Author Topic: Goncalo Amaral.  (Read 408812 times)

Offline barrier

Re: Goncalo Amaral.
« Reply #2085 on: July 25, 2020, 10:25:13 AM »
I'm sure the pressure  is it makes the initial investigation look stupid

Is this the same one Rowley gave a ringing endorsement to when saying,Two points to that, firstly the involvement of the parents, that was dealt with at the time by the
original investigation by the Portuguese. We had a look at all the material and we are happy that was
all dealt with and there is no reason whatsoever to reopen that or start rumours that was a line of
investigation
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #2086 on: July 25, 2020, 10:30:51 AM »
Is this the same one Rowley gave a ringing endorsement to when saying,Two points to that, firstly the involvement of the parents, that was dealt with at the time by the
original investigation by the Portuguese. We had a look at all the material and we are happy that was
all dealt with and there is no reason whatsoever to reopen that or start rumours that was a line of
investigation

I think that was different documentary at about the same time (the 10 year anniversary).
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline barrier

« Reply #2087 on: July 25, 2020, 10:33:21 AM »
I think that was different documentary at about the same time (the 10 year anniversary).

Question ans answer session,but the gist of it is the same.
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline jassi

« Reply #2088 on: July 25, 2020, 10:36:27 AM »
There have been so many documentaries over the years, each pushing their own agenda and disinformation  that it's unwise to believe anything said on them -IMO
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #2089 on: July 25, 2020, 10:38:14 AM »
Question ans answer session,but the gist of it is the same.
I took it differently, in that I thought the UK police know more than the PJ.   So as far as the UK cops are concerned the McCanns are cleared. and it was an abduction.

The PJ are still trying to work out how MM got out of the apartment (so they wanted a reconstruction).
But the UK take the view "however Madeleine got out of the apartment, she was abducted".
« Last Edit: July 25, 2020, 10:55:38 AM by Robittybob1 »
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #2090 on: July 25, 2020, 10:39:13 AM »
He certainly seems reluctant to take a stand and say outright, that they are cleared.  Was that political pressure?  I tend to think so, but that would just be my opinion.

I don't think so.  I tend to go with the flow of the evidence which justified reopening Madeleine's case showing up the extent of the incompetence of the Amaral investigation ... and there is no way he was going to open himself to that one.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #2091 on: July 25, 2020, 10:47:41 AM »
I'm sure the pressure  is it makes the initial investigation look stupid

The pressure is, imo, that whatever is said is blown out of all proportion by the media. In fact no-one needs to speak; some people believe that the Portuguese were well-diving looking for Madeleine McCann's body, but they never said that afaik.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #2092 on: July 25, 2020, 10:51:32 AM »
I don't think so.  I tend to go with the flow of the evidence which justified reopening Madeleine's case showing up the extent of the incompetence of the Amaral investigation ... and there is no way he was going to open himself to that one.
I've never seen a Portuguese person agree to "the incompetence of the Amaral investigation".   They might have agreed to reopen the case, but at that time (2017) the case had not advanced beyond what Amaral had brought out.

Maybe a bit different now with CB in the frame, but even that might end up inconclusive.
Moderation

Offline Lace

« Reply #2093 on: July 25, 2020, 10:53:25 AM »
Portugal Supreme Court made it crystal clear that the McCanns have NEVER been cleared.  Nobody has evidence to overturn anything in an unsolved case!

"And let not be said, too, that the appellants were cleared by the order of filing the criminal proceedings."

Never cleared of what?   They weren't charged with anything.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #2094 on: July 25, 2020, 10:56:41 AM »
I took it differently, in that I thought the UK police know more than the PJ.   So as far as the UK cops are concerned the McCanns are cleared. and it was an abduction.

Judging by the UK police's knowledge of the layout of PdL I would say they know less than the PJ. Rowley made no claim to know more than the PJ either; according to him they 'dealt with' the possibility of parental involvement. According to the archive reports they didn't.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #2095 on: July 25, 2020, 11:00:58 AM »
Judging by the UK police's knowledge of the layout of PdL I would say they know less than the PJ. Rowley made no claim to know more than the PJ either; according to him they 'dealt with' the possibility of parental involvement. According to the archive reports they didn't.
The PJ are still trying to work out how MM got out of the apartment (so they wanted a reconstruction).
But the UK take the view "however Madeleine got out of the apartment, she was abducted".

I can only think the UK police discovered something via Crimestoppers with confidentiality being a requirement. 
Moderation

Offline Brietta

« Reply #2096 on: July 25, 2020, 11:08:36 AM »
I've never seen a Portuguese person agree to "the incompetence of the Amaral investigation".   They might have agreed to reopen the case, but at that time (2017) the case had not advanced beyond what Amaral had brought out.

Maybe a bit different now with CB in the frame, but even that might end up inconclusive.

There have been one or two critics who we have never heard of because the advocates of freedom of speech who post translations on the internet post only what suits ... and among them criticism of Goncalo Amaral doesn't come into the equation thus critics are silenced just by being ignored.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #2097 on: July 25, 2020, 11:12:33 AM »
There have been one or two critics who we have never heard of because the advocates of freedom of speech who post translations on the internet post only what suits ... and among them criticism of Goncalo Amaral doesn't come into the equation thus critics are silenced just by being ignored.

A bit like here then, where only those supportive of the McCanns get heard?
Result = happy posting.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #2098 on: July 25, 2020, 11:12:42 AM »

Where is the "archive report" detailing Dr Totman's interviews with the police.  I have seen the result but I have never seen the 'archive report' leading up to the release of that information.
Have you?

Offline Brietta

« Reply #2099 on: July 25, 2020, 11:19:29 AM »

I can only think the UK police discovered something via Crimestoppers with confidentiality being a requirement.

The obvious time to carry out a reconstruction was right at the beginning ... Amaral vetoed that ... we have seen Rebelo checking out the apartment when he took over the case and we have seen photographs of them checking out the very question you raise.
In my opinion it is one of two choices.  The door or the window ... I know what I think is the most logical if the assailant was working on his or her own.