Author Topic: Goncalo Amaral.  (Read 408508 times)

Offline Holly Goodhead

Re: Goncalo Amaral.
« Reply #3840 on: August 25, 2021, 08:14:50 PM »
He may be implying it but hes not saying it...and he hasnt for a long time.
I dont know if his assets have been unfrozen... Do you

The article refers to his assets being unfrozen.
Just my opinion of course but Jeremy Bamber is innocent and a couple from UK, unknown to T9, abducted Madeleine McCann - motive unknown.  Was J J murdered as a result of identifying as a goth?

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #3841 on: August 25, 2021, 08:41:49 PM »
The article refers to his assets being unfrozen.

I wonder if its true... I didnt see that in thhe article
« Last Edit: August 25, 2021, 08:45:01 PM by Davel »

Offline Billy Whizz Fan Club

« Reply #3842 on: August 25, 2021, 08:45:25 PM »

Amaral says Brueckner is innocent,  how would he know that?   Did he interview him?   Or did he not bother when the Police Officers found he wasn't in.

I find it Bizarre he can say such things.   He is just protecting his book.

I also find it strange that only Kate's fingerprints were found on the window.   So the cleaner didn't touch the window frame when cleaning the window?

It is what he believes.

In much the same way people assert that the McCann's are innocent.

With regards to cleaning a glass window people tend to want to avoid touching the glass with their fingers. It's better cleaned if the only contact is a cloth, imo.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #3843 on: August 25, 2021, 08:50:00 PM »
It is what he believes.

In much the same way people assert that the McCann's are innocent.

With regards to cleaning a glass window people tend to want to avoid touching the glass with their fingers. It's better cleaned if the only contact is a cloth, imo.

Perhaps the ECHR will shut him up

« Reply #3844 on: August 25, 2021, 08:55:32 PM »

Perhaps the ECHR will shut him up

I actually believe Amaral's opinion, even if wrong, is a reasonable opinion to hold given the evidence available to him. The world won't be a better place if large sums of money spent on legal fees are used to silence opinion.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #3845 on: August 25, 2021, 08:57:30 PM »
I actually believe Amaral's opinion, even if wrong, is a reasonable opinion to hold given the evidence available to him. The world won't be a better place if large sums of money spent on legal fees are used to silence opinion.

The world wil be a better place if people like amaral are stopped fron commiting defamation...

« Reply #3846 on: August 25, 2021, 09:04:56 PM »
The world wil be a better place if people like amaral are stopped fron commiting defamation...

How do you know for sure that he is? What if his opinion is correct? Surely you see he has valid reasons to hold that opinion even if he is wrong?

Furthermore Voltaire springs to mind here!

Offline Erngath

« Reply #3847 on: August 25, 2021, 09:19:46 PM »
How do you know for sure that he is? What if his opinion is correct? Surely you see he has valid reasons to hold that opinion even if he is wrong?

Furthermore Voltaire springs to mind here!
Are you saying that it is acceptable to defame someone with your opinion even if it is wrong?
Deal with the failings of others as gently as with your own.

Offline jassi

« Reply #3848 on: August 25, 2021, 09:23:28 PM »
Are you saying that it is acceptable to defame someone with your opinion even if it is wrong?

But who is to say it's wrong ?
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Erngath

« Reply #3849 on: August 25, 2021, 09:26:31 PM »
But who is to say it's wrong ?

BWK said it could be wrong .
And it could be.
So while it could be right or wrong, does anyone have the right to defame someone without knowing whether their opinion is right or wrong.

Offline jassi

« Reply #3850 on: August 25, 2021, 09:28:31 PM »
BWK said it could be wrong .
And it could be.
So while it could be right or wrong, does anyone have the right to defame someone without knowing whether their opinion is right or wrong.

It would appear so, in the absence of a court ruling to the contrary.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Erngath

« Reply #3851 on: August 25, 2021, 09:30:23 PM »
It would appear so, in the absence of a court ruling to the contrary.

Interesting theory.

« Reply #3852 on: August 25, 2021, 09:31:26 PM »

No I am saying people should be free to express a reasonable opinion. If the opinion can be reasonably justified with the evidence that is available to them then I believe that shutting that opinion down should not be the preserve of people with enough money to pay huge sums in legal fees. Justice and freedom of expression should be equitable but also reasonable.

Furthermore as I said it’s worth considering Voltaire.

Offline Erngath

« Reply #3853 on: August 25, 2021, 09:52:22 PM »
No I am saying people should be free to express a reasonable opinion. If the opinion can be reasonably justified with the evidence that is available to them then I believe that shutting that opinion down should not be the preserve of people with enough money to pay huge sums in legal fees. Justice and freedom of expression should be equitable but also reasonable.

So you do believe that anyone who has an opinion that a named person is guilty of a crime has the right to name that person as being guilty of that crime without having to present any evidence in court.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #3854 on: August 25, 2021, 09:55:12 PM »

As I have said many times. The ECHR will decide if his opinion is supprted by evidence... Thats one of their tests.... I think you will find his opinion isnt and he should realise that