Author Topic: Goncalo Amaral.  (Read 408238 times)

Offline faithlilly

Re: Goncalo Amaral.
« Reply #2775 on: August 10, 2020, 02:50:28 PM »
In fact it is all looking good for Portugal in The 21st Century, due to a brave woman who admitted that she had been duped.

So what has changed since SF made her opportunistic switch ?
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #2776 on: August 10, 2020, 02:59:05 PM »
I wonder why Amaral hasn't sued her for slander, for libel and for not believing all the things in the Bible (aka "The Truth of the Lie (sic)"

I thought Slander and Libel were okay in Portugal.  Amaral can't have it both ways.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #2777 on: August 10, 2020, 03:01:54 PM »
So what has changed since SF made her opportunistic switch ?

Portugal is waking up to what has been going on.  What with Torture and Perjury and all.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #2778 on: August 10, 2020, 03:04:49 PM »
I wonder why Amaral hasn't sued her for slander, for libel and for not believing all the things in the Bible (aka "The Truth of the Lie (sic)"

Her allegations strike at the heart of Amaral's 'thesis' particularly as she says on the Netflix documentary that she realised that because of Amaral's insistence that her parents had a hand in her death Madeleine had been deprived of being looked for despite there being a slight chance she could still be alive.

She said that caused her deep anger.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #2779 on: August 10, 2020, 03:24:33 PM »
Her allegations strike at the heart of Amaral's 'thesis' particularly as she says on the Netflix documentary that she realised that because of Amaral's insistence that her parents had a hand in her death Madeleine had been deprived of being looked for despite there being a slight chance she could still be alive.

Pigeons and such.  And it didn't do a lot for The McCanns either, in their search.

I try not to dwell on it too much.  Madeleine wasn't, isn't my child.  But I remain appalled by the perfidy.

His Investigation sucker punched Leonor Cipriano and I suspect that he intended the same for Kate McCann. 

At the moment I can only put it down to his hatred of women, although I suspect that there might be more to it.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #2780 on: August 10, 2020, 04:46:29 PM »
Portugal is waking up to what has been going on.  What with Torture and Perjury and all.

In what way ? Are you really suggesting that one rather opportunistic journalist’s road to Damascus moment will make even an atom of difference to Portugal as a whole ? Surely you’re too intelligent for that Eleanor?
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #2781 on: August 10, 2020, 04:47:31 PM »

Of course it did and that’s why she put them through a highly combative interview 15 months later.

Imagine if she’d said that she still believed that the parents were guilty. How much airtime do you think she would have got then ?

Poor Sandra....selling her credibility to the highest bidder.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2020, 04:51:23 PM by Faithlilly »

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #2782 on: August 10, 2020, 04:53:19 PM »
In what way ? Are you really suggesting that one rather opportunistic journalist’s road to Damascus moment will make even an atom of difference to Portugal as a whole ? Surely you’re too intelligent for that Eleanor?

Saul didn't do too badly, so don't knock it.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #2783 on: August 10, 2020, 05:11:30 PM »
Pigeons and such.  And it didn't do a lot for The McCanns either, in their search.

I try not to dwell on it too much.  Madeleine wasn't, isn't my child.  But I remain appalled by the perfidy.

His Investigation sucker punched Leonor Cipriano and I suspect that he intended the same for Kate McCann. 

At the moment I can only put it down to his hatred of women, although I suspect that there might be more to it.

The problem with choosing your target then homing in on it and sticking with it come what may as was done with the Cipriano and McCann cases is that while it boosts the 'detection' figures but at the same time lends nothing to actually solving the crime.

In my opinion it was only because Amaral was unable to use the same coercion measures on Kate McCann as used on Leonor Cipriano that he didn't have another 'successful' case attributed to him but as a direct result, yet another perpetrator or even perhaps the same perpetrator free to walk the streets of the Algarve villages.

It is yet to be decided whether or not Brueckner is implicated in Madeleine's disappearance but I think it could be safely argued that without the continuing search for Madeleine this rapist would not be safely under lock and key but would be enjoying his freedom and whatever else comes with that.

I am bemused that prejudice certainly not evidence and certainly not proof fuels the satisfaction that Leanor Cipriano has been incarcerated over the same period that Brueckner and many like him have been free to keep doing whatever it is they do.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #2784 on: August 10, 2020, 05:18:08 PM »
Saul didn't do too badly, so don't knock it.

Saul ?

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #2785 on: August 10, 2020, 05:23:31 PM »
Saul ?

You mean you've never heard about Saul on The Road to Damascus.  Saul was the original.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #2786 on: August 10, 2020, 05:24:36 PM »
The problem with choosing your target then homing in on it and sticking with it come what may as was done with the Cipriano and McCann cases is that while it boosts the 'detection' figures but at the same time lends nothing to actually solving the crime.

In my opinion it was only because Amaral was unable to use the same coercion measures on Kate McCann as used on Leonor Cipriano that he didn't have another 'successful' case attributed to him but as a direct result, yet another perpetrator or even perhaps the same perpetrator free to walk the streets of the Algarve villages.

It is yet to be decided whether or not Brueckner is implicated in Madeleine's disappearance but I think it could be safely argued that without the continuing search for Madeleine this rapist would not be safely under lock and key but would be enjoying his freedom and whatever else comes with that.

I am bemused that prejudice certainly not evidence and certainly not proof fuels the satisfaction that Leanor Cipriano has been incarcerated over the same period that Brueckner and many like him have been free to keep doing whatever it is they do.

Brueckner is in prison for drug offences and the rape in 2005 of an elderly lady. It has absolutely nothing to do with the search for Madeleine.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2020, 05:38:06 PM by Brietta »

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #2787 on: August 10, 2020, 05:31:25 PM »
You mean you've never heard about Saul on The Road to Damascus.  Saul was the original.

Ah...right.

Did he interview what he thought was a grieving couple in a very combative manner ?

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #2788 on: August 10, 2020, 05:38:50 PM »
Ah...right.

Did he interview what he thought was a grieving couple in a very combative manner ?

Much worse than that, until he saw The Light and then became a much loved saint.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #2789 on: August 10, 2020, 05:40:44 PM »

As he neared Damascus on his journey, suddenly a light from heaven flashed around him. He fell to the ground and heard a voice say to him, "Saul, Saul, why do you persecute me?" "Who are you, Lord?" Saul asked. "I am Jesus, whom you are persecuting," he replied.
Acts 9: 3 - 7