Author Topic: Goncalo Amaral.  (Read 408364 times)

Offline John

Re: Goncalo Amaral.
« Reply #5835 on: January 12, 2023, 06:12:00 PM »
The McCanns didn't release the e-fits. That isn't libelous, it's a fact.
The e-fits were never made public by the McCanns. Now kindly remove the unwarranted warning you gave me.

Totally correct. They delayed handing them over but then they did look like Gerry so could you blame them.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #5836 on: January 12, 2023, 06:14:15 PM »
There you have it.

Now, I didn't say anything about them 'not being released to authorities'. I was saying they didn't release them to the public, which is completely true.

You can remove that 10 points you gave me now, thanks.

Kate and Gerry McCann secure £55,000 in libel damages and apology from the Sunday Times
The Sunday Times has published a full apology and agreed to pay Kate and Gerry McCann £55,000 in libel damages (all of which they will donate to charity), over completely false allegations that they had kept secret from the investigating authorities crucial evidence relating to their daughter’s abduction. The Sunday Times also agreed to pay the McCanns’ legal fees.
https://www.carter-ruck.com/news/kate-and-gerry-mccann-secure-55000-in-libel-damages-and-apology-from-the-sunday-times/
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #5837 on: January 12, 2023, 06:16:11 PM »
Totally correct. They delayed handing them over but then they did look like Gerry.

Well, they gave the e-fits to the police at some point. But those e-fits had been handed to the McCanns in 2008, they were then kept hidden from the public until 2012.  They didn't feature in either Kate's book, or on their website.
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #5838 on: January 12, 2023, 06:18:49 PM »
Kate and Gerry McCann secure £55,000 in libel damages and apology from the Sunday Times
The Sunday Times has published a full apology and agreed to pay Kate and Gerry McCann £55,000 in libel damages (all of which they will donate to charity), over completely false allegations that they had kept secret from the investigating authorities crucial evidence relating to their daughter’s abduction. The Sunday Times also agreed to pay the McCanns’ legal fees.
https://www.carter-ruck.com/news/kate-and-gerry-mccann-secure-55000-in-libel-damages-and-apology-from-the-sunday-times/

Spot the difference.

I never said anything about the McCanns keeping them secret from authorities.
I was saying they kept them secret from the public, which is completely true.
So, that's 15 unwarranted warning points you gave me, that you should have the good grace to remove now, thankyou.

Offline John

« Reply #5839 on: January 12, 2023, 06:19:33 PM »
The Times retraction and apology.

A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.

Offline John

« Reply #5840 on: January 12, 2023, 06:23:29 PM »
Well, they gave the e-fits to the police at some point. But those e-fits had been handed to the McCanns in 2008, they were then kept hidden from the public until 2012.  They didn't feature in either Kate's book, or on their website.

The E-fits in question.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #5841 on: January 12, 2023, 06:23:39 PM »
There you have it.

Now, I didn't say anything about them 'not being released to authorities'. I was saying they didn't release them to the public, which is completely true.

You can remove that 10 points you gave me now, thanks.

Date 3 October 2014
Carter-Ruck
Sunday Times apologises and agrees to pay Kate and Gerry McCann £55,000 in libel damages

The Sunday Times has agreed to pay Kate and Gerry McCann £55,000 in libel damages (all of which they will donate to two charities - Missing People and the Joe Humphries Memorial Trust)

Mr and Mrs McCann's complaint related to an article by the Sunday Times' "Insight" team published on the front page of the newspaper in October 2013. The article alleged that Mr and Mrs McCann and Madeleine's Fund had kept secret from the investigating authorities crucial evidence (primarily consisting of "e-fits" obtained by private investigators) relating to their daughter's abduction.

The Sunday Times' allegations were completely false. As the newspaper now accepts, there is no question of the McCanns having sought to suppress any evidence; indeed all of the material collated by the private investigators had been provided to the relevant Portuguese and Leicestershire police four years earlier. The private investigators' report (including the e-fits) was also provided to the Metropolitan Police in 2011 shortly after the Met commenced its review into Madeleine's disappearance.

The Sunday Times has also agreed to pay the McCanns' legal costs of bringing the complaint.

The McCanns have today issued a statement commenting on this case, a copy of which is attached.
For further information please contact Adam Tudor at adam.tudor@carterruck.com or Zoe Brocket at zoe.bro

https://www.carter-ruck.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/McCann-Press_Release-03102014.pdf
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #5842 on: January 12, 2023, 06:25:49 PM »
The Times retraction and apology.

"We accept that the articles may have been understood to suggest that the McCanns had withheld information from authorities"

I never mentioned anything about them doing that....

So, that's 15 warning points need removing from my name, & maybe Brietta should brush up on her comprehension skills.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #5843 on: January 12, 2023, 06:30:39 PM »

Oh I see, I got another 5 points for explaining myself.

I still never said anything libellous though.

The McCanns didn't make the e-fits public. They weren't in Kate's book, or on their website.

3 October 2014
Kate and Gerry McCann hit out at "same old press
abuse" by newspapers

https://www.carter-ruck.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/McCann-Press_Release-03102014.pdf
The couple receive £55,000 in libel damages from
Sunday Times
Kate and Gerry McCann today hit out at the continued failure of the UK newspaper
industry to put their house in order after the Sunday Times agreed to pay £55,000 in
libel damages (all of which they will donate to charity) for allegations made at a time
when the Sunday Times was proclaiming that press abuse was at an end and there
was no need for the independent regulation proposed by Leveson a year previously.
The McCanns were libelled in a front-page article by the Sunday Times' "Insight"
team in October 2013.
Gerry McCann pointed out that the newspaper's behaviour typified all that was wrong
with journalistic practices.
• the Sunday Times team did not provide the McCanns with any proper
opportunity to comment on these appalling allegations before they were
published. They withheld important aspects of the allegations they were
intending to make and chose not to publish key parts of the McCanns'
response. Above all, the Sunday Times was on express notice that the
allegations were false, yet they still went ahead and published them.
• Initially, the McCanns sought to resolve the complaint amicably by writing to
the Editor direct. However, the half-baked, inadequate response they
received meant that they were left with no choice but to instruct their lawyers,
Carter-Ruck
• Faced with the grotesque and utterly false suggestion that they had, in effect,
deliberately hindered the search for their daughter and thereby let the trail go
cold, Mr and Mrs McCann had no alternative but to bring a libel complaint in
order to correct falsehoods which could only serve to damage the search for
their daughter
• Eventually, two months later, the Sunday Times acknowledged that its article
had been completely false and published a full retraction and apology. But
even then the apology was tucked away on an inside page. The newspaper
even refused to include the word "apology" in its headline.
• It then took a further 9 months, and the issuing of Court proceedings by the
McCanns, to require the Sunday Times to make sensible proposals to
compensate them and to allow them to make that fact public. Every penny of
the damages will be going to charity and the Sunday Times will also be
paying the McCanns' legal fees.
McCann/Sunday Times - Press Release - 3.10.2014
1652465_1

Speaking today, Mr and Mrs McCann said
"The Sunday Times has behaved disgracefully. There is no sign of any "postLeveson improvement" in the behaviour of newspapers like this.
"Despite the history of admitted libels in respect of my family by so many
newspapers, the Sunday Times still felt able to print an indefensible front page story
last year and then force us to instruct lawyers - and even to start Court proceedings -
before it behaved reasonably. But the damage to reputation and to feelings has been
done and the Sunday Times can sit back enjoy its sales boost based on lies and
abuse"
"This is exactly why Parliament and Lord Justice Leveson called for truly effective
independent self-regulation of newspapers - to protect ordinary members of the
public from this sort of abuse."
"It is also why the provision of low-cost arbitration for libel and privacy claims is so
important. We were able to use our lawyers, Carter-Ruck, who were willing to back
our complaint and who agreed to act on a "no win, no fee" basis - but even that form
of access to justice is currently under threat. The fact is that most families could not
take the financial and legal risk of going to the high Court and facing down a big
press bully as we have. That is why News UK and the big newspapers have opposed
Leveson's reforms and the arbitration scheme which is a necessary part of it. "
"It is why the latest industry poodle, IPSO, which the Times editor was allowed to
help appoint, does not even have the power to insist on its members providing
arbitration that Leveson required."
"It is time for Parliament to remind the newspaper owners that it is the people and
their elected representatives who run the country, not the moguls, and if they
continue to reject Leveson then as Lord Justice Leveson himself said, it will be
imposed on them to protect the public and public interest journalism."
Notes to editors
The defamatory article alleged that Mr and Mrs McCann had kept secret from
the investigating authorities crucial evidence (primarily consisting of "e-fits"
obtained by private investigators) relating to their daughter's abduction.
2. The Sunday Times' allegations were completely false.
3. As the newspaper now accepts, there is no question of the McCanns having
sought to suppress any evidence; indeed all of the material collated by the
private investigators had been provided to the relevant Portuguese and
Leicestershire police four years earlier. The private investigators' report
(including the e-fits) was also provided to the Metropolitan Police in 2011 shortly
after it commenced its review into Madeleine's disappearance.
1652465_1

4. The Sunday Times refused to apologise or to make a prompt and prominent
correction. The correction they printed 6 weeks later was on an inside page and
was inadequate.
5. The McCanns were forced to make a legal claim in the High Court because of
the Sunday Times' refusal to accept responsibility.
6. Only after the newspaper was sued did the it accept liability and offer to settle
the case.

1652465_1

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #5844 on: January 12, 2023, 06:31:37 PM »

Here I'll explain in simpler terms for Brietta, because she's clearly struggling with this.

"The McCanns hid the e-fits from authorities" -untrue = Libel.

"The McCanns didn't release the e-fits to the public" - 100% true = Not in any way libellous.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #5845 on: January 12, 2023, 06:56:05 PM »
Here I'll explain in simpler terms for Brietta, because she's clearly struggling with this.

"The McCanns hid the e-fits from authorities" -untrue = Libel.

"The McCanns didn't release the e-fits to the public" - 100% true = Not in any way libellous.

By this stage the police had taken over the reins of the inquiry into Madeleine McCann's disappearance.  The police were in possession of all the evidence - including the efits - and were in the process of conducting a live investigation.

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #5846 on: January 12, 2023, 06:59:25 PM »
By this stage the police had taken over the reins of the inquiry into Madeleine McCann's disappearance.  The police were in possession of all the evidence - including the efits - and were in the process of conducting a live investigation.

That doesn't change the fact that the McCanns didn't release the e-fits to the public.

Have you removed the warning points you incorrectly gave me yet, or am I going to have to ask John?

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #5847 on: January 12, 2023, 08:15:56 PM »
My, we've wandered off topic again haven't we?
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #5848 on: January 12, 2023, 08:45:15 PM »
My, we've wandered off topic again haven't we?

That's interesting. They released information about Amaral, but didn't release the e-fits of the abductor.
Speaks volumes really doesn't it.

Yes, because of my 100% non libellous post, for which Brietta still hasn't removed the warning points she gave me in error.

Offline sadie

« Reply #5849 on: January 13, 2023, 12:02:11 AM »
Yes, because of my 100% non libellous post, for which Brietta still hasn't removed the warning points she gave me in error.
#

IMO, you could do with a good few more warning points,

In fact, after the SEXUAL ABUSE you aimed at me a few days ago, you should have been EXPELLED from the forum.  Seems only VS saw it before it was removed.

Pretty disgusting to target a 85 year old woman sexually, but then. like Ret Sym and his son, The General, you  love to seek attention.   

Some call it * Showing off *