Author Topic: Goncalo Amaral.  (Read 408213 times)

Offline Eleanor

Re: Goncalo Amaral.
« Reply #1755 on: July 18, 2020, 01:15:16 PM »
they have not been questioned as potential suspects that doesnt mean they have not been questioned as witnesses

Exactly.  Having been repeated ad infinitum.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1756 on: July 18, 2020, 01:15:30 PM »
Which evidence do they "understand better" than the PJ, exactly? And what are you basing this deduction on?

amral didnt understand the dog or DNA evidence...he thought it proved Maddie died in the apartment....I dont see the Germans being that foolish

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1757 on: July 18, 2020, 01:21:55 PM »
That's not a great argument Dave!! Perhaps you could explain which bit of the report you don't believe is accurate... In the meantime here's some more quotes from Sutton:

The "crucial phrase", as Sutton calls it, in the Operation Grange remit was a line stating the review would be carried out "as if the abduction occurred in the UK".
That meant Kate and Gerry McCann, despite several concerning inconsistencies in their witness statements, were not to be looked at, Sutton said.
"It was almost this unspoken elephant in the room," he told nine.com.au.
"The rest of [the remit] is really of little consequence after that because that's sort of saying … we are only treating this as an abduction and we are not looking at any other scenario."

"The PJ have never cleared anyone," Sutton said. Ceasing the investigation "just meant they couldn't find enough evidence to proceed against them. Their view is that the parents are certainly not eliminated. Also any kind of investigation of murder or akin to murder the other place you need to eliminate early on is those that last saw the victim alive.In this case you've got essentially the same group of people who are both close to the victim and the last to see her alive. I'd always want to start with that. I don't understand why that hasn't been done [by Operation Grange], because it would appear to be in everyone's interest."

If you listen to what Sutton was actually told...no one mentioned the McCanns to him. Sutton doent know  what SY have or have not done...

Offline kizzy

« Reply #1758 on: July 18, 2020, 01:59:41 PM »
amral didnt understand the dog or DNA evidence...he thought it proved Maddie died in the apartment....I dont see the Germans being that foolish

Dont forget 19 components might be proof in Germany it seems.

Didnt an officer say he has arested people for less in UK ...IIRC

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1759 on: July 18, 2020, 02:06:02 PM »
Dont forget 19 components might be proof in Germany it seems.

Didnt an officer say he has arested people for less in UK ...IIRC

as I understand   LCN DNA isnt accepted in german courts. ...plus its a mixed sample so proves nothing. You are making the same mistake as amaral. As for your claim....I think the source is the convicted liar again

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #1760 on: July 18, 2020, 02:10:06 PM »

If 19 Components is enough then we could all be in trouble.

Offline kizzy

« Reply #1761 on: July 18, 2020, 02:39:41 PM »
as I understand   LCN DNA isnt accepted in german courts. ...plus its a mixed sample so proves nothing. You are making the same mistake as amaral. As for your claim....I think the source is the convicted liar again

Well we do know the source on here ...you...wasnt there.

No one else as said the TOTL is full of lies apart from the mccs.

Again three judges didnt agree with that.

also adding the mccs were not cleared of being involved.

Offline Billy Whizz Fan Club

« Reply #1762 on: July 18, 2020, 02:45:01 PM »
Exactly.  Having been repeated ad infinitum.

The point being in most cases of missing children the close family are involved therefore the questioning should be to rule them out. Ruling them out before the questions is poor policing imo.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #1763 on: July 18, 2020, 02:55:39 PM »
The point being in most cases of missing children the close family are involved therefore the questioning should be to rule them out. Ruling them out before the questions is poor policing imo.

I was referring to the number of times that this has been discussed on this Forum.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1764 on: July 18, 2020, 03:03:46 PM »

The McCanns were ruled out based on the evidence.....

« Reply #1765 on: July 18, 2020, 03:08:04 PM »

What’s the benchmark for DNA markers matching to presume a match in Germany? I may be wrong but 15 might swing it.... yes yes I know there was more than one contributor.... all the more reason to get Dr Perlin on the case, imo.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #1766 on: July 18, 2020, 03:09:47 PM »
What’s the benchmark for DNA markers matching to presume a match in Germany? I may be wrong but 15 might swing it.... yes yes I know there was more than one contributor.... all the more reason to get Dr Perlin on the case, imo.

You pay him then.

« Reply #1767 on: July 18, 2020, 03:12:38 PM »
The McCanns were ruled out based on the evidence.....

They were ruled out on the basis of the PJ work according to Rowley. The McCann supporters fail to see the irony!!

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #1768 on: July 18, 2020, 03:17:04 PM »

They were ruled out on the basis of the PJ work according to Rowley. The McCann supporters fail to see the irony!!

I presume that Scotland Yard can read.  And after The PJ tried so hard to stitch up The McCanns and failed miserably it must have been pretty obvious that The McCanns weren't involved.

Now that is the real Irony.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #1769 on: July 18, 2020, 03:22:33 PM »

I believe not fully investigating those nearest to a missing child to rule them in or to rule them out of involvement is in my understanding elementary and is what happens when competent investigators are in charge.

In combination with the senior investigating officer making his mind up about who was guilty before it was possible for him to know anything about what had actually happened was a recipe for disaster.

Then for the senior officer in charge of the investigation to attempt to make the evidence fit his chosen perpetrators before even knowing what the evidence was ... is in my opinion an absolute recipe for disaster.
Which is exactly what it proved to be.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....