  Swedish bloke goes to jail for a long, long time until it turns out he was innocent all along and had nothing to do with the murders.   Of all the spots in Sweden he should choose to take the polcce and their dogs to, he chose somewhere contaminated by invisible cadavers.  The odds are incalculable.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #667 on: November 13, 2018, 06:55:22 PM »

'With respect to the cadaver odour on Kate's clothes, could it be undoubtedly affirmed that those clothes had been in contact with a cadaver'

It is the role of the interviewing officer to make sure all questions were answered.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #668 on: November 13, 2018, 07:11:05 PM »

The answer is not yes or no.

Result = happy posting.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #669 on: November 13, 2018, 07:16:05 PM »
Then it should have a caveat.. They were not corroborated.
You say it as fact but he said it as opinion.   We are not comparing like with like.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2018, 08:38:34 PM by John »
Moderation

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #670 on: November 14, 2018, 07:57:29 AM »
It is the role of the interviewing officer to make sure all questions were answered.

I think he just provided written answers rather than being interviewed. I wonder where and what the Progresso National Police Agency is or was.

Sam Harkeness of the Progresso National Police Agency sent me by email several written questions sent by the Judicial Police together with a request for a written deposition.
http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/MARTIN_GRIMES_RIGATORY.htm
Result = happy posting.

Offline The General

« Reply #671 on: November 14, 2018, 08:04:21 AM »
Swedish Bloke says he murdered a bunch of people and brought their body parts to a clearing in a forest.  Cadaver dog is brought to the spot as directed by Swedish bloke.  Dog alrets to multiple spots in the clearing.  Swedish bloke goes to jail for a long, long time until it turns out he was innocent all along and had nothing to do with the murders.   Of all the spots in Sweden he should choose to take the polcce and their dogs to, he chose somewhere contaminated by invisible cadavers.  The odds are incalculable.
Was this in a film?
The 2nd Youngest Member of the Forum

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #672 on: November 14, 2018, 08:36:34 AM »
Was this in a film?
No, real life.  Google “Swedish serial killer that never was” .
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #673 on: November 14, 2018, 09:01:15 AM »
It’s actually worse that I remembered:

"During the course of the investigation, Quick mentioned at least 24 different places in Sweden and Norway where he had committed murders, handled dead bodies or left body parts," says Leyla Belle Drake, who was Hannes Råstam's literary agent. "Zampo marked for human remains 45 times at those 24 locations. Not a single trace of blood or body parts was ever found. The dog is just as bad as the rest of them."

Now calculate the odds of THAT happening.

Offline Lace

« Reply #674 on: November 14, 2018, 09:17:17 AM »

Passing by more than once in an uninterested way... If there cadaver why no alert the first time

Exactly!!    What use would that have been when searching for a cadaver out doors?    Grime couldn't have found the cadaver and hidden it in a cupboard then could he?