Author Topic: Goncalo Amaral.  (Read 408286 times)

Offline Lace

Re: Goncalo Amaral.
« Reply #975 on: June 27, 2020, 02:14:13 PM »
That depends how and where it was stored.

Really?  If the wrapped Madeleine's body up would depend on where it was stored?    Such as?

Offline Billy Whizz Fan Club

« Reply #976 on: June 27, 2020, 02:24:56 PM »
Really?  If the wrapped Madeleine's body up would depend on where it was stored?    Such as?

A body stored in a freezer wouldn't be in a poor condition.

Offline Lace

« Reply #977 on: June 27, 2020, 02:30:18 PM »
A body stored in a freezer wouldn't be in a poor condition.

What freezer would that be?

« Reply #978 on: June 27, 2020, 02:38:31 PM »

If I could answer that it wouldn't be on an internet forum!

Smithman could have handed over the body to a third party with access to a freezer in a nearby property, would be one speculative made up scenario. Or Smithman himself may have had access to a property nearby with a freezer for example. Pure speculation of course.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #979 on: June 27, 2020, 02:58:03 PM »

Was it the one The PJ said Joana Cipriano's body was stored in, or was it the one Amaral said Madeleine's body was stored in?

« Reply #980 on: June 27, 2020, 03:21:20 PM »
Was it the one The PJ said Joana Cipriano's body was stored in, or was it the one Amaral said Madeleine's body was stored in?

On the latter I believe he was speculating since I can't think of any other method of concealment that would fit with Amaral's theory.

« Reply #981 on: June 27, 2020, 03:25:36 PM »
Yes indeed - it was a line of investigation. He never stated it as fact, Eleanor.

https://www.9news.com.au/world/madeleine-mccann-apartment-freezer-goncalo-amaral-maddie-podcast/4404d9d1-86fa-4c0d-b87d-8ce086f6a3b3

...."Several months after Madeleine McCann vanished Portuguese police were trying to find a mystery apartment where the missing girl's body could have been hidden in a freezer, according to the detective who once led the 2007 investigation.
Speaking on episode 10 of Maddie, nine.com.au's podcast series about Madeleine's disappearance, Goncalo Amaral described a line of inquiry his team was following when he was abruptly removed from the case, in October 2007.
"The team was looking for an apartment," Mr Amaral said, explaining police had been tipped off about the possible unusual development.".

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #982 on: June 27, 2020, 03:28:31 PM »
On the latter I believe he was speculating since I can't think of any other method of concealment that would fit with Amaral's theory.

The same Theory, in fact.  Well, it worked the first time so why not try it again.

Offline misty

« Reply #983 on: June 27, 2020, 04:45:33 PM »
The same Theory, in fact.  Well, it worked the first time so why not try it again.

Deleted
« Last Edit: June 28, 2020, 12:17:00 AM by misty »

Offline sadie

« Reply #984 on: June 27, 2020, 06:19:14 PM »

Have you forgotten Amarals theory that Madeleines body was put in the coffin of a woman waiting to be cremated. 
($^6  %77*

IIRC the coffin was in the church where The McCanns prayed. 

So bizarre and the gullible masses swallowed it hook, line and sinker

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #985 on: June 27, 2020, 08:13:34 PM »

I've just watched a transcript of this interview and amaral seems to be backtracking quite a bit on his  theory.  He. Seems to be saying it wasn't his theory just a description of the investigation at that time...

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #986 on: June 27, 2020, 08:22:00 PM »
I've just watched a transcript of this interview and amaral seems to be backtracking quite a bit on his  theory.  He. Seems to be saying it wasn't his theory just a description of the investigation at that time...
Just typical!
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #987 on: June 27, 2020, 08:29:36 PM »

GA: The book I published does not support a theory. That is a mistake that has been going around, not being a theory. The book that I published, I published for the reasons that I have explained over the years ...

« Reply #988 on: June 27, 2020, 08:35:18 PM »
Have you forgotten Amarals theory that Madeleines body was put in the coffin of a woman waiting to be cremated. 
($^6  %77*

IIRC the coffin was in the church where The McCanns prayed. 

So bizarre and the gullible masses swallowed it hook, line and sinker

And that wouldn't fit with his suggestion  they might have moved the body in the hire car later.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #989 on: June 28, 2020, 12:09:38 AM »
And that wouldn't fit with his suggestion  they might have moved the body in the hire car later.
That depends when the cremation was done.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.