Author Topic: Goncalo Amaral.  (Read 408173 times)

Offline jassi

Re: Goncalo Amaral.
« Reply #5670 on: January 07, 2023, 09:17:34 AM »
They did get the book banned.

Briefly
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #5671 on: January 07, 2023, 09:37:16 AM »
he thought another "successful" conviction of another mother would get get him out of the deep doo·dah of the pending charges he faced in a Portuguese court.

You seem unable to resist speculating about Amaral's motivations despite your stated lack of interest!

It is pretty obvious.

Offline kizzy

« Reply #5672 on: January 07, 2023, 10:47:27 AM »
One of Amaral's motivations was money.

His fortune was made denigrating the parents of the little girl he let down so badly when he botched the investigation into her case then went on to coin it in from every Portuguese media outlet available to him.

Even in his defence of rapist and child molester Brueckner - Amaral could not resist making jibes.  You may think Amaral has "honest" opinion.  I think that is charitable in the extreme for a career based on proven lies as the pundit of choice for all Portuguese media outlets capitalising on the case of the little girl Amaral never really looked for before writing her off.

His fortune was made denigrating the parents of the little girl he let down so badly when he botched the investigation into her case then went on to coin it in from every Portuguese media outlet available to him.

Oh my o my

All I can say is it's a good job your on the mccs side...otherwise your post would have a field day with them.

I mean the nastyness ...when you dont even know if he is wrong in him thinking the mccs are involved.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #5673 on: January 07, 2023, 10:52:46 AM »

Oh my o my

All I can say is it's a good job your on the mccs side...otherwise your post would have a field day with them.

I mean the nastyness ...when you dont even know if he is wrong in him thinking the mccs are involved.

It is pretty obvious.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #5674 on: January 07, 2023, 11:01:41 AM »
They did get the book banned.

They tried very hard to get an injunction to ban the book before the main case was heard. Eventually their request was denied on 29th October 2010 by the Lisbon Appeal Court. They said 'The injunction is deemed not valid because it was not proved.'
https://www.gerrymccannsblogs.co.uk/court_docs.htm#appeal

The judge of the first instance choose to ignore this and banned the book again, but her action was not surprisingly rejected again on appeal.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline kizzy

« Reply #5675 on: January 07, 2023, 11:04:27 AM »
It is pretty obvious.

What that GA is wrong.....fair enough if that's your opinion.

It isn't mine though...I think he is and always has been more near the mark

The reason IMO he was got rid of.... he was too close to the truth.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #5676 on: January 07, 2023, 11:15:06 AM »
he thought another "successful" conviction of another mother would get get him out of the deep doo·dah of the pending charges he faced in a Portuguese court.

You seem unable to resist speculating about Amaral's motivations despite your stated lack of interest!

Do give up on this absolute nonsense you persist on posting - you who allegedly really do not care a jot about Amaral - according to you, despite your posts indicating another story.

Goncalo Amaral is the star of this thread.

You have made it plain that is not to your liking.  Tough!  But do stop foisting your negative prejudices onto others.

If you don't think the guy is a rat - do present your defence.  This is the thread to do it on!

In the intervening period grow up and DESIST from questioning my motives and criticising my posts NOT ONE OF WHICH has deviated from the truth concerning a very flawed individual indeed.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Brietta

« Reply #5677 on: January 07, 2023, 11:25:54 AM »

Oh my o my

Amaral benefitted from gifts of money solicited by his friends.  These were not transparent but the prime objective was to bankroll him.  Therefore he benefitted personally from money collected on his behalf.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #5678 on: January 07, 2023, 11:28:47 AM »
It is pretty obvious.

I don't know what motivated Amaral, I only know what he says his motives were. Similarly I don't know what motivated the McCanns apart from what they claimed.

What I don't understand is why the McCann's supporters believe that they can detect Amaral's 'real' motivations, but accept the McCann's word for theirs.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #5679 on: January 07, 2023, 11:33:06 AM »
I don't know what motivated Amaral, I only know what he says his motives were. Similarly I don't know what motivated the McCanns apart from what they claimed.

What I don't understand is why the McCann's supporters believe that they can detect Amaral's 'real' motivations, but accept the McCann's word for theirs.

It is pretty obvious.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #5680 on: January 07, 2023, 11:34:33 AM »
Do give up on this absolute nonsense you persist on posting - you who allegedly really do not care a jot about Amaral - according to you, despite your posts indicating another story.

Goncalo Amaral is the star of this thread.

You have made it plain that is not to your liking.  Tough!  But do stop foisting your negative prejudices onto others.

If you don't think the guy is a rat - do present your defence.  This is the thread to do it on!

In the intervening period grow up and DESIST from questioning my motives and criticising my posts NOT ONE OF WHICH has deviated from the truth concerning a very flawed individual indeed.

You certainly have very firm opinions about Amaral, but you do tend to prefer speculation to evidence imo.
Result = happy posting.

Offline kizzy

« Reply #5681 on: January 07, 2023, 11:34:59 AM »
Amaral benefitted from gifts of money solicited by his friends.  These were not transparent but the prime objective was to bankroll him.  Therefore he benefitted personally from money collected on his behalf.

And.

Doesn't this also apply to the mccs.

IMO he was just trying to do his job.............because they the mccs couldn't do theirs.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #5682 on: January 07, 2023, 11:46:40 AM »
They tried very hard to get an injunction to ban the book before the main case was heard. Eventually their request was denied on 29th October 2010 by the Lisbon Appeal Court. They said 'The injunction is deemed not valid because it was not proved.'
https://www.gerrymccannsblogs.co.uk/court_docs.htm#appeal

The judge of the first instance choose to ignore this and banned the book again, but her action was not surprisingly rejected again on appeal.

Amaral's mate Paulo Pereira Cristovao shared Amaral's literary bent along with other peccadillos "The ex-cop, who left the Policia Judiciaria after a torture trial former Madeleine McCann chief investigator Goncalo Amaral was also implicated in". https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7766609/Portuguese-ex-detective-blasted-Madeleine-McCanns-parents-jailed-seven-half-years.html  In fact he wrote a series of books on missing and exploited children and managed to do so in such a way that he was never accused of libel in any of them.
Amaral wasn't even bright enough to do that - he stupidly got tied up in court proceedings for years, tying up all that lovely money!

Offline Brietta

« Reply #5683 on: January 07, 2023, 11:52:56 AM »
What that GA is wrong.....fair enough if that's your opinion.

It isn't mine though...I think he is and always has been more near the mark

The reason IMO he was got rid of.... he was too close to the truth.

Do you think he knew exactly what happened to Madeleine?  Wouldn't he have had to be involved in it for that to be so?  I think that is a pretty serious accusation to make!

But then again you have his more recent absolutely bizarre actions in falsifying evidence against the German investigation which does raise really serious issues.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #5684 on: January 07, 2023, 12:01:03 PM »

There is a missing child in the equation here.

In case you have forgotten her name is Madeleine McCann and there was a time when NOBODY WAS LOOKING FOR HER bar her parents.

And that was in great measure entirely due to Goncalo Amaral and his conduct of her case during - after - and up until the present day.