Author Topic: Goncalo Amaral.  (Read 408684 times)

Offline Brietta

Re: Goncalo Amaral.
« Reply #2985 on: August 19, 2020, 09:49:24 AM »
The book was a subject of libel..it will have been scrutinized by lawyers.

GA won the case so obviously it seems nothing in the book was libelous.

Or damaged the mccs reputation.....all that he wrote was facts from the investigation.

The truth ...it seems the lie was the abduction in my opinion that's why its called Truth of the lie.

Why do you think he hasn't found a British publisher to put that or his much talked about sequel into the bookshops here?

Is it a commercial decision do you think ... now that the reading public can witness for themselves exactly how a police investigation should be conducted and a credible suspect located.
They just won't be interested in an amateur dose of nonsensical conspiracy theory any more ... particularly since real investigators have brought to the fore a suspect who epitomises everything Amaral has sneered at and derogated for thirteen years.

I think at the moment he and his theories are becoming more risible by the day and in future will only be looked at in relation to the harm done to the investigation into what happened to Madeleine McCann.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Brietta

« Reply #2986 on: August 19, 2020, 09:53:49 AM »
He never got chance to get to  the truth did he ..they wanted rid first opportunity.

He criticized UK police ...and that was him gone.

Then the mccs went after him to silence him ...but they failed.

The only failure was Amaral's as anyone with access to news media can see first hand for themselves.

I think you embarrass your avatar by acting as his cheer leader.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Brietta

« Reply #2987 on: August 19, 2020, 09:55:51 AM »
He doesn't have to does he ...its all in the book free for anyone to read.

Its still there ..the mccs couldn't get it banned.

I wonder if the European Court will see it quite like that.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #2988 on: August 19, 2020, 10:06:48 AM »
The only failure was Amaral's as anyone with access to news media can see first hand for themselves.

I think you embarrass your avatar by acting as his cheer leader.
You mean that woman isn't Kizzy??  Who is it?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Lace

« Reply #2989 on: August 19, 2020, 10:07:20 AM »
The book was a subject of libel..it will have been scrutinized by lawyers.

GA won the case so obviously it seems nothing in the book was libelous.

Or damaged the mccs reputation.....all that he wrote was facts from the investigation.

The truth ...it seems the lie was the abduction in my opinion that's why its called Truth of the lie.

Again,  the DNA and dog alerts were not facts from the investigation.

Tell me if you had a Police officer accusing you of hiding your daughters body and writing a book about it what would you do?

Offline Lace

« Reply #2990 on: August 19, 2020, 10:08:36 AM »

He won't sell it in Britain,  all it will be is a freeby.

Offline Lace

« Reply #2991 on: August 19, 2020, 10:11:24 AM »
He never got chance to get to  the truth did he ..they wanted rid first opportunity.

He criticized UK police ...and that was him gone.

Then the mccs went after him to silence him ...but they failed.

So much for Amaral saying the British Police agreed with his theory then isn't it?

How did the McCann's go after him?   They came back to Britain and hired Private Detectives.   It wasn't until amaral wrote his fairy tale that Kate and Gerry had to take action against him,  as anyone would do in their position.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2992 on: August 19, 2020, 10:14:12 AM »

The decision as to if it is libellous or not hasn't been taken yet...it will be decided by the ECHR...imo it clearly is. The SC has a very poor record at the ECHR...it gets a lot wrong

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #2993 on: August 19, 2020, 11:03:46 AM »

So much for Amaral saying the British Police agreed with his theory then isn't it?

How did the McCann's go after him?   They came back to Britain and hired Private Detectives.   It wasn't until amaral wrote his fairy tale that Kate and Gerry had to take action against him,  as anyone would do in their position.

How was the collaboration with the English police?

With the investigators on the ground, it went very well. However, it was much more complicated with the headquarters in Great Britain.
https://www.gerrymccannsblogs.co.uk/Nigel/id286.htm#injdec
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline kizzy

« Reply #2994 on: August 19, 2020, 11:45:53 AM »
The decision as to if it is libellous or not hasn't been taken yet...it will be decided by the ECHR...imo it clearly is. The SC has a very poor record at the ECHR...it gets a lot wrong

That is in your opinion ..at the moment the book stands to be legal.

Although if printed in the UK...The mccs warned them they would be sued.

As you know in the UK the UK media etc are gagged

The same as any tv show they Appeared on had pre-set questions to ask them.

Seemed the fund money came in really handy they had lawyers I believe to cover everything.

Offline kizzy

« Reply #2995 on: August 19, 2020, 11:47:43 AM »
Accusing them with no definite proof.

Well you would think if your child had been abducted you wouldn't do this.

The search and examination of the scene were carried out in difficult conditions: when they arrived, the police were met with a large number of people coming and going - family, friends, resort employees, including dogs and members of the National Guard. The contamination of the premises risks bringing serious prejudice, as a consequence, to the investigation. We must ask ourselves if that contamination has been deliberate or not - it can make the search for clues particularly complicated. The Lisbon scenes of crime technicians come as reinforcements to start the examination of the residence, which is from now on empty.

Offline Lace

« Reply #2996 on: August 19, 2020, 11:57:10 AM »
How was the collaboration with the English police?

With the investigators on the ground, it went very well. However, it was much more complicated with the headquarters in Great Britain.
https://www.gerrymccannsblogs.co.uk/Nigel/id286.htm#injdec

I doubt very much if the investigators on the ground would have been able to tell Amaral how to investigate the case,  but I would imagine they were reporting back to headquarters.   

Offline Lace

« Reply #2997 on: August 19, 2020, 11:58:41 AM »
Well you would think if your child had been abducted you wouldn't do this.

The search and examination of the scene were carried out in difficult conditions: when they arrived, the police were met with a large number of people coming and going - family, friends, resort employees, including dogs and members of the National Guard. The contamination of the premises risks bringing serious prejudice, as a consequence, to the investigation. We must ask ourselves if that contamination has been deliberate or not - it can make the search for clues particularly complicated. The Lisbon scenes of crime technicians come as reinforcements to start the examination of the residence, which is from now on empty.

There he goes again blaming the McCann's,  what about his own officers with fag ash and dog hair?   What about the woman looking for fingerprints with no gloves?   As for him saying it could have been deliberate,   that is just a nasty comment to cover up his useless investigation.

Offline Lace

« Reply #2998 on: August 19, 2020, 12:02:13 PM »

Seemed the fund money came in really handy they had lawyers I believe to cover everything.

His book is libellous in the UK.   The fund money was there to help the search for Madeleine and in suing Amaral for his lies in his book and saying Madeleine was dead was helping the search for Madeleine as people would then know that what he said was not factual,  so yes the lawyers knew their job.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #2999 on: August 19, 2020, 12:52:09 PM »

You are mistaken when you accuse the McCanns of appropriating money from Madeleine's fund.

Madeleine fund ‘not for legal fees’  Wednesday 12 Sep 2007

The parents of missing Madeleine McCann will not seek to use money raised for the fund to find her to pay for their legal defence, a spokesman said.

Kate and Gerry McCann have appointed top lawyers in Portugal and Britain after being named as formal suspects in their daughter’s disappearance.
Speaking from the McCanns’ home village of Rothley in Leicestershire, family spokesman David Hughes said: “They have decided not to seek to use those funds for their legal support.”

Donations totalling £1,036,104.17 have so far been received for Madeleine’s Fund: Leaving No Stone Unturned, according to the official campaign website. The fund – which for legal reasons is not a charity – has four objectives, one of which is “to provide support, including financial assistance, to Madeleine’s family”.

There was controversy about whether or not Mr and Mrs McCann would use money from the fund to pay their legal costs after it became clear police suspected them of involvement in her disappearance.

The board of the fund later met to discuss the issue.
Director Esther McVey, who chaired the meeting, said the board would be legally entitled to pay the fees but had decided not to.
She said: “The board has been advised that the payment of Gerry and Kate’s legal defence costs would be legally permissible, subject to conditions about repayment in the event of guilty convictions.
“The fund’s directors realise there is not only a legal answer but recognise too the spirit which underlies the generous donations to Madeleine’s fund which it is the directors’ responsibility to steer.

“For this reason the fund’s directors have decided not to pay for Gerry and Kate’s legal defence costs.

We stress that Gerry and Kate have not asked for those costs to be paid.”

https://metro.co.uk/2007/09/12/madeleine-fund-not-for-legal-fees-107833/