Author Topic: Goncalo Amaral.  (Read 408389 times)

Offline Venturi Swirl

Re: Goncalo Amaral.
« Reply #4005 on: November 04, 2021, 12:18:22 PM »
If it doesn't make sense to then what other reason can you give for his presence... Or is this just more innuendo
I can 100% guarantee you won't get a straight answer to this question.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #4006 on: November 04, 2021, 12:22:00 PM »
If it doesn't make sense to then what other reason can you give for his presence... Or is this just more innuendo

I have no idea why the British Ambassador hot-footed it from Lisbon to Portimao on 3rd May. I just don't think Carana's possible reasons are very convincing.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #4007 on: November 04, 2021, 12:23:06 PM »
I can 100% guarantee you won't get a straight answer to this question.
And I was right.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Carana

« Reply #4008 on: November 04, 2021, 02:17:20 PM »
That would make sense if he hadn't reacted so quickly. He surely set off before those potential problems could be identified and the child could have been found by the time he arrived.

There could have been calls late in the evening and he could have been intending to head down for the w/e anyway, no way of knowing.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #4009 on: November 04, 2021, 04:25:25 PM »
I have no idea why the British Ambassador hot-footed it from Lisbon to Portimao on 3rd May. I just don't think Carana's possible reasons are very convincing.
Well as you can't come up with any then Caranas are the best explanation there is

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #4010 on: November 04, 2021, 06:48:25 PM »
Here’s some other theories:
1) He was an attention-seeker who wanted to muscle in on the story to get his name in the papers
2) He was genuinely concerned about the competency of the local police to treat British victims of crime serriously. and wanted to be on hand in case of any issues arising as a result.
3) He was instructed by his overlords to rush to the McCanns aid because of Gerry and Kate’s secret connections with the world wide elite.
4) He was part of an elite Portuguese paedo ring and rushed to PdL to make sure the police didn’t follow up leads on Bruckner.
5) He fancied a trip to the seaside that weekend and the McCann case provided the perfect excuse.
6) He was a genuinely nice man who was moved by the news reports (as so many people were at the time) and went there to offer any help that he could in an act of compassion and kindness.

Anymore for anymore?  I expect G-Unit will be able to narrow it down for us by telling us which theories aren’t very convincing.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2021, 06:51:52 PM by Vertigo Swirl »

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #4011 on: November 04, 2021, 08:30:21 PM »

It was the slippery stairs problem if you ask me.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #4012 on: November 13, 2021, 09:56:26 AM »
Miguel Sousa Tavares interviews Gonçalo Amaral

Goncalo Amaral : There are diligencies, if you notice...

Miguel Sousa Tavares : No.

GA : MST :Have you read the process?

MST : There are diligences which have not been carried out because from the very beginning the hypothesis is that the parents are guilty.

GA : That's a lie, no, it's a lie and I'll tell you more...

MST : On the very first day the GNR dogs went there, all of them pointed to the car park..

GA : Pointed to what?

MST : The trail they followed stops at the car park. That lead points to a car that took the child out of there, and instead of (investigating) that, six months passed..

GA : Sorry, points to a car, why ? Where did you read that in my book?

MST : No, this I didn't read in your book.

GA : But it is also in the book, the GNR dogs are good, these are sniffer dogs, what they followed was the trail of a living child, you understand, it was the route of a live child. Why do you say it is a car ?

MST : Why do you say that she was not alive?

GA : Excuse me, but how can you say it was a car, you don't know when it happened, one, two, three hours before...

MST : In a car park it is most likely that it was a car..

GA : But it was the route that the menina followed..

MST :  I'm not an expert in criminal investigation, but the idea I have is that if you had started working seriously from the very beginning on the abduction hypothesis, the first suspicion had been that the child was taken away by car, instead of that..

GA : There is a witness who even talks that the child went out in the opposite way.

MST : Exactly, you gave her no credibility, she is an English friend of the McCanns and you gave no credibility to that witness.

GA : I didn't ?

MST : You gave no credit at all.

GA : It's possible, neither me, nor anyone else. That lady started by saying this, then that, then she changed this and modified that, and meanwhile the only thing she remembered was the hair, remember the e-fit with the hair which she completed until she reached the point of recognizing Robert Murat as the perpetrator. This kind of thing isn't acceptable.

MST : The first person who suspected of Robert Murat is you, isn't it?

GA : No, it's Jane Tanner.

MST : It is you. You're the first. You're the first who goes there and decides to put him under surveillance. (1)

GA : It is Jane Tanner. You're wrong. It is Jane Tanner.

https://www.facebook.com/Madeleinemyths/posts/251527198594833
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Brietta

« Reply #4013 on: November 13, 2021, 10:30:00 AM »
Miguel Sousa Tavares interviews Gonçalo Amaral

Goncalo Amaral : There are diligencies, if you notice...

Miguel Sousa Tavares : No.

GA : MST :Have you read the process?

MST : There are diligences which have not been carried out because from the very beginning the hypothesis is that the parents are guilty.

GA : That's a lie, no, it's a lie and I'll tell you more...

MST : On the very first day the GNR dogs went there, all of them pointed to the car park..

GA : Pointed to what?

MST : The trail they followed stops at the car park. That lead points to a car that took the child out of there, and instead of (investigating) that, six months passed..

GA : Sorry, points to a car, why ? Where did you read that in my book?

MST : No, this I didn't read in your book.

GA : But it is also in the book, the GNR dogs are good, these are sniffer dogs, what they followed was the trail of a living child, you understand, it was the route of a live child. Why do you say it is a car ?

MST : Why do you say that she was not alive?

GA : Excuse me, but how can you say it was a car, you don't know when it happened, one, two, three hours before...

MST : In a car park it is most likely that it was a car..

GA : But it was the route that the menina followed..

MST :  I'm not an expert in criminal investigation, but the idea I have is that if you had started working seriously from the very beginning on the abduction hypothesis, the first suspicion had been that the child was taken away by car, instead of that..

GA : There is a witness who even talks that the child went out in the opposite way.

MST : Exactly, you gave her no credibility, she is an English friend of the McCanns and you gave no credibility to that witness.

GA : I didn't ?

MST : You gave no credit at all.

GA : It's possible, neither me, nor anyone else. That lady started by saying this, then that, then she changed this and modified that, and meanwhile the only thing she remembered was the hair, remember the e-fit with the hair which she completed until she reached the point of recognizing Robert Murat as the perpetrator. This kind of thing isn't acceptable.

MST : The first person who suspected of Robert Murat is you, isn't it?

GA : No, it's Jane Tanner.

MST : It is you. You're the first. You're the first who goes there and decides to put him under surveillance. (1)

GA : It is Jane Tanner. You're wrong. It is Jane Tanner.

https://www.facebook.com/Madeleinemyths/posts/251527198594833

How was it possible for Amaral to get away with all of this?

One thing for certain is that he did not achieve it unaided. 

He had to have a lot of help.

Not only at the time when he was systematically wrecking the investigation into a missing child ~ but throughout all of the intervening years since.

SNIP
The investigators, in truth, were at fault from the very beginning.

Journalists, police officers and other experts who witnessed the early stages of the investigation were struck by how out of their depth the police seemed.

Their failure to secure the crime scene, close the borders, take early witness statements and conform to other basic investigative good practice has been well reported.

The most senior police officer, Goncalo Amaral, was abruptly removed from the case and demoted over his handling of it, while his office spent last summer leaking extremely prejudicial material about the McCanns to local media.

(Amaral is currently facing perjury charges, which he denies, in relation to another missing child case, which might cast doubt on the credibility of his own tell-all book about the McCann investigation, released tomorrow.)

Now it seems that it was the Portuguese police's catastrophic misinterpretation of British DNA findings that led to them becoming so convinced of the couple's guilt and naming them arguidos.

So much of this miserable story, in other words, could have been different had local investigators displayed a little more competence.

Portugal is a comparatively small country with a relatively inexperienced police force, and clearly British forensic experts, in handing over highly technical findings, should have taken the utmost care that they were interpreted correctly.

But there is no question that Kate and Gerry McCann were horribly failed by the investigation into Madeleine's disappearance.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2008/jul/23/madeleinemccann.portugal
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Carana

« Reply #4014 on: November 13, 2021, 11:06:06 AM »
It was the slippery stairs problem if you ask me.

I think probably both. With a sliding scale in favour of avoiding more slippery stairs.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #4015 on: November 13, 2021, 12:32:15 PM »
I think probably both. With a sliding scale in favour of avoiding more slippery stairs.

Some like Eleanor knew Portugal a bit but for the majority I believe it was only after the mismanagement of events involving foreigners that the full story of police incompetence began to emerge.

Although even those were not well known as the 'secrecy of justice' played well with not alarming the tourists who were Portugal's bread and butter.

I think the evidence is that the British consulate staff did know what went on and in the case of a missing British child took steps to circumvent more abuse happening on their watch.

To an extent they were successful in doing so:  physical abuse was avoided - but was there anything they could have done to address the psychological abuse which was part and parcel of 'investigative' techniques used.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #4016 on: November 13, 2021, 12:41:21 PM »

Some like Eleanor knew Portugal a bit but for the majority I believe it was only after the mismanagement of events involving foreigners that the full story of police incompetence began to emerge.

Although even those were not well known as the 'secrecy of justice' played well with not alarming the tourists who were Portugal's bread and butter.

I think the evidence is that the British consulate staff did know what went on and in the case of a missing British child took steps to circumvent more abuse happening on their watch.

To an extent they were successful in doing so:  physical abuse was avoided - but was there anything they could have done to address the psychological abuse which was part and parcel of 'investigative' techniques used.

I do know Portugal a bit, especially during both Revolutions.

But probably more to the point I remember The Michael Cooke Affair when he appeared in Court beaten up and with teeth missing.  The British Government weren't having that happening again.

Offline jassi

« Reply #4017 on: November 13, 2021, 12:45:55 PM »
No chance of that with the world media closely  focused on events in PDL
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #4018 on: November 13, 2021, 01:23:14 PM »
I do know Portugal a bit, especially during both Revolutions.

But probably more to the point I remember The Michael Cooke Affair when he appeared in Court beaten up and with teeth missing.  The British Government weren't having that happening again.

Are those the revolutions of 1926 and 1975?
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #4019 on: November 13, 2021, 01:41:52 PM »
Are those the revolutions of 1926 and 1975?

No.  there were two in the 1970s.  Did you not know that?

It was the period during which the Old Guard reinvented themselves and then snuck back into power.