Author Topic: Goncalo Amaral.  (Read 408404 times)

Offline Eleanor

Re: Goncalo Amaral.
« Reply #2160 on: July 26, 2020, 12:43:38 PM »
Yes and no.

The citer can't claim contents as fact but can demonstrate the source
 If readers can see what has been written then they can make their own evaluation as to whether or not the information is valid.

We have posters who scoff at certain sites as sources, but at least one can see what has been claimed.

Just keep on adding the In My Opinion.  Or you could say, I agree with this Opinion.

Offline jassi

« Reply #2161 on: July 26, 2020, 12:46:27 PM »
Just keep on adding the In My Opinion.  Or you could say, I agree with this Opinion.

I usually do.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #2162 on: July 26, 2020, 12:47:10 PM »
What matters isn't what some armchair detectives here regard as facts but what the investigators believe to be true.
They clearly see an abduction as being possible
They clearly don't see the parents as suspects
They clearly see CB as a suspect and have evidence to support that suspicion
Ah, but that's what the MSM is feeding you, you see!  It's all speculation, unverifiable, nothing is true unless G-Unit has ratified it.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #2163 on: July 26, 2020, 12:49:03 PM »
Yes and no.

The citer can't claim contents as fact but can demonstrate the source
 If readers can see what has been written then they can make their own evaluation as to whether or not the information is valid.

We have posters who scoff at certain sites as sources, but at least one can see what has been claimed.
Scoffing at news reports from reputable news agencies just because they don't say what you want them to say is extremely childish IMO. 
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline jassi

« Reply #2164 on: July 26, 2020, 01:07:29 PM »
Scoffing at news reports from reputable news agencies just because they don't say what you want them to say is extremely childish IMO.

Of course it is , though sometimes they are not reputable news agencies.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #2165 on: July 26, 2020, 01:10:14 PM »
Of course it is , though sometimes they are not reputable news agencies.
Earlier G-Unit proffered a cite from the Standard.  Brietta responded with a cite from the Telegraph.  G-Unit then claimed that the article Brietta cited was nothing more than "press speculation".   Who gets to decide which news source is reputable and which is not?  I guess the answer is G-Unit!

ETA: Comically, she then relies on a cite from a book by a woman she suspects of not telling the truth about anything much at all!

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2166 on: July 26, 2020, 01:26:50 PM »
Earlier G-Unit proffered a cite from the Standard.  Brietta responded with a cite from the Telegraph.  G-Unit then claimed that the article Brietta cited was nothing more than "press speculation".   Who gets to decide which news source is reputable and which is not?  I guess the answer is G-Unit!

ETA: Comically, she then relies on a cite from a book by a woman she suspects of not telling the truth about anything much at all!

Why do these posters..like gunit...bother to read newspapers when they supposedly don't believe a word in them

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #2167 on: July 26, 2020, 01:28:32 PM »
Why do these posters..like gunit...bother to read newspapers when they supposedly don't believe a word in them
God knows.  Obviously there are far more reliable news sources, like Shining In Luz, or twitter.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #2168 on: July 26, 2020, 02:17:37 PM »
Journalistic speculations are not to be relied on. There is no evidence that members of the Metropolitan Police were doing any work at all on the case. Their involvement began in May 2011.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-22918857

Kate McCann was unaware of anything at all being done prior to that except Gamble's 'scoping' exercise.

We are still pressing the British and Portuguese
governments to do more, or at least something. A
year after our request for a review of Madeleine’s
case, Alan Johnson, the second home secretary we
had met, commissioned CEOP to undertake a
‘scoping’ exercise – basically to establish whether
they felt a review may be of benefit. Their report has been with the Home Office since March 2010. Although we have not seen it, it has been widely
reported that it highlights some deficiencies in the
investigation and hence areas that merit further
attention. We have since met the current home secretary, Theresa May, and written to her several times. Currently we do not know whether we are any further
forward, or whether the British government has even
raised the suggestion of a review with the Portuguese authorities.
In November 2010 we
started a petition to lobby the two governments to
conduct an independent review. We are at a loss to
understand why such a commonly used procedure
isn’t an obvious option and why our request for such
a review has gone unanswered.
[madeleine]

Among the issues highlighted in the scoping exercise ... which did in fact lead to a review of Madeleine's case due to the persistence of her parents ... was the fact that the original investigation led by Amaral was monumentally inept and there was " ... a basic failure to collate information and join up links that should have been made.
Telephone records were not properly analysed, missing early opportunities for leads.

And Kate and Gerry McCann were named as Arguidos, or formal suspects, by Portuguese police - something that the review says would not have happened if the probe had been carried out in the UK.

Mr Gamble found no evidence sufficient to make them suspects. His findings have now been formally submitted to the Home Office with recommendations to re-investigate"
http://themaddiecasefiles.com/brits-launch-maddie-probe-news-of-the-world-10-04--t7721.html

Didn't miss much in his scoping exercise didn't Jim Gamble.

Amaral knew that Brueckner was a paedophile with a connection to Luz.   
But did he know about phone calls made from Brueckner's cell phone on the night Madeleine vanished ... or was he far too tied into tracing the calls received and sent by Madeleine's parents and friends to be bothered with what a known paedophile might have been doing in Luz using the solid evidence provided by the British instigated initiative of the cell phone dump?
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #2169 on: July 26, 2020, 09:03:09 PM »
Allegations have been made that are not supported by evidence;

"Met officers...spent over a year...studying what the evidence actually was to justify a review...During that period numerous interviews took place"
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=11381.msg611693#msg611693

Officially the review was announced and began in May 2011;

The UK review into Madeleine's case began in May 2011, after Prime Minister David Cameron responded to a plea from her parents.

I cannot find any evidence that any Met officers were involved in anything for over a year before the review began.

Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2170 on: July 26, 2020, 09:12:24 PM »
Allegations have been made that are not supported by evidence;

"Met officers...spent over a year...studying what the evidence actually was to justify a review...During that period numerous interviews took place"
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=11381.msg611693#msg611693

Officially the review was announced and began in May 2011;

The UK review into Madeleine's case began in May 2011, after Prime Minister David Cameron responded to a plea from her parents.

I cannot find any evidence that any Met officers were involved in anything for over a year before the review began.
So what...does that prove anything...no it doesnt. I'm sure the McCanns were interviewed by SY as witnesses...the fact I cant prove it doesnt mean  it didnt happen

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #2171 on: July 26, 2020, 09:16:34 PM »
So what...does that prove anything...no it doesnt. I'm sure the McCanns were interviewed by SY as witnesses...the fact I cant prove it doesnt mean  it didnt happen

That's not the point. The point is when the Met became involved.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #2172 on: July 26, 2020, 09:24:14 PM »

I'm sure the ****** dunnit, the fact I can't prove it doesn't mean it didn't happen.
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2173 on: July 26, 2020, 09:34:26 PM »
I'm sure the ****** dunnit, the fact I can't prove it doesn't mean it didn't happen.

In an investigation it's what you can prove that's important..the fact that you are sure of something you have no proof for proves your logic is faulty

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #2174 on: July 26, 2020, 10:01:43 PM »
In an investigation it's what you can prove that's important..the fact that you are sure of something you have no proof for proves your logic is faulty

Didn’t you just say ‘ I'm sure the McCanns were interviewed by SY as witnesses...the fact I cant prove it doesnt mean  it didnt happen’

Surely that’s faulty logic ?
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?