Author Topic: Goncalo Amaral.  (Read 408383 times)

Offline Mr Gray

Re: Goncalo Amaral.
« Reply #1740 on: July 17, 2020, 10:31:39 PM »
Colin Sutton said more or less the same...

https://www.9news.com.au/world/uk-police-guilty-of-flawed-tunnel-vision-in-hunt-for-maddie-mccann-answers/51e8dea1-cd59-4de2-9ac1-c4910ee9c457

"Scotland Yard's six-year investigation into Madeleine McCann's disappearance was a poisoned chalice laced with critical errors because of a high level agenda to not interrogate the child's parents, according to a former UK detective.
The explosive revelations were made by retired Metropolitan Police homicide cop Colin Sutton, who at one time was touted as a possible candidate to lead Operation Grange and the search for Maddie, now missing for 10 years.
Operation Grange's narrow remit to focus only on the theory that the four-year-old was abducted from the family's holiday apartment in Portugal was unusual and a "missed opportunity""

Total BS ...or do you beleive if its in the paper its true

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #1741 on: July 17, 2020, 11:15:28 PM »
We'll have no personal attacks against Davel.  Thank You.
Would THAT BE LIMITING MY FREEDOM OF SPEECH?  Yes.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2020, 06:30:46 AM by Robittybob1 »
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline kizzy

« Reply #1742 on: July 18, 2020, 10:21:53 AM »
I believe in Madeleine's case and probably in others, Amaral has manipulated the evidence to suit his speculations.  Sometimes making up the headlines to suit his interpretation of the evidence and using unsuspecting journalists to that end.

So I agree his methods do smack of laziness (as well as an awful lot of other things) and if the purpose of justice is to keep offenders off the streets and unable to target new victims, I think it is a highly inefficient way of doing things.

I believe in Madeleine's case and probably in others, Amaral has manipulated the evidence to suit his speculations.  Sometimes making up the headlines to suit his interpretation of the evidence and using unsuspecting journalists to that end.

Isn't that what the Germans are doing...the thing about that though seems they know nothing about the case in full

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1743 on: July 18, 2020, 10:36:22 AM »
Would THAT BE LIMITING MY FREEDOM OF SPEECH?  Yes.

its complying with the rules...personal attacks are against forum rules. when will posters such as yourself understand that freedom of speech is not an absolute right...it has to..and does have limitations.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1744 on: July 18, 2020, 10:37:35 AM »

Isn't that what the Germans are doing...the thing about that though seems they know nothing about the case in full

I think the Germans have a far far better understanding of the case and the evidence than amaral did

Offline Lace

« Reply #1745 on: July 18, 2020, 11:12:36 AM »
Thhey did then everything seemed to change.

just one little snip

As time went by, we noticed that a certain number of the police officers sent to Portugal were poorly informed about the progress of the investigation. One of them who - like the majority - was coming to Portugal for the first time, was wearing a green and yellow rubber wrist band, bought for £2, which he played with nervously. The inscription read, "Look for Madeleine." Some of his colleagues told him that he would soon get rid of it. As a matter of fact, he took it off as soon as he got properly into the investigation and he had learned about the evidence placing doubt on the theory of abduction.

So again,  he is saying the British agreed with his theory.    So why did he say when he was taken off the case that it was pressure from the British to follow the abduction theory?   

Offline Brietta

« Reply #1746 on: July 18, 2020, 11:14:46 AM »

The Germans don't appear to have any qualms about facing their audience and giving it to them straight.

There is no comparison with the sneaky, underhand tactics using journalists who were fed just enough truth to make the lies leaked to them credible and designed to put the chosen patsy well on the back foot.

That is neither investigation or justice   It is the kangaroo court of internet - public opinion - and lies.  The Germans haven't sunk as low as that and I doubt they would ever contemplate doing so.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline barrier

« Reply #1747 on: July 18, 2020, 11:45:45 AM »
As a matter of fact Eleanor is one of the most even handed mods ever on this forum.  You should treasure her.

Back on topic now please.  Goncalo Amaral

I take that has a tacit admission your're not,thanks for the clarification.
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #1748 on: July 18, 2020, 12:23:13 PM »
The Germans don't appear to have any qualms about facing their audience and giving it to them straight.

There is no comparison with the sneaky, underhand tactics using journalists who were fed just enough truth to make the lies leaked to them credible and designed to put the chosen patsy well on the back foot.

That is neither investigation or justice   It is the kangaroo court of internet - public opinion - and lies.  The Germans haven't sunk as low as that and I doubt they would ever contemplate doing so.

Like Sandra F ? 

For me once a journalist has been proven to be gullible they lose all credibility.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Billy Whizz Fan Club

« Reply #1749 on: July 18, 2020, 12:49:01 PM »
Total BS ...

That's not a great argument Dave!! Perhaps you could explain which bit of the report you don't believe is accurate... In the meantime here's some more quotes from Sutton:

The "crucial phrase", as Sutton calls it, in the Operation Grange remit was a line stating the review would be carried out "as if the abduction occurred in the UK".
That meant Kate and Gerry McCann, despite several concerning inconsistencies in their witness statements, were not to be looked at, Sutton said.
"It was almost this unspoken elephant in the room," he told nine.com.au.
"The rest of [the remit] is really of little consequence after that because that's sort of saying … we are only treating this as an abduction and we are not looking at any other scenario."

"The PJ have never cleared anyone," Sutton said. Ceasing the investigation "just meant they couldn't find enough evidence to proceed against them. Their view is that the parents are certainly not eliminated. Also any kind of investigation of murder or akin to murder the other place you need to eliminate early on is those that last saw the victim alive.In this case you've got essentially the same group of people who are both close to the victim and the last to see her alive. I'd always want to start with that. I don't understand why that hasn't been done [by Operation Grange], because it would appear to be in everyone's interest."

« Reply #1750 on: July 18, 2020, 12:52:41 PM »
I think the Germans have a far far better understanding of the case and the evidence than amaral did

Which evidence do they "understand better" than the PJ, exactly? And what are you basing this deduction on?

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #1751 on: July 18, 2020, 12:55:58 PM »
That's not a great argument Dave!! Perhaps you could explain which bit of the report you don't believe is accurate... In the meantime here's some more quotes from Sutton:

The "crucial phrase", as Sutton calls it, in the Operation Grange remit was a line stating the review would be carried out "as if the abduction occurred in the UK".
That meant Kate and Gerry McCann, despite several concerning inconsistencies in their witness statements, were not to be looked at, Sutton said.
"It was almost this unspoken elephant in the room," he told nine.com.au.
"The rest of [the remit] is really of little consequence after that because that's sort of saying … we are only treating this as an abduction and we are not looking at any other scenario."

"The PJ have never cleared anyone," Sutton said. Ceasing the investigation "just meant they couldn't find enough evidence to proceed against them. Their view is that the parents are certainly not eliminated. Also any kind of investigation of murder or akin to murder the other place you need to eliminate early on is those that last saw the victim alive.In this case you've got essentially the same group of people who are both close to the victim and the last to see her alive. I'd always want to start with that. I don't understand why that hasn't been done [by Operation Grange], because it would appear to be in everyone's interest."

Colin Sutton never did know what had been done.  Nor do we know who the High Ranking Police Officer was.

Anyone can quote Anonymous Sources.

« Reply #1752 on: July 18, 2020, 01:01:29 PM »
Colin Sutton never did know what had been done.  Nor do we know who the High Ranking Police Officer was.

Anyone can quote Anonymous Sources.

Assistant Commissioner of London's Metropolitan Police Mark Rowley denied Scotland Yard had a closed mind to the possibility of Kate and Gerry McCann’s involvement.
"The involvement of the parents, that was dealt with at the time by the original investigation by the Portuguese," Asst Com Rowley said during a media briefing.
"We had a look at all the material and we are happy that was all dealt with and there is no reason whatsoever to reopen that or start rumours that was a line of investigation."
When asked if Kate and Gerry McCann had ever been questioned as potential suspects by Scotland Yard detectives, Asst Com Rowley replied: "No."

Offline barrier

« Reply #1753 on: July 18, 2020, 01:08:29 PM »
Assistant Commissioner of London's Metropolitan Police Mark Rowley denied Scotland Yard had a closed mind to the possibility of Kate and Gerry McCann’s involvement.
"The involvement of the parents, that was dealt with at the time by the original investigation by the Portuguese," Asst Com Rowley said during a media briefing.
"We had a look at all the material and we are happy that was all dealt with and there is no reason whatsoever to reopen that or start rumours that was a line of investigation."
When asked if Kate and Gerry McCann had ever been questioned as potential suspects by Scotland Yard detectives, Asst Com Rowley replied: "No."

If you listen to the recording Rowley said no even before Brunt finished the question.
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1754 on: July 18, 2020, 01:14:04 PM »

they have not been questioned as potential suspects that doesnt mean they have not been questioned as witnesses