Author Topic: Goncalo Amaral.  (Read 408781 times)

Offline Eleanor

Re: Goncalo Amaral.
« Reply #5820 on: January 12, 2023, 01:58:20 PM »
Releasing information about Amaral's private life gained during their efforts to silence him using an (eventually unsuccesful) injunction was just another example of the attacks he was subjected to.

What is Private about Court Cases in Portugal, of which Amaral was Convicted?  He remains a Convicted Liar and a Convicted Thief.

These Court Cases were held in Public and anyone has a right to comment on this.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #5821 on: January 12, 2023, 02:26:49 PM »
Both of the Offences and other problems mentioned in your comment above occurred long before The McCanns ever went to Portugal.

He has always lived way above his means, neglecting even to pay his legitimate tax burden and everyone knows the tax man always catches up sooner or later as he did in this case.  So what does he do when eventually he gets his hands on a bob or two - appears in public with a diamond flashing from his earlobe.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Brietta

« Reply #5822 on: January 12, 2023, 02:32:55 PM »
The McCanns and their lawyer didn't just issue injunctions and sue Amaral in their quest to shut him up. They also released information to the press about his private life hoping to discredit him.

As you say, though, that had no bearing on his professional abilities at all.

His propaganda was interfering with the search for Madeleine.  Nobody else was looking for Madeleine with the exception of her parents whose campaign on her behalf was being adversely affected by Amaral's propaganda war of malice and negativity.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Brietta

« Reply #5823 on: January 12, 2023, 02:36:11 PM »
That's interesting. They released information about Amaral, but didn't release the e-fits of the abductor.
Speaks volumes really doesn't it.

No it speaks LIBEL along with an award for damages and a front page apology.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #5824 on: January 12, 2023, 02:45:10 PM »
Releasing information about Amaral's private life gained during their efforts to silence him using an (eventually unsuccesful) injunction was just another example of the attacks he was subjected to.

Initially the injunction was successful.  Amaral did rather well in the appeal courts did he not.

By the way - forget ye not that Amaral also used the libel courts to silence individuals and have them committed to an insane asylum to boot.

The alleged crime?

Defending the accused in a court trial.  What was all that about freedom of speech et al?

Offline Brietta

« Reply #5825 on: January 12, 2023, 02:48:34 PM »
No, same as people who gave to the fund ....didn't expect to be paying their mortgage etc etc.

Did anyone ever find out what financial debt the mccs was in.

Madeleine fund used to pay Gonçalo Amaral lawsuit
The parents of Madeleine McCann used funds raised to look for their daughter to pay court costs for the lawsuit they filed against Gonçalo Amaral, a former PJ inspector who was in charge of the case.

Wonder where the money came from for his sparkling diamond earing and the expensive vehicle he parked round the corner during his libel trial.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #5826 on: January 12, 2023, 03:07:44 PM »
Do you reckon then he is the only skint cop ...or if they are.... they are incapable of doing their job

One ex cop that I know of used a rather illegal method of bolstering his funds which even the Portuguese authorities deplored.

Cops are mixing with criminals as a result of the job.  Skint cops lay themselves open to corruption by criminals as Amaral's pal Cristovao did and which is why it is frowned upon when a cop is as impecunious as Amaral.

Former detective who criticised Madeleine McCann’s parents jailed for organised crime
Sam Corbishley
Saturday 7 Dec 2019
A former Portuguese detective who starred in the recent Netflix documentary about the Madeleine McCann case has been jailed for seven and a half years for helping plan two violent burglaries.

Paulo Pereira Cristovao, 51, is a long-time critic of Maddie’s parents who angered them with a controversial book about the mystery disappearance.

He was convicted over his role in the raids at properties in Lisbon and the nearby resort of Cascais.

State prosecutors accused him of being a key player in an organised crime gang, supplying them with information about victims and the homes to be targeted.

The ex-cop, who left the Policia Judiciaria (PJ) following a torture trial which also implicated the ex-chief investigator on the Maddie case Goncalo Amaral, will remain a free man pending an appeal.

It emerged Pereira Cristovao was facing trial in March when he played a prominent role in the documentary ‘The Disappearance of Madeleine McCann’.

He admitted involvement at a court in Cascais before it started.

But he denied prosecution claims he was a ringleader in the gang and insisted after the guilty verdict on Friday that he had been convicted of crimes, such as kidnapping, which he had not committed.

His defence lawyer told the court he had returned the £8,500 commission he was paid for one of the raids to a victim.

All but one of the 17 defendants were convicted over the 2014 raids, led by police officers with false search warrants who used the illegal operations to steal cash and other valuables.

In one, a couple and their daughter were kidnapped and the culprits took more than £100,000.

Two police officers, both sacked before the trial, were jailed for 17 and 16 years respectively.

Prosecutors alleged that the ringleader Nuno Mendes, nicknamed Mustafa, received instructions from Pereira Cristovao and passed them on to a relative who then got the rogue police officers to carry out the bogus raids.

Pereira Cristovao has been a constant critic of Kate and Gerry McCann and called for them to be arrested for leaving their children alone in their Algarve holiday apartment after Madeleine vanished on May 3, 2007.

He claimed in a 2008 book called The Star of Madeleine that the toddler was dead and her body had been dumped at sea.

The couple’s spokesman Clarence Mitchell called his comments ‘hurtful and distressing’ and accused him of trying to profit from the McCanns’ misfortune.
https://metro.co.uk/2019/12/07/former-detective-criticised-madeleine-mccanns-parents-jailed-organised-crime-11407968/

Offline kizzy

« Reply #5827 on: January 12, 2023, 04:42:01 PM »
Wonder where the money came from for his sparkling diamond earing and the expensive vehicle he parked round the corner during his libel trial.

Wonder where the money came from for his sparkling diamond earing

Maybe from donations.

Like when  CM said put money in envelopes address it to mcs  Rothley it will get there.

But as it happens Sofia bought him it,

Offline Brietta

« Reply #5828 on: January 12, 2023, 05:20:24 PM »
Wonder where the money came from for his sparkling diamond earing

Maybe from donations.

Like when  CM said put money in envelopes address it to mcs  Rothley it will get there.

But as it happens Sofia bought him it,

His friends were making appeals for his "fighting fund" right from the word go.  And of course his "expertise" as a pundit in Madeleine's case was a priceless asset.
Of course he did make provision to ensure that his assets were out of the reach of his many creditors.
"About the "Jaguar" vehicle with licence plate 28-FB-58, which at the date of the process was owned by the single-name society mentioned, was, on January 21, 2010 sold to a third party and on whose name it is currently registered, so that neither the parents of Madeleine McCann nor any of the several other creditors had the possibility to use it to cover the various debts incurred by the referred, repeating, long before the book's publication." Textusa

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #5829 on: January 12, 2023, 05:43:13 PM »

The McCanns didn't release the e-fits. That isn't libelous, it's a fact.
The e-fits were never made public by the McCanns. Now kindly remove the unwarranted warning you gave me.
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline kizzy

« Reply #5830 on: January 12, 2023, 05:50:52 PM »

Who for YOU

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #5831 on: January 12, 2023, 05:55:51 PM »

Who for YOU

Brietta has confused handing the e-fits to the police, with not releasing them to the public.

The Sunday Times were forced to apologise because they implied the e-fits hadn't been handed to police.

I never suggested any such thing. It's quite correct to say the McCanns didn't release the e-fits to the public, because they didn't.

Brietta jumped the gun & has issued me warning points for no good reason.

Let's see how long it takes her to remove them again.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #5832 on: January 12, 2023, 06:01:44 PM »
Who for YOU

In articles dated October 27 ("Madeleine clues hidden for 5 years" and "Investigators had E-Fits five years ago", News) we referred to efits which were included in a report prepared by private investigators for the McCanns and the Fund in 2008. We accept that the articles may have been understood to suggest that the McCanns had withheld information from the authorities. This was not the case. We now understand and accept  ...  We apologise for the distress caused."
https://www.pressgazette.co.uk/sunday-times-sued-mccanns-over-story-which-wrongly-claimed-evidence-was-withheld-police/

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #5833 on: January 12, 2023, 06:06:21 PM »
In articles dated October 27 ("Madeleine clues hidden for 5 years" and "Investigators had E-Fits five years ago", News) we referred to efits which were included in a report prepared by private investigators for the McCanns and the Fund in 2008. We accept that the articles may have been understood to suggest that the McCanns had withheld information from the authorities. This was not the case. We now understand and accept  ...  We apologise for the distress caused."
https://www.pressgazette.co.uk/sunday-times-sued-mccanns-over-story-which-wrongly-claimed-evidence-was-withheld-police/

There you have it.

Now, I didn't say anything about them 'not being released to authorities'. I was saying they didn't release them to the public, which is completely true.

You can remove that 10 points you gave me now, thanks.

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #5834 on: January 12, 2023, 06:09:06 PM »

Oh I see, I got another 5 points for explaining myself.

I still never said anything libellous though.

The McCanns didn't make the e-fits public. They weren't in Kate's book, or on their website.