Author Topic: Goncalo Amaral.  (Read 408678 times)

Offline jassi

Re: Goncalo Amaral.
« Reply #360 on: June 06, 2020, 03:25:00 PM »
Yes - because you're not interested in keeping the record straight at all, just in finding fault with my posts.  Now kindly buzz off.

When were you appointed Chief blackboard monitor?

On a free forum I shall post whenever it suits me.

If you don't like that, then complain to a real moderator.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #361 on: June 06, 2020, 03:25:59 PM »
I am not certain he did it, but I think there are very credible reasons for suspecting him over anyone else at this stage.  Perhaps you can present your evidence that he couldn't possibly have done it? 

He could have done it but you require evidence! I've seen no reports of his jag or campervan being spotted that night.

Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline jassi

« Reply #362 on: June 06, 2020, 03:27:09 PM »
There will be a new Supreme Court.  I'll bet you that for houses.

We'll have to wait and see, not that it's important to me as I shall never come under its jurisdiction.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline kizzy

« Reply #363 on: June 06, 2020, 03:29:38 PM »
May I have a cite for that, please.

"He was investigated by the [Policia Judiciaria, Portugal's police] at the time [and] when the case ended they discarded him," he said.
"The trailer that he lived in was taken to Germany for testing but nothing was found there."
Mr Amaral said the German suspect was a convicted sex offender and was serving sentences in Germany unrelated the disappearance of Madeleine, arguably the world's most famous missing person case.
The former cop hit out at Operation Grange, the long-running $20 million London Metropolitan Police investigation for Maddie.

https://www.9news.com.au/national/madeleine-mccann-german-suspect-a-scapegoat-portugal-detective-goncalo-amaral-claims-maddie-podcast/0ea5ef10-8717-4cfb-adea-a1c8baf2d357?fbclid=IwAR2XeFUu2UGvtCHbKN0TDRLuFIfobTDKPo9Kf3Didgp-uCy15UXtgOAtecA

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #364 on: June 06, 2020, 03:29:50 PM »
When were you appointed Chief blackboard monitor?

On a free forum I shall post whenever it suits me.

If you don't like that, then complain to a real moderator.
You're the one "keeping records straight" - lol.  Who appointed you to that role out of interest? 
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #365 on: June 06, 2020, 03:31:48 PM »
No he didn’t....the files were marked not relevant to the case...that is not the same as ignoring them. As far as we know each one could have been followed up.

I do wish posters would stop regurgitating this absolute nonsense as if it was fact.
"Not relevant" based on what sort on extensive investigations?  I don't see any evidence of Christian B being hauled in for questioning or his property searched back in 2007 in relation to Madeleine's disappearance. 
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #366 on: June 06, 2020, 03:32:01 PM »
We'll have to wait and see, not that it's important to me as I shall never come under its jurisdiction.

Nor me neither.  Such a pity.  I liked going to Portugal.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #367 on: June 06, 2020, 03:32:56 PM »
He could have done it but you require evidence! I've seen no reports of his jag or campervan being spotted that night.
How could he have done it, when you are 100% certain Gerry was Smithman?

Offline kizzy

« Reply #368 on: June 06, 2020, 03:34:38 PM »
Well, we know for a certainty that Ricardo Piava ~ a senior officer from the start of the case and who also worked under Rebelo ~ in his turn filed loads of evidence between 2008 and 2010 during which time it was ignored.

No-one had looked at it until it was ordered to be released to the McCann lawyers in 2010.

No-one had looked at it until it was ordered to be released to the McCann lawyers in 2010.

Well weren't they supposed to be looking for anything PJ had missed

Offline Carana

« Reply #369 on: June 06, 2020, 03:41:36 PM »
According to media reports, the campervan has also been examined by German police, who also found no link to Madeleine. I think the same might have been said for the Jaguar.

When did the German police get hold of the vehicles?

Offline jassi

« Reply #370 on: June 06, 2020, 03:45:45 PM »
When did the German police get hold of the vehicles?

A couple of years ago, I believe. The van from a Portuguese scrapyard. Not sure about the jaguar

From the Daily Mail - https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8392475/Maddie-McCann-suspect-sold-VW-campervan-2015-car-scrapyard.html

Or maybe not -

Offline Brietta

« Reply #371 on: June 06, 2020, 03:48:15 PM »
It will be how Portugal deals with Amaral that will be interesting.  And The Judges of course.

You called the Supreme Court judgement "the shame of Portugal" which describes it perfectly.  I'm not sure that any corrective measures if taken from a nation so steeped in 'honour' will ever appear in the public domain.  But I think there will be retribution of one kind or another for Amaral as more and more details of his sorry tale receive more currency among those who matter, the ordinary people of Portugal.

I think there are signs of that already happening in his uncharacteristic silence.  The longer the situation in Germany goes on the worse I think it is going to be for Amaral and I wonder how long it will be before people start wondering ... why ignore a locally based criminal and go to the extreme lengths he did to persecute the parents of a missing child?
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #372 on: June 06, 2020, 03:53:28 PM »
You called the Supreme Court judgement "the shame of Portugal" which describes it perfectly.  I'm not sure that any corrective measures if taken from a nation so steeped in 'honour' will ever appear in the public domain.  But I think there will be retribution of one kind or another for Amaral as more and more details of his sorry tale receive more currency among those who matter, the ordinary people of Portugal.

I think there are signs of that already happening in his uncharacteristic silence.  The longer the situation in Germany goes on the worse I think it is going to be for Amaral and I wonder how long it will be before people start wondering ... why ignore a locally based criminal and go to the extreme lengths he did to persecute the parents of a missing child?

I will never be able to understand this.  It has been pretty vile this last thirteen years.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #373 on: June 06, 2020, 03:56:40 PM »
No he didn’t....the files were marked not relevant to the case...that is not the same as ignoring them. As far as we know each one could have been followed up.

I do wish posters would stop regurgitating this absolute nonsense as if it was fact.

You are in total denial.

The files Piava ignored were not looked at let alone investigated until the McCann private investigators did so in 2010.  They were passed to Scotland Yard as part of their scoping exercise in 2011 and the rest is history.

Of course you do know that ... you just refuse to accept it.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline kizzy

« Reply #374 on: June 06, 2020, 04:26:17 PM »
You are in total denial.

The files Piava ignored were not looked at let alone investigated until the McCann private investigators did so in 2010.  They were passed to Scotland Yard as part of their scoping exercise in 2011 and the rest is history.

Of course you do know that ... you just refuse to accept it.

So why did no one else pick him up from the files.

What does the rest is history mean - SY spent 12 million seems on nothing