Author Topic: Goncalo Amaral.  (Read 408179 times)

Offline Carana

Re: Goncalo Amaral.
« Reply #2070 on: July 25, 2020, 06:18:42 AM »
So you think that she did know before the interview but gave the parents a thoroughly hard time because.... ?

Further if she knew that Amaral was lying to her about the forensics ie the cellular matter taken from the apartment...why ask about the dog’s alerts ?

She publically stated her views just after the "dogs" interview and a decade before Netflix, so I don't see how Netflix could have "hastened her road to Damascus moment".
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=11585.msg610801#msg610801

I've no idea why she was still "combative" towards the parents over the dogs. Something to do with asking "pertinent" questions, apparently, according to the screen-grab summary.

If she was trying to - perhaps playfully - goad Gerry into saying something "juicy", I find "ask the dogs, Sandra" to have put a stop to it.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #2071 on: July 25, 2020, 07:16:31 AM »
The BBC panorama documentary "This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by BBC Panorama."  So the link to his actual words is no longer available via the link I used.

"His name was "Do Carmo"  -  there are several references on the forum to what he said previously http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=9555.msg462965#msg462965
What he actually said iirc is “The McCanns are not suspects.  Period”.  As you can’t be arsed to provide a proper cite for your claim I shan’t be bothered to do likewise.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #2072 on: July 25, 2020, 07:18:34 AM »
"“There are no new elements at the moment that would allow for the reopening of the inquiry,” Pedro do Carmo, the deputy head of the criminal police department, told AFP.
https://nationalpost.com/news/portuguese-police-say-new-british-evidence-not-enough-to-reopen-madeleine-mccann-case

It looks like the documentary is still available here https://youtu.be/wIR-Ku890ss  - No just the first 2 minutes of it.
That is not what you claimed De Camo said.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #2073 on: July 25, 2020, 08:33:46 AM »
That is not what you claimed De Camo said.
What he said is on the BBC documentary.  Look at that.  In this other quote he also used the words "at the moment" and that was the point I was trying to make with Davel

"No evidence against the McCanns"  compared to "No evidence against the McCanns at the moment"
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Carana

« Reply #2074 on: July 25, 2020, 08:43:06 AM »
"“There are no new elements at the moment that would allow for the reopening of the inquiry,” Pedro do Carmo, the deputy head of the criminal police department, told AFP.
https://nationalpost.com/news/portuguese-police-say-new-british-evidence-not-enough-to-reopen-madeleine-mccann-case

It looks like the documentary is still available here https://youtu.be/wIR-Ku890ss  - No just the first 2 minutes of it.

Rob, that article is dated April 26, 2012, i.e. before PT reopened their investigation in October 2013: when "Portugal's attorney general said "new elements of evidence" justified the "continuation of the investigation", which was shelved by police in 2008.
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-24655826

Coincidentally or not, that was the same month Aktenzeichen-XY (German "Crimewatch) first presented the case and got a tip off.

Maddie's disappearance was one of the cases being presented in Wednesday's edition of German TV show "Aktenzeichen XY" that regularly asks the general public for help in unsolved crimes. The McCanns had first appeared on the ZDF program in 2013, when a tip-off led police to look into this suspect. Lead investigator Christian Hoppe said that there was not enough information then for an arrest or an investigation. More solid information on the suspect apparently emerged in 2017.

A first reference to the man was received in 2013
According to Hoppe, there was already an Aktenzeichen-XY in October 2013- broadcast [that led to?] a first clue to the man.
https://www.sueddeutsche.de/panorama/maddie-mccann-ermittlungen-1.4926556

Offline Carana

« Reply #2075 on: July 25, 2020, 08:44:50 AM »
What he said is on the BBC documentary.  Look at that.  In this other quote he also used the words "at the moment" and that was the point I was trying to make with Davel

"No evidence against the McCanns"  compared to "No evidence against the McCanns at the moment"

Where did you get "against the McCanns" from?

"“There are no new elements at the moment that would allow for the reopening of the inquiry,” Pedro do Carmo (2012)

Offline Brietta

« Reply #2076 on: July 25, 2020, 09:10:14 AM »
Rob, that article is dated April 26, 2012, i.e. before PT reopened their investigation in October 2013: when "Portugal's attorney general said "new elements of evidence" justified the "continuation of the investigation", which was shelved by police in 2008.
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-24655826

Coincidentally or not, that was the same month Aktenzeichen-XY (German "Crimewatch) first presented the case and got a tip off.

Maddie's disappearance was one of the cases being presented in Wednesday's edition of German TV show "Aktenzeichen XY" that regularly asks the general public for help in unsolved crimes. The McCanns had first appeared on the ZDF program in 2013, when a tip-off led police to look into this suspect. Lead investigator Christian Hoppe said that there was not enough information then for an arrest or an investigation. More solid information on the suspect apparently emerged in 2017.

A first reference to the man was received in 2013
According to Hoppe, there was already an Aktenzeichen-XY in October 2013- broadcast [that led to?] a first clue to the man.
https://www.sueddeutsche.de/panorama/maddie-mccann-ermittlungen-1.4926556
I think it has taken a long time to build a case against Brueckner and it seems that if he was known about in 2007 quite a bit of information just wasn't acted on at the time and wasn't shared at a later date.
For example ... from where did Goncalo Amaral retrieve the photographs alleged to be of the van Brueckner was driving in 2007
Gonçalo Amaral devastates German investigation and reveals new photos of Brueckner's van
Per ZAP -22 June, 2020

“It doesn't matter who the pedophile is.
In recent years a suspect, a pedophile, a figure that fits the profile has appeared. He's an almost perfect suspect , ”said Gonçalo Amaral, in an interview in Jornal das 8, on TVI . “You only need one thing to be perfect, which is to be dead.”

The former inspector stressed that in order to consider the German citizen as guilty, it is necessary to “prove first that there has been kidnapping”.
Asked if he had any knowledge of the suspect's involvement in this case, he replied that,

"at the time, it was only known that this man was a pedophile."
He stressed, however, that in 2007 he was identified.

In the same interview, Gonçalo Amaral took the opportunity to reveal new photographs in which the Volkswagen caravan van, which Brueckner used to live and move in 2007, has a personalized painting and drawings , being different from the images released by the German authorities, where it appears white and yellow.

“Would that vehicle go unnoticed in Praia da Luz or elsewhere? Certainly not, ”he said, before immediately questioning the reasons why he says they had altered“ the images of the motorhome ”, which was taken to Germany to be examined.

“The question remains: is it possible that the German authorities concluded that at the time of 2007 the vehicle was not like this, but was still painted white? Who told you that? Could it be that the authorities - or the English that I do not know who did this, as it certainly was not in Portugal - that disclosed this are trying to check information? To receive a phone saying 'oh, did I see the car on the site?' Forget it, nobody saw anything because the car was different , ”he reiterated.

Regarding the photographs he revealed during the interview, the former PJ, who led the initial investigations into Maddie's disappearance, said only that “they were taken in the Algarve”.https://zap.aeiou.pt/amaral-arrasa-investigacao-alema-331219

"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #2077 on: July 25, 2020, 09:39:39 AM »
Where did you get "against the McCanns" from?

"“There are no new elements at the moment that would allow for the reopening of the inquiry,” Pedro do Carmo (2012)
Here is the video of Pedro do Carmo explaining his view, in his own words.  My recollection was nearly right, but so that there is no dispute here is Pedro do Carmo: https://youtu.be/8wOKQTsrpd4?t=45

Anything that was said then was "at this point" in time and things could change in the future, so he doesn't rule them out.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2020, 09:44:04 AM by Robittybob1 »
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #2078 on: July 25, 2020, 09:51:10 AM »
Here is the video of Pedro do Carmo explaining his view, in his own words.  My recollection was nearly right, but so that there is no dispute here is Pedro do Carmo: https://youtu.be/8wOKQTsrpd4?t=45

Anything that was said then was "at this point" in time and things could change in the future, so he doesn't rule them out.
That was an exerpt from "Panorama Madeleine McCann-10 Years On BBC Documentary-2017"

From the notes "Despite numerous claims to the contrary,  Gerry and McCann are NOT SUSPECTS  in the disappearance of their daughter Madeleine McCann"  but they weren't ruled out by Pedro do Carmo.
Moderation

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2079 on: July 25, 2020, 10:00:31 AM »
That was an exerpt from "Panorama Madeleine McCann-10 Years On BBC Documentary-2017"

From the notes "Despite numerous claims to the contrary,  Gerry and McCann are NOT SUSPECTS  in the disappearance of their daughter Madeleine McCann"  but they weren't ruled out by Pedro do Carmo.

I would say he did rule them out. Obviously if new evidence came to light things could chsnge.

What you are saying is no one who is found not guilty in court has been ruled out because new evidence could come to light and there are exceptions to double jeapordy...its a silly argument.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #2080 on: July 25, 2020, 10:07:23 AM »
I would say he did rule them out. Obviously if new evidence came to light things could chsnge.

What you are saying is no one who is found not guilty in court has been ruled out because new evidence could come to light and there are exceptions to double jeapordy...its a silly argument.
Bilton asks do Carmo several times "do you rule them out"  I never hear him say "Yes, they are ruled out". 

You are putting words in my mouth.  "What you are saying is no one who is found not guilty in court has been ruled out because new evidence could come to light and there are exceptions to double jeapordy...its a silly argument."
I haven't said anything about that at all.
Moderation

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2081 on: July 25, 2020, 10:12:09 AM »
Bilton asks do Carmo several times "do you rule them out"  I never hear him say "Yes, they are ruled out". 

You are putting words in my mouth.  "What you are saying is no one who is found not guilty in court has been ruled out because new evidence could come to light and there are exceptions to double jeapordy...its a silly argument."
I haven't said anything about that at all.

he said theres no evidence...not suspects...that rules them out..of course new evidence could arise in the future.
That means in that sense no one can be ruled out...so its  a pointless statement.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #2082 on: July 25, 2020, 10:15:57 AM »
he said theres no evidence...not suspects...that rules them out..of course new evidence could arise in the future.
That means in that sense no one can be ruled out...so its  a pointless statement.
He certainly seems reluctant to take a stand and say outright, that they are cleared.  Was that political pressure?  I tend to think so, but that would just be my opinion.
Moderation

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2083 on: July 25, 2020, 10:17:59 AM »
He certainly seems reluctant to take a stand and say outright, that they are cleared.  Was that political pressure?  I tend to think so, but that would just be my opinion.

I'm sure the pressure  is it makes the initial investigation look stupid

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #2084 on: July 25, 2020, 10:22:18 AM »
I'm sure the pressure  is it makes the initial investigation look stupid
We just don't know.
Moderation