Author Topic: Goncalo Amaral.  (Read 408499 times)

Offline Mr Gray

Re: Goncalo Amaral.
« Reply #5220 on: August 14, 2022, 03:51:56 PM »
I agree with you, Amaral being removed from the investigation for speaking out against the British police was politically engineered. This should not have happened imho.

More likely removed for being totally incompetent.imo

Offline Brietta

« Reply #5221 on: August 14, 2022, 03:53:46 PM »
I think the TV station could have clarified the matter by producing these statements. Perhaps they couldn't?

This is the Amaral thread.  Are you suggesting that Amaral was behind the leaks which brought Rebelo back to Portugal?
If not ... please endeavour to get back on track.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Brietta

« Reply #5222 on: August 14, 2022, 03:58:30 PM »
I think that would go more for Wolters ...and his so called concrete evidence

IMO I think Goncalo Amaral came to a sensible conclusion at that time in the investigation. As he has said numerous times, the investigation was not allowed to run it's course and test certain theories to the end. His hypothesis may have changed had other information come to light.

How is that so hard to understand?  I think he was close with his theory and allowed to carry on his investigation unhindered, would have uncovered more detail of what happened.

Your post is irrational.

Or is it your contention that the evidence you and Amaral think would solve the case somehow vanished after he was sacked?

Please explain what it was.

Please explain what happened to it.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #5223 on: August 14, 2022, 04:08:55 PM »
I think that would go more for Wolters ...and his so called concrete evidence

IMO I think Goncalo Amaral came to a sensible conclusion at that time in the investigation. As he has said numerous times, the investigation was not allowed to run it's course and test certain theories to the end. His hypothesis may have changed had other information come to light.

How is that so hard to understand?  I think he was close with his theory and allowed to carry on his investigation unhindered, would have uncovered more detail of what happened.
Apparently Rebelo was so desperate for Amaral’s input he had loads of meetings with him to try and solve the case so why didn’t Amaral point him in the right direction and produce a few of those aces he had up his sleeve? 
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #5224 on: August 14, 2022, 05:08:14 PM »
14 years and 7 months after Amaral was removed from the case and he’s still living rent free in some individual’s minds.

That’s the power of the man.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #5225 on: August 14, 2022, 05:10:34 PM »
14 years and 7 months after Amaral was removed from the case and he’s still living rent free in some individual’s minds.

His father died and left him his house.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #5226 on: August 14, 2022, 05:21:46 PM »
His father died and left him his house.

Pardon?
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #5227 on: August 14, 2022, 05:28:08 PM »
Pardon?

Amaral's father died and left him the house.  The father's house.  But he was a sitting tenant at the time of his father's death.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #5228 on: August 14, 2022, 05:33:14 PM »

Another hugely ironic post from the Mistress of Unintended Irony. 
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #5229 on: August 14, 2022, 05:41:51 PM »
Amaral's father died and left him the house.  The father's house.  But he was a sitting tenant at the time of his father's death.

Apologies Eleanor I don’t see the connection between that and my post.

Offline misty

« Reply #5230 on: August 14, 2022, 05:42:19 PM »

He's more like the unwelcome relative who turns up at birthday parties, demanding attention.
Intermittent media appearances (for remuneration, no doubt) are littered with far-fetched revelations and new books about the case. Quite fascinating, in a macabre sort of way.
Wolters has him rattled imo. Perhaps Amaral even gets a mention in Das Buch 1 or 2.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #5231 on: August 14, 2022, 05:46:25 PM »
I think Eleanor was having a little joke with you dear, it’s called having a sense of humour.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #5232 on: August 14, 2022, 05:47:01 PM »

Living Rent Free.  He is.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #5233 on: August 14, 2022, 05:49:02 PM »
Living Rent Free.  He is.
In our minds apparently.  I’m going to start charging him now that this has been brought to my attention.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #5234 on: August 14, 2022, 05:58:21 PM »
In our minds apparently.  I’m going to start charging him now that this has been brought to my attention.

No, he really is living rent free.