Author Topic: Goncalo Amaral.  (Read 408400 times)

Offline Mr Gray

Re: Goncalo Amaral.
« Reply #3090 on: August 20, 2020, 02:20:07 PM »
The cite has been posted many times on this very forum over the years. I’m sure if you put it in the search facility you’ll find it.

There has never been an independent reliable cite for a confession with lawyer present..

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #3091 on: August 20, 2020, 02:21:10 PM »

A court never finds anyone guilty...only beyond reasonable doubt
« Last Edit: August 20, 2020, 03:18:54 PM by Brietta »

Offline barrier

« Reply #3092 on: August 20, 2020, 02:27:03 PM »
A court never finds anyone guilty...only beyond reasonable doubt

I've said all along the new suspect isn't involved, it'll only likely be, beyond reasonable doubt, at least we agree on that.
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline Icanhandlethetruth

« Reply #3093 on: August 20, 2020, 02:32:35 PM »
the court verdict is guilty beyond reasonable doubt.....thats decided in the Uk by the Jury...its their decision base d on their opinion.

in the Cipriano case there were three judges...two found bguity...one not guilty. again tahts the opinion of the judges and not proof of absolute guilt
If you use the lack of a unanimous verdict as grounds for doubt on a conviction then chuck in Ian Huntley as well as he was convicted on majority decision not a unanimous one.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #3094 on: August 20, 2020, 02:32:49 PM »
So despite having it on tape the torture of Lesley Anne downey the evil duo might not have done it, some logic that is.

I'm afraid you don't seem to understand my logic

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #3095 on: August 20, 2020, 02:34:18 PM »
If you use the lack of a unanimous verdict as grounds for doubt on a conviction then chuck in Ian Huntley as well as he was convicted on majority decision not a unanimous one.
I pointed out the verdict is an opinion..that's perfectly true and logical

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #3096 on: August 20, 2020, 02:35:41 PM »
The cite has been posted many times on this very forum over the years. I’m sure if you put it in the search facility you’ll find it.

I don't think so.  And even Angelo is backtracking.

And Leonor Cipriano was tortured by factions of The PJ, according to The Portuguese Court.

Why would they have tortured her if she had already confessed to murder?

It actually doesn't make sense.  Does it.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #3097 on: August 20, 2020, 02:41:10 PM »
https://joana-morais.blogspot.com/2008/10/cipriano-case-leonor-cipriano-confessed.html

Leonor Confessed the crime on the 13th of October and she alleges she was beaten a day later

Leonor Cipriano, the killer meanwhile condemned, confessed all of this facts to the PJ on the 13th of October 2004, in the presence of  her lawyer, who at the time was Célia Costa, who has also signed statements that were given to the Inspector Pereira Cristovão. Leonor's brother, João Cipriano,  had previously confessed the crimes a few days before,  on the 8 of October.

Leonor is doing the 16 years that she was condemned to, but the Public Ministry [MP] considers that the mother was beaten in the PJ of Faro on the 14th of October 2004. For the Defense of four of the five accused inspectors, it would not make any sense the policeman in question to beat the suspect to get a confession, even because "both of them had already admitted that they were responsible for Joana's death", said the lawyer António Pragal Colaço

So the source is the lawyer for the accused torturers

As I said no independent reliable cite

Offline Icanhandlethetruth

« Reply #3098 on: August 20, 2020, 02:41:36 PM »
I pointed out the verdict is an opinion..that's perfectly true and logical

Every verdict in court is an opinion but the definition of the word fact is a thing that is proven to be true. That's what a court case does, proves a case to be true or false.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #3099 on: August 20, 2020, 02:42:12 PM »
So despite having it on tape the torture of Lesley Anne downey the evil duo might not have done it, some logic that is.

As I've said all along it depends on the evidence

Offline Brietta

« Reply #3100 on: August 20, 2020, 03:12:51 PM »

I think the evidence was quite compelling as far as Brady and Hindley were concerned ... probably starting with their last victim and working backwards from there.

Edward Evan's body was found in Hindley's grandmother's house having been attacked with an axe and strangled.  He was only seventeen.
https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/ian-brady-myra-hindleys-house-10432360

Neither Brady or Hindley were beaten or tortured ... nor should they have been.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #3101 on: August 20, 2020, 05:24:02 PM »
I don't think so.  And even Angelo is backtracking.

And Leonor Cipriano was tortured by factions of The PJ, according to The Portuguese Court.

Why would they have tortured her if she had already confessed to murder?

It actually doesn't make sense.  Does it.

But surely you don’t trust Portuguese justice.....or is it just when it suits ?
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #3102 on: August 20, 2020, 05:34:52 PM »
That is an idiotic observation imo.  What actual evidence exists apart from a decidedly dodgy confession  that Leonor Cipriano murdered her child? 
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #3103 on: August 20, 2020, 05:35:03 PM »
But surely you don’t trust Portuguese justice.....or is it just when it suits ?

It's obviously not as simple as that ....it depends on the evidence presented

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #3104 on: August 20, 2020, 05:38:01 PM »
Every verdict in court is an opinion but the definition of the word fact is a thing that is proven to be true. That's what a court case does, proves a case to be true or false.
If that’s the case then it is true that OJ Simpson did not murder his wife or her lover.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly