Author Topic: Goncalo Amaral.  (Read 408331 times)

Offline Wonderfulspam

Re: Goncalo Amaral.
« Reply #5610 on: December 30, 2022, 06:12:11 PM »
What bollox you do write in you attempt to involve Amaral.

Who was it gave lots of press interviews at the start?
Who was it set  up a website to encourage people to search for Madeleine?
Who engineered a visit to the Pope and appearances on TV shows in America?

McCann did and in doing so involved the public

Ahhh, but they were only trying to encourage the search for their abducted daughter, & most definitely weren't just trying to appear innocent.

Now, about this abductor. How's the case against him going?  Wolters having much luck is he?

What's that? No, you say?

Ahh well then maybe Amaral was right & there just wasn't one.

That's possible isn't it.
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #5611 on: January 02, 2023, 12:09:20 AM »
Incredibly Amaral just cannot let go of his peasant like belief that the analgesic Calpol was used to poison Madeleine.
It is paracetamol - which Amaral now claims is an antihistamine.  The guy is incorrigible.

Snip
In this book (the fourth on the subject!) Gonçalo Amaral explores more deeply the absence of information about the child who disappeared. He says that Portuguese research never had access, for example, to his medical history.

In an investigation into disappearance, child abduction, child abuse, the first thing you need to know is the victim. And this victim, we were never allowed to know her, particularly with such a medical history.

These children were medicated, or given to sleep a medically named Calpol, which is an antihistamine, that put them to sleep. The investigation has to know what is the relationship between taking this medicine and the possible death of the child. And for that we need the clinical history. We need to know if she had a problem.
https://rr.sapo.pt/noticia/pais/2021/10/15/goncalo-amaral-o-medo-da-justica-portuguesa-e-as-mentiras-da-justica-alema-no-caso-maddie/256864/
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #5612 on: January 02, 2023, 10:11:36 AM »
Although it's claimed that Calpol is just paracetamol, parents have believed for years that it encourages children to sleep and have used it with that result in mind. This one for instance;

“I always used to give my youngest son Calpol before a long flight; he was always over-excitable and used to get overtired so quickly, so I didn’t want to risk it. It used to work, to be fair - he’d often sleep soundly, and my husband and I never gave him more than the recommended dose.
https://www.columbusdirect.com/content/should-you-medicate-your-child-before-a-flight-parents-and-medical-professionals-give-their-opinion/
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Brietta

« Reply #5613 on: January 02, 2023, 10:42:16 AM »
Although it's claimed that Calpol is just paracetamol, parents have believed for years that it encourages children to sleep and have used it with that result in mind. This one for instance;

“I always used to give my youngest son Calpol before a long flight; he was always over-excitable and used to get overtired so quickly, so I didn’t want to risk it. It used to work, to be fair - he’d often sleep soundly, and my husband and I never gave him more than the recommended dose.
https://www.columbusdirect.com/content/should-you-medicate-your-child-before-a-flight-parents-and-medical-professionals-give-their-opinion/

Calpol is an analgesic.  It is not a sedative.

I immediately recognised the quote.
Seems the best nonsense you can come up with dates back to circa 2015 before you could reference another idiot who thinks it is a sedative.
It is way past its sell by date - much as is Amaral.  The recommendation is "There are not any medications which should be used for the purpose of sedating children for travel. Instead, you should focus on how to help with changing time zones and keeping your children well-fed, hydrated and distracted with plenty of toys!"  Had you read on into your link, you would have come across that piece of professional advice.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #5614 on: January 02, 2023, 11:03:15 AM »

is this where Amaral got his info from?  We can add diligent researcher to his list of talents then.  @)(++(*
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #5615 on: January 02, 2023, 11:05:31 AM »
Incredibly Amaral just cannot let go of his peasant like belief that the analgesic Calpol was used to poison Madeleine.
It is paracetamol - which Amaral now claims is an antihistamine.  The guy is incorrigible.

Snip
In this book (the fourth on the subject!) Gonçalo Amaral explores more deeply the absence of information about the child who disappeared. He says that Portuguese research never had access, for example, to his medical history.

In an investigation into disappearance, child abduction, child abuse, the first thing you need to know is the victim. And this victim, we were never allowed to know her, particularly with such a medical history.

These children were medicated, or given to sleep a medically named Calpol, which is an antihistamine, that put them to sleep. The investigation has to know what is the relationship between taking this medicine and the possible death of the child. And for that we need the clinical history. We need to know if she had a problem.
https://rr.sapo.pt/noticia/pais/2021/10/15/goncalo-amaral-o-medo-da-justica-portuguesa-e-as-mentiras-da-justica-alema-no-caso-maddie/256864/
I wonder how many near instant infant deaths as a result of Calpol ODs his investigation uncovered.  My betting is he never bothered to investigate it because if he had I think he might have found the answer was very close to zero.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2023, 11:16:46 AM by Vertigo Swirl »
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Brietta

« Reply #5616 on: January 02, 2023, 11:31:48 AM »
is this where Amaral got his info from?  We can add diligent researcher to his list of talents then.  @)(++(*

Do you remember the flurry around the hypodermic syringe allegedly found in the McCann apartment.  Of course that would have been rushed off to the labs to see what it had contained and illustrations would have been in police files had such a thing existed.

Didn't happen though because the syringe was yet another fabrication of a fevered mind just as Calpol is.

What I can't quite take in is that sceptics are still pushing this nonsense just cos Amaral says so.

Offline Myster

« Reply #5617 on: January 02, 2023, 11:42:19 AM »
From here maybe?...

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2019/jun/04/why-parents-are-addicted-to-calpol

"In 2007 Johnson & Johnson introduced a new product: Calpol Night, for children aged two years and up, with added antihistamine, to explicitly aid sleep. But in 2009 the MHRA ruled that 36 different medicines, including Calpol Night, should no longer be given to children under six: research had shown them to be of limited use in younger children, and linked them to side effects such as disturbed sleep and hallucinations. Even though Johnson & Johnson could have continued to market it for older children, Calpol Night was quietly withdrawn in 2010".........

....... "The fame of Calpol is so great that it was even dragged into the investigation of Madeleine McCann’s disappearance in 2007. The Portuguese police were under pressure to come up with new leads, and their attention briefly turned to whether Madeleine’s parents, who were doctors, had accidentally killed her while trying to sedate her. Leaks from the investigation appeared in a Portuguese newspaper, claiming an oral dosing syringe had been found in their holiday apartment. The McCanns readily admitted that they occasionally gave their children Calpol, but strongly denied administering anything stronger. There was no basis whatsoever for the theory, which has been completely discredited. But still the Calpol detail was seized on by conspiracy theorists and tabloids alike: the combination of the nation’s most famous missing child and our best-loved children’s medicine was too sensational to resist, even though the most basic research would show that Calpol contains no sedative ingredients at all."
It's one of them cases, in'it... one of them f*ckin' cases.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #5618 on: January 02, 2023, 12:23:18 PM »
From here maybe?...

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2019/jun/04/why-parents-are-addicted-to-calpol

"In 2007 Johnson & Johnson introduced a new product: Calpol Night, for children aged two years and up, with added antihistamine, to explicitly aid sleep. But in 2009 the MHRA ruled that 36 different medicines, including Calpol Night, should no longer be given to children under six: research had shown them to be of limited use in younger children, and linked them to side effects such as disturbed sleep and hallucinations. Even though Johnson & Johnson could have continued to market it for older children, Calpol Night was quietly withdrawn in 2010".........

....... "The fame of Calpol is so great that it was even dragged into the investigation of Madeleine McCann’s disappearance in 2007. The Portuguese police were under pressure to come up with new leads, and their attention briefly turned to whether Madeleine’s parents, who were doctors, had accidentally killed her while trying to sedate her. Leaks from the investigation appeared in a Portuguese newspaper, claiming an oral dosing syringe had been found in their holiday apartment. The McCanns readily admitted that they occasionally gave their children Calpol, but strongly denied administering anything stronger. There was no basis whatsoever for the theory, which has been completely discredited. But still the Calpol detail was seized on by conspiracy theorists and tabloids alike: the combination of the nation’s most famous missing child and our best-loved children’s medicine was too sensational to resist, even though the most basic research would show that Calpol contains no sedative ingredients at all."

My bad!  It wasn't a hypodermic I remember it was an oral dosing syringe!  But I still don't recall seeing this suspicious item appearing amongst photos of exhibits ~ making one wonder if it too is a fabrication?

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #5619 on: January 02, 2023, 12:47:41 PM »
Calpol is an analgesic.  It is not a sedative.

I immediately recognised the quote.
Seems the best nonsense you can come up with dates back to circa 2015 before you could reference another idiot who thinks it is a sedative.
It is way past its sell by date - much as is Amaral.  The recommendation is "There are not any medications which should be used for the purpose of sedating children for travel. Instead, you should focus on how to help with changing time zones and keeping your children well-fed, hydrated and distracted with plenty of toys!"  Had you read on into your link, you would have come across that piece of professional advice.

The point I was making was that parents who actually used Calpol found that it encouraged their children to sleep and relied on it to have that effect. Benadryl, an anti-hystamine, was also used
https://www.verywellfamily.com/benadryl-when-flying-with-kids-2634681

So whatever the medical profession says, parents believed that certain medicines could be used to sedate their kids and used them with that aim.
Result = happy posting.

Offline John

« Reply #5620 on: January 02, 2023, 12:51:07 PM »
My bad!  It wasn't a hypodermic I remember it was an oral dosing syringe!  But I still don't recall seeing this suspicious item appearing amongst photos of exhibits ~ making one wonder if it too is a fabrication?

When overdosing was first suggested, Amaral obviously latched onto the fact that Kate was a qualified anaesthetist so in theory had access to many controlled drugs.  I hasten to add that no such drugs were ever found in the apartment but then that's not really surprising.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2023, 12:59:56 PM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline John

« Reply #5621 on: January 02, 2023, 12:53:13 PM »
The point I was making was that parents who actually used Calpol found that it encouraged their children to sleep and relied on it to have that effect. Benadryl, an anti-hystamine, was also used

So whatever the medical profession says, parents believed that certain medicines could be used to sedate their kids and used them with that aim.

I know we used Calpol regularly when the need arose as it had a calming effect on irritable young children. It always seemed to do the trick so it was the go-to favourite for decades
« Last Edit: January 02, 2023, 12:57:05 PM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #5622 on: January 02, 2023, 01:04:09 PM »

The point is that Calpol is not a sedative - it is an analgesic.  Paracetamol.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #5623 on: January 02, 2023, 01:12:45 PM »
When overdosing was first suggested, Amaral obviously latched onto the fact that Kate was a qualified anaesthetist so in theory had access to many controlled drugs.  I hasten to add that no such drugs were ever found in the apartment but then that's not really surprising.

They clutched at straws.  Even Mr Healey's prescription medication was intrusively inspected in Levy's video despite the fact neither it nor Mr Healey had been present in Luz when Madeleine was on holiday there.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #5624 on: January 02, 2023, 02:11:07 PM »
I know we used Calpol regularly when the need arose as it had a calming effect on irritable young children. It always seemed to do the trick so it was the go-to favourite for decades

Regardless of what it contained it gave parents the effect they wanted, whether soothing a child's pain or sending it to sleep on a flight. If something works, it's used.
Result = happy posting.