Author Topic: Goncalo Amaral.  (Read 408601 times)

Offline Holly Goodhead

Re: Goncalo Amaral.
« Reply #1500 on: July 10, 2020, 10:39:55 AM »
Check one of Gunit's posts (I think) where she pointed out Heri was not allowed access.  So unless part of an official police investigation access is not as easy as you seem to think.

But Heri wasn't/isn't an official investigator.  Officialdom has always had access to all the phone traffic as it was captured in the early days.
Just my opinion of course but Jeremy Bamber is innocent and a couple from UK, unknown to T9, abducted Madeleine McCann - motive unknown.  Was J J murdered as a result of identifying as a goth?

Offline kizzy

« Reply #1501 on: July 10, 2020, 10:41:19 AM »
In my opinion the archiving of Madeleine's case has proved a huge embarrassment for Portugal and as time and events move on that embarrassment can only be intensified.

Is there another jurisdiction in the civilised world which would write off a missing child appx eighteen months after her disappearance?

IMO they didn't write it off ...because of the interference by the UK they couldn't take it any further it seems.

Offline jassi

« Reply #1502 on: July 10, 2020, 10:44:55 AM »

IMO they didn't write it off ...because of the interference by the UK they couldn't take it any further it seems.

The sting in the tail was that they put  their investigative work on line so that the world could see what they had done and draw their own conclusions.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #1503 on: July 10, 2020, 10:50:38 AM »
In my opinion the archiving of Madeleine's case has proved a huge embarrassment for Portugal and as time and events move on that embarrassment can only be intensified.

Is there another jurisdiction in the civilised world which would write off a missing child appx eighteen months after her disappearance?

I don't think the archiving of the process equated to writing off a missing child. All unsolved police investigations reach a point where there are no active diligences being performed. Portugal formally announces when that point has been reached, the UK doesn't. Despite the different approaches, both police forces will respond to new evidence if and when it arises.

I'm sure the PJ know that most of the criticism was part of a campaign designed to convince people that they were incompetent, and they have responded with dignity in my opinion.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #1504 on: July 10, 2020, 10:56:38 AM »
I don't think the archiving of the process equated to writing off a missing child. All unsolved police investigations reach a point where there are no active diligences being performed. Portugal formally announces when that point has been reached, the UK doesn't. Despite the different approaches, both police forces will respond to new evidence if and when it arises.

I'm sure the PJ know that most of the criticism was part of a campaign designed to convince people that they were incompetent, and they have responded with dignity in my opinion.

The PJ were incompetent.  I don't think there is much doubt about that.

Offline jassi

« Reply #1505 on: July 10, 2020, 11:01:15 AM »

To be frank, I don't think most people are interested.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #1506 on: July 10, 2020, 11:03:26 AM »
To be frank, I don't think most people are interested.

I think you are right.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #1507 on: July 10, 2020, 11:10:18 AM »

That is a matter of opinion. In your opinion they were incompetent, in mine they weren't. They missed some opportunities imo, but all police forces do that.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1508 on: July 10, 2020, 11:14:56 AM »
That is a matter of opinion. In your opinion they were incompetent, in mine they weren't. They missed some opportunities imo, but all police forces do that.
I think again you are denial

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #1509 on: July 10, 2020, 11:15:14 AM »

You could say that.  Missing a rampant Paedophile, Burglar and Rapist running around The Algarve was indeed a missed opportunity.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #1510 on: July 10, 2020, 11:20:12 AM »
But Heri wasn't/isn't an official investigator.  Officialdom has always had access to all the phone traffic as it was captured in the early days.

I said ... Heri was able to follow it far enough to be able to identify suspects who fitted the profile ... imagine what he could have achieved if he had had all the information to hand as Amaral did.

You said ... But the phone data was captured so nothing has prevented others re-examining? 

To which I said ... Check one of Gunit's posts (I think) where she pointed out Heri was not allowed access.  So unless part of an official police investigation access is not as easy as you seem to think.

So what is it that you are missing from the theme of my posts that Amaral had access and the Portuguese continued to have the same access that Scotland Yard had to allow them to open Madeleine's case.

Which also allowed them to question suspects in 2014 and which allowed Brueckner to attract the the Germans' attention in 2017.

Please don't word play with me ... I don't appreciate it and it is unnecessary to repeat what has already been clearly intimated in my posts.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #1511 on: July 10, 2020, 11:27:09 AM »
My, my.

https://news.sky.com/story/assault-burglary-and-animal-cruelty-police-officers-convicted-of-crimes-working-for-uk-forces-12024264

More than 200 serving police officers in the UK have convictions for criminal offences including assault, burglary, drug possession and animal cruelty, Sky News can reveal.

Forces across the country employ at least 211 police officers and PCSOs who were guilty of crimes, according to data released under the Freedom of Information Act.

The actual number is likely to be much higher, however, after just a third of forces revealed how many of their officers have criminal convictions, with many claiming it would cost too much to retrieve the information.

The National Police Chiefs' Council (NPCC) told Sky News that having a criminal record has "never been an automatic bar to joining the police" and insisted officers are vetted "throughout their service".

But Steven Smith, who was assaulted in Bristol by an officer who was allowed to keep his job, said he believes anyone with a conviction for violence should be banned from working for the police.

Steven Smith was assaulted in Bristol by a police officer who kept his job
He told Sky News: "Obviously everyone makes mistakes but when it's a violent assault, I don't believe they should (be able to work for the police).

"You'd expect police men and women to have no convictions."

Mr Smith, 45, said he was "gutted and upset" to learn that the officer who was convicted of assaulting him in 2014 continued working for Avon and Somerset Police.

"You should be able to go to the police and their judgement should be above board and impeccable at all times," he added.

Integrity in policing has been under the spotlight in recent weeks following widespread protests over the killing of George Floyd while in police custody in the US.

Just a third of forces revealed how many of their officers have criminal convictions
Among the UK forces to reveal how many of their serving police officers have criminal convictions:

The Police Service of Northern Ireland (PSNI) said 99 serving officers had received criminal convictions while employed by the force. The offences included death by careless driving, common assault, harassment and possession of a firearm/drunk in charge of a firearm
North Wales Police said 20 police officers and five PCSOs have criminal convictions, including a sergeant convicted of assault, two officers guilty of drug possession and two officers convicted of cruelty to animals
Kent Police said 22 serving officers have been convicted of crimes, including five officers ranked "inspector or above". The offences included common assault, criminal damage and drink driving
Fourteen Avon and Somerset Police officers have convictions for crimes such as assault, burglary, theft and obtaining money by deception
Seven Dorset Police officers have criminal convictions including a constable convicted of burglary and ABH, and a constable guilty of causing unnecessary cruelty to a protected animal
Devon and Cornwall Police said nine serving police constables have convictions for crimes including drink driving and Data Protection Act offences
Norfolk Police said three officers have criminal convictions including a constable guilty of battery and another constable convicted of possessing an imitation firearm in a public place
Cheshire Police said 18 serving police officers or PCSOs have been convicted of crimes but refused to reveal any further details, saying it would breach the Data Protection Act
It comes after Sky News submitted freedom of information requests to the UK's 45 territorial police forces as well as British Transport Police and the Ministry of Defence Police.

Just 16 forces revealed how many of their officers had criminal convictions, with the Metropolitan Police, Police Scotland, Greater Manchester Police and Merseyside Police among those that did not provide the information.

Several forces said retrieving their records on police officers with criminal convictions would exceed the cost limit set out by the Freedom of Information Act.

Thames Valley Police said it would be a "disproportionate and unjustified diversion of policing resources" during the coronavirus epidemic.

Meanwhile, Nottinghamshire Police said the request for the information was "vexatious" - meaning it intends to cause annoyance, frustration or worry.

Police fired Tasers at children as young as 13 and dozens of dogs in three years   
Police fired Tasers at children as young as 13 and dozens of dogs in three years
Home Office guidelines state that police forces "should not recruit people with cautions or convictions, which may call into question the integrity of the applicant or the service".

But the guidance states that "each case should be dealt with on its individual merits".

Chief Constable Craig Guildford, the NPCC's lead for professional standards, told Sky News that "having a criminal record has never been an automatic bar to joining the police or many other public sector professions".

He added: "Applicants must declare their convictions and every case is assessed and considered by vetting departments using national guidance.

"We review what someone was convicted of, the sentence they received, how old they were at the time, what the circumstances were and how long ago it was. We also re-vet officers throughout their service and have higher levels of vetting for particular posts.

"The vast majority of police officers and staff fulfil their duties in serving the public to the highest standard.

"Society rightly expects the police service to act with honesty and integrity and any instance of conduct falling below that standard, or when a crime has been committed, will be dealt with directly based upon the evidence presented as nobody is above the law."

A Home Office spokeswoman said: "There are around 125,000 police officers in England and Wales, the overall majority of whom carry out their duties with the utmost professionalism and integrity and are committed to keeping the public safe.

"Forces are required to adhere to a stringent vetting code when recruiting and we have introduced reforms to strengthen the disciplinary system and ensure that the small minority of individuals who fall short of the high standards their peers and the public expect of them are held fully accountable."
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Brietta

« Reply #1512 on: July 10, 2020, 11:31:58 AM »

What did the United Kingdom do to them ... threaten to send a gunboat? 

The suggestion of interference is more risible now than when it first emanated from Amaral's lexicon of conspiracy theories.

MI5 AGENTS know what happened to missing Madeleine McCann but are covering it up, claims former Portuguese detective Goncalo Amaral.
https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/485524/Portuguese-detective-says-MI5-spies-know-what-happened-to-Madeleine-McCann
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #1513 on: July 10, 2020, 11:35:16 AM »
I think again you are denial

I think you are. (in denial)
Result = happy posting.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #1514 on: July 10, 2020, 11:37:55 AM »
The sting in the tail was that they put  their investigative work on line so that the world could see what they had done and draw their own conclusions.

In my opinion your post is nonsense and illustrates yet another point illustrating the total failure of their vaunted system.

Or is it your suggestion that the release of the CDs into unscrupulous hands was intentional?