Author Topic: Goncalo Amaral.  (Read 408821 times)

Offline Venturi Swirl

Re: Goncalo Amaral.
« Reply #3990 on: October 18, 2021, 07:27:17 PM »
I wonder if John Buck ever watched the TV back in his days as ambassador in Portugal in 2007?  Or read the news?  I wonder if perhaps he took it upon himself to get personally involved in an international news even out of concern and a desire to help personally?  Or perhaps because he fancied Kate McCann?  No it must be more sinister than that, involving conspiracy and cover up.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #3991 on: October 18, 2021, 07:29:46 PM »
You see what actually happened was Gerry phoned the amabassador when he was on his way back from the bin and said “Oi Buck, got myself in a bit of bother, you’d better get your sorry arse down to PdL pronto and help me and the missus  or I’ll spill the beans about you and the donkey and don’t forget I have photo evidence”.  And that’s the real reason why the ambassador dropped everything to help the McCanns.

Oh do come on.  That isn't even half decent.  It must be far worse than that.  But don't tempt me.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #3992 on: October 18, 2021, 08:00:50 PM »

How come that Gerry McCann was never seen as the perpetrator?  For Amaral it always had to be the woman. 

What is it about Amaral that so despises women?

Should this not have been raising red flags?

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #3993 on: October 18, 2021, 08:02:43 PM »
How come that Gerry McCann was never seen as the perpetrator?  For Amaral it always had to be the woman. 

Typical Latin chauvinist imo.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #3994 on: October 18, 2021, 08:27:11 PM »
Typical Latin chauvinist imo.

I sincerely hope not.  I have come across a few Anglo Saxon chauvinists in my time.  But Amaral is something else.  And still he goes on telling lies.

Why is Portugal doing nothing about this?

Davel has said that what Amaral is doing at the moment isn't actually Libel.  And I have enough respect for Davel to believe that he is right. But what on earth is Amaral doing?  And what on earth is Portugal doing?

Is this all to establish the right of some third world state to do as it pleases?

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #3995 on: October 18, 2021, 08:49:41 PM »
So what do you think is the real reason for his visit, eh?  Do give us the benefit of your insight.

I have no idea. All I know is that it wasn't normal procedure.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #3996 on: October 18, 2021, 08:53:14 PM »

Both parents were made arguidos.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #3997 on: October 18, 2021, 09:17:02 PM »
Both parents were made arguidos.

Don't you think that this was a bit odd?  There is nothing of Gerry's interview to be said while Kate's interview is plastered all over The Internet.

Not that I expect any response from you.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #3998 on: October 18, 2021, 10:21:35 PM »
I have no idea. All I know is that it wasn't normal procedure.
Extraordinary events demand extraordinary measures.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #3999 on: October 18, 2021, 10:32:39 PM »
Extraordinary events demand extraordinary measures.

While I can no longer be bothered.  Just don't trash The McCanns, okay.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #4000 on: October 19, 2021, 05:30:49 AM »
Don't you think that this was a bit odd?  There is nothing of Gerry's interview to be said while Kate's interview is plastered all over The Internet.

Not that I expect any response from you.

I don't think that had anything to do with Amaral. Both McCanns were advised to respond to questions with "No comment", according to Kate. She did, Gerry didn't. That, as she herself acknowledged, was why she was singled out;

"unfortunately our inconsistent responses to interrogation led to me being portrayed as ‘difficult’ or even ‘guilty’ in certain sections of the media" [madeleine page 266]
Result = happy posting.

Offline Carana

« Reply #4001 on: November 04, 2021, 10:35:57 AM »
I wonder if John Buck ever watched the TV back in his days as ambassador in Portugal in 2007?  Or read the news?  I wonder if perhaps he took it upon himself to get personally involved in an international news even out of concern and a desire to help personally?  Or perhaps because he fancied Kate McCann?  No it must be more sinister than that, involving conspiracy and cover up.

While he may have had various personal or professional reasons to head to the Algarve, I can think of a few potential reasons concerning his presence.

For what it's worth, a former (witty) British ambassador to somewhere in the Middle East (?) whose name escapes me wrote various accounts of his experiences. One - which caught my eye at the time - concerned an internationally newsworthy but chaotic situation in a country that didn't have the resources or the experience to deal with vast quantities of British journos and TV crews. Although not strictly within his mandate, he facilitated organising TV satellites, etc., to help make the onslaught of his country's press more manageable, thus reducing the risk of a diplomatic rift on that front. While Portugal wouldn't have needed help organising TV satellites, the PJ didn't have an official press liaison spokesperson and were - officially at least - bound by so-called judicial secrecy.

A potentially more thorny issue may well have arisen if he'd been made aware of the fact that the same PJ team had been in charge of the Cipriano saga. Another slippery stair incident would have been unlikely to bode well for diplomatic relations.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #4002 on: November 04, 2021, 10:58:17 AM »
While he may have had various personal or professional reasons to head to the Algarve, I can think of a few potential reasons concerning his presence.

For what it's worth, a former (witty) British ambassador to somewhere in the Middle East (?) whose name escapes me wrote various accounts of his experiences. One - which caught my eye at the time - concerned an internationally newsworthy but chaotic situation in a country that didn't have the resources or the experience to deal with vast quantities of British journos and TV crews. Although not strictly within his mandate, he facilitated organising TV satellites, etc., to help make the onslaught of his country's press more manageable, thus reducing the risk of a diplomatic rift on that front. While Portugal wouldn't have needed help organising TV satellites, the PJ didn't have an official press liaison spokesperson and were - officially at least - bound by so-called judicial secrecy.

A potentially more thorny issue may well have arisen if he'd been made aware of the fact that the same PJ team had been in charge of the Cipriano saga. Another slippery stair incident would have been unlikely to bode well for diplomatic relations.

That would make sense if he hadn't reacted so quickly. He surely set off before those potential problems could be identified and the child could have been found by the time he arrived.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #4003 on: November 04, 2021, 11:13:39 AM »
That would make sense if he hadn't reacted so quickly. He surely set off before those potential problems could be identified and the child could have been found by the time he arrived.

It was to be hoped that would be the case at the time and if so absolutely no harm done.

Or maybe he had been a Boy Scout in his youth and utilised the old motto.  Was it not something like ~ BE PREPARED
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #4004 on: November 04, 2021, 11:54:45 AM »

If it doesn't make sense to then what other reason can you give for his presence... Or is this just more innuendo