Author Topic: Goncalo Amaral.  (Read 408458 times)

Offline Mr Gray

Re: Goncalo Amaral.
« Reply #2355 on: July 30, 2020, 06:40:00 PM »
What you don't understand is ......

Martin Grime, British Police (now FBI) dog handler

"The dog's behaviour for these alerts led me to the following opinions. The first alert was given with the dog’s head in the air without a positive area being identified. This is the alert given by him when there is no tangible evidence to be located [i.e. a physical corpse], only the remaining scent."

I understand everything about the dogs and the alerts and if you think that sentence from Grime confirms the alerts you are totally misguided regarding them...again thats not my opinion its fact.

Another fact is that in Harrisons report he tells how grime explained to the PJ the alerts had no evidential value without confirmation...the PJ simply ignored this.

I've always said that sceptics do not understand the alerts and you are proving me right. The alerts do not confirm the past presence of a body...FACT. ....as amaral claimed
« Last Edit: July 30, 2020, 09:26:19 PM by Davel »

Offline Brietta

« Reply #2356 on: July 30, 2020, 09:24:27 PM »
Who are you blaming now? I don't suppose Amaral was in charge of the analysts in Lisbon, was he? Do we need another thread to criticise the PJ as a whole?

The importance of using vital phone evidence to progress Madeleine's case was recognised.  Unfortunately it was used inappropriately and squandered when it was focused only on Amaral's chief suspects to the exclusion of all else.

If anything has emphasised how ill advised that was it is the present German investigation into their chief suspect whose phone was in the cell dump, whose details were in Portuguese files complete with his photograph and who apparently had not hung around Luz to be answering police questions ... and nobody wondered why.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #2357 on: July 30, 2020, 10:11:59 PM »
The importance of using vital phone evidence to progress Madeleine's case was recognised.  Unfortunately it was used inappropriately and squandered when it was focused only on Amaral's chief suspects to the exclusion of all else.

If anything has emphasised how ill advised that was it is the present German investigation into their chief suspect whose phone was in the cell dump, whose details were in Portuguese files complete with his photograph and who apparently had not hung around Luz to be answering police questions ... and nobody wondered why.

It's very fair of you to acknowledge that you have been blaming Amaral and praising Operation Grange unfairly for years. Now you know that the first investigation acted properly and swiftly to gather information which might be needed as the investigation progressed.

What is meant by CB's details being 'in the Portuguese files'? Was that the Public Prosecutor's files, the PJ files, the GNR files or what?
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2358 on: July 30, 2020, 10:17:22 PM »
It's very fair of you to acknowledge that you have been blaming Amaral and praising Operation Grange unfairly for years. Now you know that the first investigation acted properly and swiftly to gather information which might be needed as the investigation progressed.

What is meant by CB's details being 'in the Portuguese files'? Was that the Public Prosecutor's files, the PJ files, the GNR files or what?

I don't see anything unfair. Amaral and his team thought the dog alerts confirmed taht  abody had been in teh apartment...he was wrong ..they didnt. that took the investigation down a one way street

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #2359 on: July 30, 2020, 10:24:24 PM »
I don't see anything unfair. Amaral and his team thought the dog alerts confirmed taht  abody had been in teh apartment...he was wrong ..they didnt. that took the investigation down a one way street

Is Rua da Escola only one way?

It only points one way for me.
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #2360 on: July 30, 2020, 11:00:57 PM »

The big problem you have with that is that Amaral really didn't have a clue about how to use information from a cell dump as is amply demonstrated by his amateurish misuse as recorded in the files.

Don't public agencies in Portugal do joined up writing when investigating serious crime ... and if the coordinator of a serious crime doesn't bother to enquire what is it a coordinator actually does with his time?
That is apart from deciding he has them 'solved' before getting out of bed the morning after hearing about it.

In 2020 the German initiative and the methods used which resulted in finding a realistic suspect worthy of being thoroughly checked out have been in stark contrast to events of 2007.
The use of information hiding in plain sight instead of being used to enable a viable line of inquiry wasn't even looked for in 2007. 
No amount of denial is going to diminish the contrast between how the information was put to good use by the Germans but neglected by the Amaral investigation which never deviated from the chosen path of blaming the parents, as Amaral continues to do even to this day.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline sadie

« Reply #2361 on: July 31, 2020, 12:42:28 AM »
 8((()*/
How terribly rude and inappropriate of you to suggest I or any other member is "obsessed" ... it may have escaped your notice that the title of this thread is quite simply stated as ..."Goncalo Amaral"

Amaral is a man to whom the normal rules of professional conduct do not apply.  You can be sure if Amaral wanted anything to appear in the public domain he would see to it.

Amaral did write a book.
Amaral did perform in a documentary of the book.
Amaral has made a lucrative career out of his abject mishandling of Madeleine McCann's case.
Amaral's behind hasn't been separated from one studio chair or another for over thirteen years as he pontificates on destroying Kate and Gerry McCann in any which way he possibly can.

Not forgetting that Amaral was the original mouthpiece for releasing the information which led to the identification of Bruekner.

Amaral's indiscretions know no bounds, in my opinion if Amaral wanted information in the public domain the fact of it being 'witheld' would not get in his way or deter him in the slightest.

Well said, Brie.

Add to that:

The fact that

1)  His office under his command, changed the original statement by the police in Porto by the Taxi driver at Porto Campanha Railway station, which is in Porto itself to another Railway station in Vila Nova de Gaia.   This named Taxi driver picked the man up with the little girl being carried 'asleep', from the one station to another address which was impossible.  I walked the street to check it out.  So it was disinformation.  Why ?

2)  His office then embellished this second statement in several ways which were not true.  I wonder why he did that>?  And said to refer to Processos 807-808 and not the original which Amaral  demoted to Processos 809

3)  His office under his command played down several sightings including 29 in Malta, many in interesting, to me, areas.

Unfinished, so many more things, but this will do for starters.

Offline sadie

« Reply #2362 on: July 31, 2020, 01:02:17 AM »
 ^*&&
Having apparently gone to that bother ... don't you think it was remiss of them at the time not to analyse the phone data beyond the phones of the McCanns and their friends ~ Murat and his friends ~ one or two Ocean Club employees whose statements caused concern?

The information the Germans used shared by Scotland Yard was all there in Portuguese hands back in 2007 ... a little action such as that expended on on Madeleine's parents might have gone a very long way.

Snip
Law enforcement agencies in 30 other countries - most of them in Europe - have also been asked for their assistance, principally to trace people thought to have been in Praia da Luz at the time.

Speaking to the BBC's Today programme, Peter Sommer, an expert on cyber security, said the "multi-jurisdictional nature" of the case, which would involve mobile phone companies in different countries - and the gap in time - could make it harder to track people down.

But he said "cell site data" was routinely used in most criminal court cases in the UK.

Mr Gamble said the EU data retention directive, which compels telephone companies to retain call and internet records for a period of time, was at an "immature stage" in 2007.

But he said it appeared the data "wasn't properly or appropriately interrogated," at the time.

In UK investigations, he would expect the data to have been examined almost immediately, he said, but the "complex nature and geography" had made it more difficult.  https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-24386130

Maybe, Amaral was so stuck on The Mccanns that he didn't want to investigate the phone calls?

Maybe hr thought that he could wrap the case up as he and Cristovao had with The Joana Cipriano case?

Maybe, there was some reason that we don't know about that he didn't want to look at them deeply.  Maybe someone he knew had his telephone number recorded on them and he didn't want that publicised? 

Dunno. 

Anyone else got any ideas why he didn't bother to investigate them ?  He seemed to have a hard working and willing group of PJ working for him.

Offline sadie

« Reply #2363 on: July 31, 2020, 01:09:10 AM »
So which is it?  I don't care which way or the other.  I am a natural ignoramus.  Thick as two short planks is me.  And way too late now.

My Dad spoke perfect English.  He always said , "If I were you" as far as I can remember

Now, Elli, can you help me with apostrophys and spelling, pls.     (&^&

You are no ignoramus.  What you may possibly lack in paper qualifications, you more than make up for with an impressive natural intellect and a scorching sense of humour.

Well done, youse.

What would we do without you?

Offline sadie

« Reply #2364 on: July 31, 2020, 01:29:39 AM »
Is Rua da Escola only one way?

It only points one way for me.

Have looked at GE and I think it is Spammy.  The top part after the staff quarters definitely is with a no entry sign … and somewhere near where the front group of the Smiths stood there is a big black arrow, like you might see when you come out of a public car park onto a one way street in the UK and yet I cannot see a no entry sign where Rua d'Escola meets the main road

The bottom part is quite narrow with buildings jutting out into what road there is, and I think it was paved IIRC.
If it were two way, I wouldn't like to drive it quite frankly..

Offline Carana

« Reply #2365 on: July 31, 2020, 07:46:23 AM »
So you don't know the correct English.  There's a surprise.

If I were there, I would go nuts (hypothetical - you aren't actually there).

If I had been there, I would have gone nuts (hypothesis about an event in the past, but you weren't there.

I was there, I went nuts (fact).
« Last Edit: July 31, 2020, 07:48:27 AM by Carana »

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2366 on: July 31, 2020, 08:03:54 AM »
If I were there, I would go nuts (hypothetical - you aren't actually there).

If I had been there, I would have gone nuts (hypothesis about an event in the past, but you weren't there.

I was there, I went nuts (fact).

I think its the ...we was there....thats the problem instead of we were there

Offline Brietta

« Reply #2367 on: July 31, 2020, 09:06:50 AM »
Gonçalo Amaral shows robot portrait of suspect in Maddie case in 2007 that belies German version

June 26, 2020

Gonçalo Amaral released a photomontage of what Christian Brueckner had at the time of Maddie's disappearance.

For Gonçalo Amaral, a former inspector of the Judiciary Police, Christian Brueckner is the "almost perfect suspect" in the case of Maddie McCann. In an interview with Jornal do Centro https://www.jornaldocentro.pt/aquitv/video/70851/espaco-atualidade-com-goncalo-amaral Amaral released an image of the German with long hair that he claims corresponds to the image that he would have at the time of Maddie's disappearance.

The ex-PJ pointed out what he considers failures of the English and German police in conducting the process. One of the inconsistencies pointed out is related to the images released by the German, which correspond to his current image and not to the one he had 13 years ago, when the crime occurred.

"I cannot say that someone recognizes someone by an image of the person who is already a few years old. People change (...) Showing images of the person at 43 years of age is not the same thing as showing the person at 30" , said, during the interview.

The former coordinator of the Portimão PJ points out that the robot portraits released by the authorities at the time of the crime show a suspect with short hair, a fact that appears to be innocent for Christian Bruecker, who in 2007 would have long hair behind his back.

"In 2007 there are people who claim that his figure is not with short hair. He looked like a hippie and wore long hair behind his back. And the police know that," he also shoots.

To consolidate his statements, Gonçalo Amaral himself decided to present a reconstruction of what the German would look like in the year that Maddie disappeared. Using an image of Brueckner in 2006, a year before Maddie's disappearance, and using an image manipulation program, the former PJ presented a photomontage of the suspect with long hair.

Amaral concludes his theory with the fact that most of the witnesses in the case stated that the suspect was similar to Madeleine McCann's father, allegations corroborated by the English police. "I wonder where this individual resembles Mr. Gerard McCann", he asks.

The former PJ devalues ​​the new evidence linking Christian Brueckner to the investigation of the disappearance of the English girl and asks for more concrete evidence to consolidate a "serious investigation".

https://www.cmjornal.pt/portugal/detalhe/goncalo-amaral-mostra-retrato-robo-de-suspeito-do-suspeito-do-caso-maddie-em-2007-que-desmente-versao-alema

He just can't help himself, can he?

« Last Edit: August 01, 2020, 02:20:00 PM by Admin »

Offline The General

« Reply #2368 on: July 31, 2020, 09:09:08 AM »
That's 6 week old news.
The 2nd Youngest Member of the Forum

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #2369 on: July 31, 2020, 09:16:24 AM »
The big problem you have with that is that Amaral really didn't have a clue about how to use information from a cell dump as is amply demonstrated by his amateurish misuse as recorded in the files.

Don't public agencies in Portugal do joined up writing when investigating serious crime ... and if the coordinator of a serious crime doesn't bother to enquire what is it a coordinator actually does with his time?
That is apart from deciding he has them 'solved' before getting out of bed the morning after hearing about it.

In 2020 the German initiative and the methods used which resulted in finding a realistic suspect worthy of being thoroughly checked out have been in stark contrast to events of 2007.
The use of information hiding in plain sight instead of being used to enable a viable line of inquiry wasn't even looked for in 2007. 
No amount of denial is going to diminish the contrast between how the information was put to good use by the Germans but neglected by the Amaral investigation which never deviated from the chosen path of blaming the parents, as Amaral continues to do even to this day.

If, as you frequently proclaim, Amaral's mind was made up immediately, why did the PJ investigate Murat so thoroughly?

If, as you have repeatedly claimed, OG are so professional and well trained, what have they been doing with those 7,000 phone calls for nine years?

As I understand it CB was first mentioned in 2013, but not investigated. What were OG doing?

It seems to me that getting that phone number allegedly belonging to CB was the German's lucky break. When it was checked with the phone info it was active on 3rd May in the vicinity.

That's what the info was for, imo, to be available as needed.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0