Author Topic: Goncalo Amaral.  (Read 408514 times)

Offline kizzy

Re: Goncalo Amaral.
« Reply #285 on: June 04, 2020, 04:18:39 PM »
"Scapegoat" appears to be the word of the moment.  On what basis have you, the judge and jury, decided that this violent rapist and paedophile is the victim in this case?
Are you saying you're not really interested in what happened?

Did I say victim ....no

Did I say I wasn't interested..... no

Offline Carana

« Reply #286 on: June 04, 2020, 04:23:25 PM »
Was this guy eliminated or not from Amaral's investigation?

If so, on what grounds?

Offline jassi

« Reply #287 on: June 04, 2020, 04:35:16 PM »
Was this guy eliminated or not from Amaral's investigation?

If so, on what grounds?

Amaral was only involved for a few months. Did he come to any conclusion over this guy, or was it maybe unfinished business for him ?
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Carana

« Reply #288 on: June 04, 2020, 04:54:37 PM »
Amaral was only involved for a few months. Did he come to any conclusion over this guy, or was it maybe unfinished business for him ?

If he had thoroughly investigated this guy, I can't find anything in the files, aside from Misty's potential find, undated, and the original of that was in Spanish, apparently from M3.

If it was unfinished business, perhaps he could have been less categorical about his "conclusion"?

Offline Jean-Pierre

« Reply #289 on: June 04, 2020, 04:58:49 PM »
you are so misguided. i'm interested to find out what really happened and that's why I want to see the evidence.
Over in sceptic lal la land...jill havern has actually suggested the trial of the german could be  a ploy to get the McCanns in the witness box to cross examine them and check out their story...the voice of a leading sceptic

Well b....r me sideways, the name Jill Havern rings a vague bell...

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #290 on: June 04, 2020, 04:59:54 PM »
Did I say victim ....no

Did I say I wasn't interested..... no
If you’re claiming he’s a scapegoat then clearly you believe he is in the process of becoming a victim of a miscarriage of justice, no?
« Last Edit: June 04, 2020, 05:38:08 PM by Vertigo Swirl »
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #291 on: June 04, 2020, 05:00:18 PM »
Well b....r me sideways, the name Jill Havern rings a vague bell...
Ey up.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Brietta

« Reply #292 on: June 04, 2020, 05:02:51 PM »

The significance of the fact that this guy was a one man crime wave in Portugal for many years apparently with impunity calls into question just exactly the senior officers of the Judicial Police were doing while he was on the rampage.

The same senior officers who had plenty to say over the period of time they were in charge of Madeleine's case and couldn't restrain themselves from trying to put Madeleine's parents in the frame from then to the present day.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Carana

« Reply #293 on: June 04, 2020, 05:27:34 PM »
I'm still intrigued by Amaral apparently claiming that this guy would be the "scapegoat".

https://www.9news.com.au/world/madeleine-mccann-german-paedophile-took-maddie-uk-police-amaral-claim-podcast/cc225ca6-7123-4182-985c-89888224bd09

Did he investigate him at the time or not?

Offline jassi

« Reply #294 on: June 04, 2020, 05:33:26 PM »
I'm still intrigued by Amaral apparently claiming that this guy would be the "scapegoat".

https://www.9news.com.au/world/madeleine-mccann-german-paedophile-took-maddie-uk-police-amaral-claim-podcast/cc225ca6-7123-4182-985c-89888224bd09

No idea. All I've seen is that he was eliminated by PJ at some point
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Carana

« Reply #295 on: June 04, 2020, 05:56:28 PM »
No idea. All I've seen is that he was eliminated by PJ at some point

I certainly haven't seen anything in the files to that effect. The only caveat being that something may be lurking in the non-accessible paedo ones, but I can't think of even an oblique reference to someone of his profile having been excluded.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #296 on: June 04, 2020, 06:28:58 PM »

Why was this “scapegoat” never picked up by the PT cops for a brutal torture and rape of a woman in PdL?

Offline Carana

« Reply #297 on: June 04, 2020, 07:15:20 PM »
Why was this “scapegoat” never picked up by the PT cops for a brutal torture and rape of a woman in PdL?

Back then, there were laws against crime reporting until someone had been charged or was facing trial.

Not sure where exactly she lived - might have been under the Faro jurisdiction?

There was no mention of the assaults on children at the time, either.

There is also that strange story about an Australian woman who lived alone and died of a head wound...

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #298 on: June 04, 2020, 07:22:44 PM »
Back then, there were laws against crime reporting until someone had been charged or was facing trial.

Not sure where exactly she lived - might have been under the Faro jurisdiction?

There was no mention of the assaults on children at the time, either.

There is also that strange story about an Australian woman who lived alone and died of a head wound...
I find this all really quite shocking.  There’s a violent rapist at large and the public are not allowed to know about it?  Craziness.

Offline Carana

« Reply #299 on: June 04, 2020, 07:42:19 PM »
Yep, judicial secrecy laws at the time. IMO, more juicy than judicious for tabloids.