Author Topic: Goncalo Amaral.  (Read 408214 times)

Offline G-Unit

Re: Goncalo Amaral.
« Reply #1830 on: July 20, 2020, 08:20:25 AM »
I'm not entirely sure what you think it is that Interpol does.  In my opinion Interpol is an enabler and a communications hub for its members worldwide.  Beyond that it doesn't actually take any action of the sort you appear to imply.

What action did Amaral take to fulfil the Interpol mandate of informing the police forces of member nations of what was going on under their noses in their own back yard so that they could take action on it?

On this occasion it looks like SOCA via Interpol asked the German Police to look through their records for information on these men. LP were informed of the action because it was Crimestoppers who received their names. The PJ were informed but weren't involved, it was a Btitish initiative. Had the German police found anything interesting they would have replied to the British, because they were the ones who asked.

I don't know if there is a mandate such as you describe. Do you have a cite for that?
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #1831 on: July 20, 2020, 08:29:26 AM »
On this occasion it looks like SOCA via Interpol asked the German Police to look through their records for information on these men. LP were informed of the action because it was Crimestoppers who received their names. The PJ were informed but weren't involved, it was a Btitish initiative. Had the German police found anything interesting they would have replied to the British, because they were the ones who asked.

I don't know if there is a mandate such as you describe. Do you have a cite for that?

It's on This Forum somewhere because that is where I read it.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #1832 on: July 20, 2020, 09:40:45 AM »

Madeleine McCann's case was in the jurisdiction of Portugal and was jealously guarded as such by Amaral who put Leicestershire police under surveillance such was his notion of cooperation.

What did Amaral do with the information?

Obviously nothing that you can find ... so in all probability ... nothing.  Much as his investigation did nothing to find information in the Portuguese files in relation to Brueckner and whatever he might have been doing around Luz when Madeleine disappeared.

Snip
Mugshots of Madeleine McCann suspect Christian Brueckner dating back two decades prove Portuguese police knew about his sordid past but still dismissed him as a suspect.

The series of pictures were taken in the Algarve in July 1999 – eight years before the youngster was abducted from Praia da Luz.

Brueckner, then 22, was being extradited back to Germany to be sent to jail for sexually assaulting a six-year-old girl in a playground in 1994.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8538057/Portuguese-police-mugshots-Christian-Brueckner-1999-reveal-officers-knew-sordid-past.html

Playgrounds seem to feature quite a bit in Brueckner's history ... as in Sao Bartolomeu de Messines for example, where he was apprehended by parents and held until the police arrived but never made it to trial because the case was archived.  https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/madeleine-mccann-suspect-confronted-brit-22382594
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Brietta

« Reply #1833 on: July 20, 2020, 09:47:02 AM »

Just use whatever search engine you normally use and I am sure you will find the information you require ... I Googled it so can verify the information on INTERPOL is not tucked away in some obscure fora or other ... there is a tremendous amount of it, so you shouldn't have any great difficulty.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #1834 on: July 20, 2020, 10:32:44 AM »
Just use whatever search engine you normally use and I am sure you will find the information you require ... I Googled it so can verify the information on INTERPOL is not tucked away in some obscure fora or other ... there is a tremendous amount of it, so you shouldn't have any great difficulty.

You referred to an Interpol mandate ordering them to 'inform the police forces of member nations of what was going on under their noses in their own back yard so that they could take action on it'

I can find nothing suggesting that there is any such mandate, which is why I requested a cite. Your refusal to provide one is noted and will definitely affect my response the next time you ask me for a cite.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #1835 on: July 20, 2020, 11:53:27 AM »
You referred to an Interpol mandate ordering them to 'inform the police forces of member nations of what was going on under their noses in their own back yard so that they could take action on it'

I can find nothing suggesting that there is any such mandate, which is why I requested a cite. Your refusal to provide one is noted and will definitely affect my response the next time you ask me for a cite.

I suggested you use a search engine of your choice for the simple reason that there is far too much information about Interpol on the internet to explain how it works to someone who is totally ignorant of how the organisation actually works.

In the original post in which you started this nonsense you quite clearly had no understanding of exactly what it is that Interpol actually does.

Snip
Are you serious? They criticised the PJ for doing nothing, and didn't tell people that Interpol had already acted on it, asking the Germans to check their databases. What the German response was no-one knows, because Interpol didn't sharehttp://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=11381.msg610841#msg610841

Interpol actually does share ... it is its whole raison d'ętre ... and if you are truly interested in finding out about it and not just an excuse to demand meaningless cites to order ... you really need to inform yourself - I can't do it for you.

I simply typed into Google "INTERPOL'S mandate" and the very first in a long line was ...

Article 2 provides that the Interpol mandate is 'to ensure and promote the widest possible mutual assistance between all criminal police authorities within the limits of the laws existing in the different countries and in in the spirit of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights'22.

Further reading reveals ...

Adopted in 1956, the Constitution is our main legal instrument. It establishes the fundamental rules and principles by which the Organization operates. It defines the structure and roles of each INTERPOL body together with our mandate, which is:
  • To ensure and promote the widest possible mutual assistance between all criminal police authorities within the limits of the laws existing in the different countries and in the spirit of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights;
  • To establish and develop all institutions likely to contribute effectively to the prevention and suppression of ordinary law crimes.
https://www.interpol.int/en/Who-we-are/Legal-framework/Legal-documents

As I said earlier Interpol doesn't actually do ... it's communication, expertise and assistance enables its member countries worldwide to do

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #1836 on: July 20, 2020, 12:35:44 PM »
Madeleine McCann's case was in the jurisdiction of Portugal and was jealously guarded as such by Amaral who put Leicestershire police under surveillance such was his notion of cooperation.

What did Amaral do with the information?

Obviously nothing that you can find ... so in all probability ... nothing.  Much as his investigation did nothing to find information in the Portuguese files in relation to Brueckner and whatever he might have been doing around Luz when Madeleine disappeared.

Snip

Was Amaral told about the Gaspars from LP ?, Bank details of the parents?

Back in the UK the parents had the run of their show. They got off scot free with leaving their children alone ,with one to disappear with no recourse at all.  And Amaral is the bad guy in this?
Mugshots of Madeleine McCann suspect Christian Brueckner dating back two decades prove Portuguese police knew about his sordid past but still dismissed him as a suspect.

The series of pictures were taken in the Algarve in July 1999 – eight years before the youngster was abducted from Praia da Luz.

Brueckner, then 22, was being extradited back to Germany to be sent to jail for sexually assaulting a six-year-old girl in a playground in 1994.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8538057/Portuguese-police-mugshots-Christian-Brueckner-1999-reveal-officers-knew-sordid-past.html

Playgrounds seem to feature quite a bit in Brueckner's history ... as in Sao Bartolomeu de Messines for example, where he was apprehended by parents and held until the police arrived but never made it to trial because the case was archived.  https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/madeleine-mccann-suspect-confronted-brit-22382594
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #1837 on: July 20, 2020, 12:47:22 PM »
I suggested you use a search engine of your choice for the simple reason that there is far too much information about Interpol on the internet to explain how it works to someone who is totally ignorant of how the organisation actually works.

In the original post in which you started this nonsense you quite clearly had no understanding of exactly what it is that Interpol actually does.

Snip
Are you serious? They criticised the PJ for doing nothing, and didn't tell people that Interpol had already acted on it, asking the Germans to check their databases. What the German response was no-one knows, because Interpol didn't sharehttp://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=11381.msg610841#msg610841

Interpol actually does share ... it is its whole raison d'ętre ... and if you are truly interested in finding out about it and not just an excuse to demand meaningless cites to order ... you really need to inform yourself - I can't do it for you.

I simply typed into Google "INTERPOL'S mandate" and the very first in a long line was ...

Article 2 provides that the Interpol mandate is 'to ensure and promote the widest possible mutual assistance between all criminal police authorities within the limits of the laws existing in the different countries and in in the spirit of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights'22.

Further reading reveals ...

Adopted in 1956, the Constitution is our main legal instrument. It establishes the fundamental rules and principles by which the Organization operates. It defines the structure and roles of each INTERPOL body together with our mandate, which is:
  • To ensure and promote the widest possible mutual assistance between all criminal police authorities within the limits of the laws existing in the different countries and in the spirit of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights;
  • To establish and develop all institutions likely to contribute effectively to the prevention and suppression of ordinary law crimes.
https://www.interpol.int/en/Who-we-are/Legal-framework/Legal-documents

As I said earlier Interpol doesn't actually do ... it's communication, expertise and assistance enables its member countries worldwide to do

Thank you for the cite.

Members of the public informed Operation Task about sex offenders and OT carried out extensive enquiries as a result. If they were unable to eliminate those people from the enquiry they sent intelligence packs to the PJ for futher work.
http://library.college.police.uk/docs/npia/Strategic-debrief-operation-task-2009.pdf

Most of the information about sex offenders and Crimestoppers was removed from the files, but some was overlooked, including, imo, this document. Why it was sent and what it's purpose was can't be deduced without more information, imo, and due to the subject matter that isn't available. It's clearly part of the UK enquiries but what the outcome was isn't known.

As to why Amaral has been mentioned I can't imagine. The PJ worked continually with the Portuguese Interpol Office, in particular with it's International Cooperation Department.
https://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/PJ_INTERPOL.htm

Result = happy posting.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #1838 on: July 20, 2020, 01:09:52 PM »
Thank you for the cite.

Members of the public informed Operation Task about sex offenders and OT carried out extensive enquiries as a result. If they were unable to eliminate those people from the enquiry they sent intelligence packs to the PJ for futher work.
http://library.college.police.uk/docs/npia/Strategic-debrief-operation-task-2009.pdf

Most of the information about sex offenders and Crimestoppers was removed from the files, but some was overlooked, including, imo, this document. Why it was sent and what it's purpose was can't be deduced without more information, imo, and due to the subject matter that isn't available. It's clearly part of the UK enquiries but what the outcome was isn't known.

As to why Amaral has been mentioned I can't imagine. The PJ worked continually with the Portuguese Interpol Office, in particular with it's International Cooperation Department.
https://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/PJ_INTERPOL.htm

As the case coordinator I imagine Amaral could be expected to have his finger on the pulse ... yet it took him until 2000 to give out information which led journalists to identify Brueckner.

It took him until 2000 to admit the police had visited Brueckner who apparently wasn't in when they called.

And Journalists have happened upon information complete with mug shots from police files showing that the Portuguese Police knew about Brueckner and the fact he was guilty of sexual offences against children from before 2007.

They didn't get that using a FOI request , did they?  Maybe some in the Judicial Police are following the tradition of leaking to the press. 
Now there's a thought ;)

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #1839 on: July 20, 2020, 01:34:20 PM »
As the case coordinator I imagine Amaral could be expected to have his finger on the pulse ... yet it took him until 2000 to give out information which led journalists to identify Brueckner.

It took him until 2000 to admit the police had visited Brueckner who apparently wasn't in when they called.

And Journalists have happened upon information complete with mug shots from police files showing that the Portuguese Police knew about Brueckner and the fact he was guilty of sexual offences against children from before 2007.

They didn't get that using a FOI request , did they?  Maybe some in the Judicial Police are following the tradition of leaking to the press. 
Now there's a thought ;)

Perhaps we could have expected Rebelo to come across the information when he carried out his root and branch review of the work that had been carried out...perhaps even acted on it ?
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #1840 on: July 20, 2020, 02:14:24 PM »

Now there's a thought ;)

What if it turns out that Brueckner could have had a hand in the disappearance of Joanna Cipriano.

The poop really will hit the fan.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #1841 on: July 20, 2020, 02:47:02 PM »
Perhaps we could have expected Rebelo to come across the information when he carried out his root and branch review of the work that had been carried out...perhaps even acted on it ?

Despite the fact that Rebelo was coordinator for eight months as opposed to Amaral's five months he receives virtually no criticism. Nor does Encarnacao, Amaral's superior, who requested Harrison's help and agreed to employ Martin Grime. Nor does the Prosecutor who directed the investigation.

Amaral certainly didn't have carte blanche to do as he liked. Could it be that Amaral is being scapegoated by all and sundry because he wrote a book describing his period of the investigation and his theories?

Result = happy posting.

Offline jassi

« Reply #1842 on: July 20, 2020, 03:23:20 PM »
Despite the fact that Rebelo was coordinator for eight months as opposed to Amaral's five months he receives virtually no criticism. Nor does Encarnacao, Amaral's superior, who requested Harrison's help and agreed to employ Martin Grime. Nor does the Prosecutor who directed the investigation.

Amaral certainly didn't have carte blanche to do as he liked. Could it be that Amaral is being scapegoated by all and sundry because he wrote a book describing his period of the investigation and his theories?

I think there is no doubt that at all.

The last decade would have been very different for the McCanns if Amaral had kept his mouth shut.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1843 on: July 20, 2020, 03:32:04 PM »

No other made any statements outside the official investigation...can't you see the difference

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #1844 on: July 20, 2020, 03:36:38 PM »
I think there is no doubt that at all.

The last decade would have been very different for the McCanns if Amaral had kept his mouth shut.

And for us. I think they had ambitions which were thwarted by their unpopularity.
Result = happy posting.