Author Topic: Goncalo Amaral.  (Read 408460 times)

Offline G-Unit

Re: Goncalo Amaral.
« Reply #5025 on: July 27, 2022, 05:53:50 PM »
Reportage, from the Times newspaper.

However, Mr Ribeiro said that a new team of officers had now started a full review of the investigation after Chief Inspector Gonçalo Amaral, the previous head, was demoted for criticising the British police for being too close to Madeleine’s parents. “We are going to start a new phase in the investigation and we will review what we already have, not to criticise or judge what has been done but to try to decipher signals and events we might have not deciphered at the time when they did happen,” he said. The new team is reported to have criticised the previous operation, claiming that they have spent the past fortnight processing information left lying around the police headquarters in Portimão on scraps of paper and following up leads ignored by the earlier team. A Portuguese police source told Expresso newspaper: “There was important material lying all over the place that hadn’t been considered by investigators. A lot of key information was discarded. The whole process is being reviewed. Putting the papers in order has been a massive task.”

A police source? OK, thst sounds reliable.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #5026 on: July 27, 2022, 06:36:11 PM »
A police source? OK, thst sounds reliable.
Indeed it does.   Of course, you will choose to regard it as made up, no doubt by Team McCann which is your prerogative but it seems pretty evident from Rebelo’s carefully chosen words that there was a bit of a mess to clear up when he took over. 
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #5027 on: July 27, 2022, 06:37:05 PM »
40 minutes not a long Time?
Well that's almost the entire golden hour wasted.
You mean neither Kate nor Gerry saw to it swiftly & with a sense of urgency that Madeleine's Abduction be reported to the Police?
I find that rather surprising.
I mean if I were them & my daughter had just been abducted I'd see to it that the emergency services were called immediately.
Oh well, not much point blaming Amaral then really, I mean, by the time the McCanns actually requested the services of the pj Brueckner could have been over an hour away by then.
Oh well, nevermind, Maddie's dead anyway so I suppose it doesn't really matter.

Whose idea was it to ring the police anyway? Gerry's? Matthew thought it was Fiona's.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #5028 on: July 27, 2022, 06:59:10 PM »
Whose idea was it to ring the police anyway? Gerry's? Matthew thought it was Fiona's.

Yes, it appears that, rather than franticly pleading with a Portuguese speaker to whip out their phone & report Madeleine's abduction to the authorities immediately, Kate & Gerry were busy doing something else for the best part of the golden hour.

Oh well, never mind, Maddie was probably dead before the police had a chance to even get to 5a, so I suppose it doesn't matter really. I mean, Kate even thought she was already dead that night or maybe hiding inside a big dumpster type bin for some reason.

It's a bit rich blaming the PJ for anything really when you're not even going to bother reporting Madeleine's abduction to them in the first place.
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #5029 on: July 27, 2022, 07:06:24 PM »

Seriously, what were they doing for 40 minutes?

I mean, we know what they weren't doing, they weren't picking up their phones & trying to call the police or demanding anyone else did on their behalf.

They weren't doing that.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #5030 on: July 27, 2022, 07:39:47 PM »
Did the police cite this supposed massive delay in calling them as grounds for suspicion at all? 
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #5031 on: July 27, 2022, 07:42:05 PM »
What time did Kate raise the alarm again?  You thought it was most likely 9.20pm so that’s actually closer to 100 minutes they waited before getting the police involved, why aren’t you correcting the trolll?

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #5032 on: July 27, 2022, 07:56:13 PM »
What time did Kate raise the alarm again?  You thought it was most likely 9.20pm so that’s actually closer to 100 minutes they waited before getting the police involved, why aren’t you correcting the trolll?

Well, there's simply no way to be absolutely certain of any specific time really is there.

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #5033 on: July 27, 2022, 07:57:37 PM »
Did the police cite this supposed massive delay in calling them as grounds for suspicion at all?

Well, perhaps they should have done.

It does seem rather suspicious really doesn't it.

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #5034 on: July 27, 2022, 08:05:32 PM »
Well, perhaps they should have done.

It does seem rather suspicious really doesn't it.

I mean, bearing in mind Kate & Gerry were both immediately certain she'd been abducted because the window was open & it was impossible for her to have opened it herself.

It seems strange they let people wander around looking for Maddie as if she'd left of her own accord, rather than insisting someone call the police immediately & report the abduction.

Oh well, I'm probably worrying about nothing.

Maybe it's standard practice to just leave it the best part of an hour before reporting child abductions.

I mean, I wouldn't know, none of my children have ever been abducted, & there's no way to be certain Maddie ever was either really.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #5035 on: July 27, 2022, 08:57:41 PM »

I don't know what time Kate McCann raised the alarm. Looking at a variety of statements suggests that it wasn't at exactly 10pm, despite that time having become a 'fact' due to frequent repitition (imo).
Result = happy posting.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #5036 on: July 27, 2022, 09:00:54 PM »
I don't know what time Kate McCann raised the alarm. Looking at a variety of statements suggests that it wasn't at exactly 10pm, despite that time having become a 'fact' due to frequent repitition (imo).
So you don’t know how long it was between the alarm being raised and the police being called.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #5037 on: July 27, 2022, 09:05:45 PM »
This witness had no reason to lie.  Could we take it as proof that the alarm had not yet been raised a minute or so before 10pm? 

M. M. M. d. S. declares that on the night 03-05-07, she left the apartment at around 21H58 - she remembers the exact time because she asked her friend the time and she responded after checking this on the telephone in the lounge;

. They left the building and the deponent and her boyfriend took the Opel Frontera, previously indicated, which was parked out front of the apartment, in the private parking area of Block 6 where her friend's apartment was located;

. She declares that the night was good with a breeze, and that it was dark;

. After leaving Block 6, they turned right and after left, passing in front of the block occupied by the McCanns. She states that she saw no movement of people, and that in the immediate areas of the blocks she saw no vehicle with the exception of a small car, that appeared to her grey in colour, parked close to the window of the McCann apartment;

She declares further that she mentioned this fact to her boyfriend and that it wasn't yet summer given the movement on the roads, and at that hour movement was nill;

. States that she looked at the exit of the apartment and that from the flat above the McCanns, she saw light, and also in from of the apartment, but she could not define, concretely, where she saw the light when she passed the McCann apartment;

. Next to the tree, she did not detect any movement of people or vehicles, and nothing struck her as abnormal in that zone that would have raised her suspicions;

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #5038 on: July 27, 2022, 09:09:39 PM »
This witness had no reason to lie.  Could we take it as proof that the alarm had not yet been raised a minute or so before 10pm? 

M. M. M. d. S. declares that on the night 03-05-07, she left the apartment at around 21H58 - she remembers the exact time because she asked her friend the time and she responded after checking this on the telephone in the lounge;

. They left the building and the deponent and her boyfriend took the Opel Frontera, previously indicated, which was parked out front of the apartment, in the private parking area of Block 6 where her friend's apartment was located;

. She declares that the night was good with a breeze, and that it was dark;

. After leaving Block 6, they turned right and after left, passing in front of the block occupied by the McCanns. She states that she saw no movement of people, and that in the immediate areas of the blocks she saw no vehicle with the exception of a small car, that appeared to her grey in colour, parked close to the window of the McCann apartment;

She declares further that she mentioned this fact to her boyfriend and that it wasn't yet summer given the movement on the roads, and at that hour movement was nill;

. States that she looked at the exit of the apartment and that from the flat above the McCanns, she saw light, and also in from of the apartment, but she could not define, concretely, where she saw the light when she passed the McCann apartment;

. Next to the tree, she did not detect any movement of people or vehicles, and nothing struck her as abnormal in that zone that would have raised her suspicions;

Not really, I mean, we just have to take her word for it really don't we. She could have been mistaken, simply no way to be certain really is there. The time on her friends phone might not have been precisely matched to GMT, I mean that's possible isn't.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2022, 09:26:08 PM by Wonderfulspam »

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #5039 on: July 27, 2022, 09:22:55 PM »
She looked at the front of the apartment, towards a car close to the window, so she saw the window.

She doesn't mention seeing the shutter & window being open though, maybe she just didn't notice, or maybe it just wasn't open.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2022, 09:29:29 PM by Wonderfulspam »